Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I was in Heatons in the Crescent during the week and the lady who served me said it's going to be 'a TK Maxx style store' in the new year, with all the existing staff staying on which is great to hear.
    (Off topic but a lot of the stuff that's already reduced to half price is scanning even cheaper - the two toys I picked up scanned at around 25% less than marked price)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

dee_mc wrote: »
    I was in Heatons in the Crescent during the week and the lady who served me said it's going to be 'a TK Maxx style store' in the new year, with all the existing staff staying on which is great to hear.
    (Off topic but a lot of the stuff that's already reduced to half price is scanning even cheaper - the two toys I picked up scanned at around 25% less than marked price)

The price thing is pretty standard since Sports Direct took over. I've seen it a few times in Childers Road. I'm surprised it's taken so long to rebrand in the Crescent. It must be at least 18 months since Childers Road was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Villa05

The price thing is pretty standard since Sports Direct took over. I've seen it a few times in Childers Road. I'm surprised it's taken so long to rebrand in the Crescent. It must be at least 18 months since Childers Road was done.

I don't think it's 're branding to sports direct rather a new name. Heaton marketing emails have the new name which escapes me at this time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Villa05 wrote: »
    I don't think it's 're branding to sports direct rather a new name. Heaton marketing emails have the new name which escapes me at this time

A new name is basically what re-branding is..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Villa05 wrote: »

Most Heatons are rebranding to Brand max.

Tkmaxx style of overpriced rubbish that is mostly own brand with a few bits of actual brands stocked. (70% of Tkmaxx products are their own made up brands or made specifically for tkmaxx)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

In Heatons today, place was up ended. Good deals to be got in there. Signs saying 20% off marked price..got stuff equaling to €55 euro and only paid €32.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

See Moody Cow confirmed closure on 4th Jan. 2019, saw it was for sale, no word on if reopening under new owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Someone told me he passed by Nelly's earlier this evening and it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Someone told me he passed by Nelly's earlier this evening and it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

It’s been open since last week .
    Electricity running from a generator but back to near normal as possible .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Chez le Fab closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Chez le Fab closing down

That's a shame, seemed to be doing well anytime I called there. Do you know why it is closing?

Here’s the Facebook post, no reason given
    https://www.facebook.com/1795394217349537/posts/2273054936250127/

Here’s the Facebook post, no reason given
    https://www.facebook.com/1795394217349537/posts/2273054936250127/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Chez le Fab closing down
    That place seems to have no luck any business that moves in there seems to always close sooner or later. 2 yrs was prob the longest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

That's a shame, seemed to be doing well anytime I called there. Do you know why it is closing?
    Owner had kids recently and is closing to give more time to that I heard from a supplier in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

sioda wrote: »
    Owner had bad kids recently and is closing to give more time to that I heard from a supplier in there

Hope Santa left them coal in their stockings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Hope Santa left them coal in their stockings.

Stupid phone 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

That place seems to have no luck any business that moves in there seems to always close sooner or later. 2 yrs was prob the longest there.

What was in there before. Only ever remember it being a tourist office tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

tototoe wrote: »
    What was in there before. Only ever remember it being a tourist office tbh?

Jack Monday’s had a pop-up if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Jack Monday’s has a pop-up if I recall correctly.

Didn't know that. Tbh was never in there in any of its formats, coffee or tourist. Just an odd building imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

tototoe wrote: »
    Didn't know that. Tbh was never in there in any of its formats, coffee or tourist. Just an odd building imo.

Prob best to knock it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Prob best to knock it at this stage.
    Replace it with a donut shop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Be a good place for hovercraft/ viking longboat or some kind of nautical tour of limerick.
    I remember years ago similar was up by the clarion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

I wish they would get a move on and redevelop that whole Arthur's Quay, Liddy Street, Honan's Quay area in to a mix of retail, residential and proper public space. An actual plan would be a start I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Depends who "they" are. There are multiple companies and private business owners along with the council and very unlikely there would be joined up plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There was a shop on O'Connell street which I was last in a few months ago and couldn't find today. In my memory it was quite close to Findlaters, and it was similar to Tiger in terms of the oddities on sale. You walked in one door, took a mazy walk through, and came out another door.

Have I just got the location wrong, or is it gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

osarusan wrote: »
    There was a shop on O'Connell street which I was last in a few months ago and couldn't find today. In my memory it was quite close to Findlaters, and it was similar to Tiger in terms of the oddities on sale. You walked in one door, took a mazy walk through, and came out another door.

Have I just got the location wrong, or is it gone?
    . Think you have the location wrong. Sounds like Sostrene Grenne down on Bedford row, next to Limerick travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Yeah, Sostrene was my first thought too. Across from Schuh on Bedford Row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

banie01 wrote: »
    . Think you have the location wrong. Sounds like Sostrene Grenne down on Bedford row, next to Limerick travel.

Deglamorizes it somewhat when you realise that everything in the shop is made in China.

Advertisement