Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

i say a few workers were secretly looking forward to the redundancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The Yellow Lemon on Denmark Street(I think?) has closed. Citing a decline in daytime footfall as the reason. I am surprised to hear them citing "declining daytime footfall", when all the evidence points to the contrary. From what I can see, Limerick seems busier than it has in years, and the opening of numerous cafes in recent times suggests that is the case. Maybe it is the increased competition, in the form of these new cafes, that has led to the demise of The Yellow Lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Yellow Lemon on Denmark Street(I think?) has closed. Citing a decline in daytime footfall as the reason. I am surprised to hear them citing "declining daytime footfall", when all the evidence points to the contrary. From what I can see, Limerick seems busier than it has in years, and the opening of numerous cafes in recent times suggests that is the case. Maybe it is the increased competition, in the form of these new cafes, that has led to the demise of The Yellow Lemon

Everytime I passed it, it was very busy, so I'd say something else is at play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

With the increasing number of eateries in the city, competition is at a premium. People have so much choice now so standards have gone up significantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm a young buck but that place is there as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

pity about the yellow lemon, liked that place great location esp on market day, food wasn't bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is the Audi garage beside Circle K/opposite Maxol in Castletroy gonzo? Was emptied out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is the Audi garage beside Circle K/opposite Maxol in Castletroy gonzo? Was emptied out yesterday
    Moved to a brand spanking new garage next to Conlon's BMW and B&Q

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

they were building a new site down beside conlons bmw, possibly moving down there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Probably moving to the new garage on the ballysimon road (eastway business park)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cool, thanks.

I'd like to think that's a pretty good spot there (where they used to be) for something like a restaurant to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭manna452121

Cool, thanks.

I'd like to think that's a pretty good spot there (where they used to be) for something like a restaurant to go in.
    Another Hook & Ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭pigtown

Speaking of restaurants over there, has Cafe Noir been gone long? There's a new place there instead of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

pigtown wrote: »
    Speaking of restaurants over there, has Cafe Noir been gone long? There's a new place there instead of it

Ya that's been gone ages! Has has about 5 different names and owners since cafe noir. Can't remember what the most recent reincarnation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

panda100 wrote: »
    Ya that's been gone ages! Has has about 5 different names and owners since cafe noir. Can't remember what the most recent reincarnation is.

wow :eek: last time i remember was when one of the staff burned their hand there. (cafe Noire.)

wow :eek: last time i remember was when one of the staff burned their hand there. (cafe Noire.)

Oh wait are we talking about the same Cafe Noir?? The one one that was at the top of O'Connell Street?

panda100 wrote: »
    Oh wait are we talking about the same Cafe Noir?? The one one that was at the top of O'Connell Street?
    OOOOPPPPPPPsssss:P:P:P:P wrong one mixed up conversation with old audi place & was thinking of cafe across the road from it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

OOOOPPPPPPPsssss:P:P:P:P wrong one mixed up conversation with old audi place & was thinking of cafe across the road from it :D:D:D
    I think you're right, that was a Cafe Noir. Part of UL now though, the catering crowd that serve UL - Aramark - opened in there.

• Advertisement

I think you're right, that was a Cafe Noir. Part of UL now though, the catering crowd that serve UL - Aramark - opened in there.

No I mixed it up! Didn't read the original posts, doh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Has anyone seen the article in the limerick leader about "Nellys" just around the corner from the Locke Bar? Place is closed they are having a sleep in, something to do with the new landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Very strange one, tenants saying they were 2.5 years into the 5 yr lease and the (new) landlord reneged. Claims electricity has been cut.

Landlord quoted as saying claims made by the couple “outlandish", haven't any issue with the lease, didn't cut off electricity and ”we're not a charity".

Can't figure out what's going on there at all

leakyboots wrote: »
    Very strange one, tenants saying they were 2.5 years into the 5 yr lease and the (new) landlord reneged. Claims electricity has been cut.

Landlord quoted as saying claims made by the couple “outlandish", haven't any issue with the lease, didn't cut off electricity and ”we're not a charity".

Can't figure out what's going on there at all

new vulture company feck all experience that bought them from roscommon or mayo direction usual crap. all they want is money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

all they want is money.

As in the money that's owed to them for rent?

I read the article but it's all very vague.

Both just pointing the fingers at each other but no one explaining exactly what's actually going on.

I think the vulture company just want them out. So they can make more money out of it. With someone else.Just put up the rent. Vulture company telling a load of lies anyway just to look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Signs all over Heatons/Sportsworld in the Crescent saying closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Signs all over Heatons/Sportsworld in the Crescent saying closing down.

Heard that’s just a rebrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Heard that’s just a rebrand.

Yeah, changing to Sports Direct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It looks terrible in there. Like a warehouse.

Advertisement