Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I used to love the parkway when I was a kid! Such a shame to see it deteriorate!

I can remember in the mid 1990s before the Crescent's expansion when the parkway and crescent were almost similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

I used to love the parkway when I was a kid! Such a shame to see it deteriorate!

I can remember in the mid 1990s before the Crescent's expansion when the parkway and crescent were almost similar!
    That's because they were owned and managed by the same company. The current Crescent owners Clancourt sold the Parkway in the mid noughties to Harcourt and immediately reinvested the money (They got circa €60m - €70m for the Parkway apparently) in extending and developing the Crescent. The centres went two very different ways since!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well the fact that the Crescent had a lot of room to expand surely didnt help the parkway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millold

The big one at the ebs side,heard he has given them 6 months notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millold

Not the carpet shop that opened a couple of months ago,the pop up rug shop just inside the hair shop entrance.The tack shop refers to the other pop-up shop next to the cash for gold shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Mc Love wrote: »
    Well the fact that the Crescent had a lot of room to expand surely didnt help the parkway.

where the crescent went out...the parkway should have went up...that site is well capable of taking something 2-3 times the parkways size

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

where the crescent went out...the parkway should have went up...that site is well capable of taking something 2-3 times the parkways size
    That was, not sure if it still is any more, the plan. Click on the link below and view the Parkway refurb plans in the retail section. Can't link directly to it as it's a flash site. They'd probably be mad to do it now with the Opera coming on stream again, not to mention Parkway Valley.

http://harcourtdevelopments.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Barratts in the Crescent is closing. It's parent company Stylo Shoes , Barratts and Priceless shoes had gone into liquidation but were saved by a new company. Barratts Ireland is lined up for closure.
    Stylo, owners of Stylo Shoes, Barratts Shoes and Priceless that employs 5,400 staff and more than one thousand stores, went into administration in February. Attempts to reach agreement with landlords that would have allowed all stores to continue trading (albeit at lower rents) failed. The new owner (Ziff etc) has bought 265 stores and concessions from the failed group, preserving 3000 jobs but losing 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

diol07 wrote: »
    That was, not sure if it still is any more, the plan. Click on the link below and view the Parkway refurb plans in the retail section. Can't link directly to it as it's a flash site. They'd probably be mad to do it now with the Opera coming on stream again, not to mention Parkway Valley.

Looks impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

diol07 wrote: »

Just noticed that it is listed as being for sale again on Daft.ie. Advert was updated yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Traffic wise it's not.

The Parkway was and sometimes is a nightmare to get a car in and out of.

I'd imagine the only reason Dunnes are still there is as a result of the lease; surely with the massive store they have down the road at Childers it doesn't make commercial sense to have the Parkway one there, outside of being obligated by lease to do so.

Sad to see the Parkway the way it is, it was a feature of my childhood going to see Santa there. Used to be buzzing back in the day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

cson wrote: »
    I'd imagine the only reason Dunnes are still there is as a result of the lease; surely with the massive store they have down the road at Childers it doesn't make commercial sense to have the Parkway one there, outside of being obligated by lease to do so.

The reason Dunnes is still there is they don't have a lease, they own their part and spent a few million a few of years ago expanding the store and the stock rooms.
    And your correct it doesn't make commercial sence, but they couldn't afford to have a rival take the Childers Rd site. BTW Dunnes Parkway is a larger store that Dunnes Childers Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭adaminho

I see Paddy macs is gone. Sign up in the door saying opening on Friday as a Supermacs diner and Quiznos subs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Not surprised place was always empty. Why are the putting a supermacs diner in there. Quiznos sounds good but there is a supermacs across the street like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Werent paddy macs part of supermacs anyway? Yay for quiznos!

Limericks wrote: »
    Werent paddy macs part of supermacs anyway? Yay for quiznos!

They are owned by the same company. Don't know what the obsession with Quiznos is, they opened a few years ago where Noor is now and closed after a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

adaminho wrote: »
    I see Paddy macs is gone. Sign up in the door saying opening on Friday as a Supermacs diner and Quiznos subs.

Where's this?

Heard this a while back but didnt want to say :P

Love Quiznos though! :D

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Where's this?

The old kranks korner. Have to say it never done well after Kranks left, Chick king lasted about 6 months and now Paddy macs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The old kranks korner. Have to say it never done well after Kranks left, Chick king lasted about 6 months and now Paddy macs.

I was thinking of Papa John's :o

Best of luck to them, that premises doesn't seem to have the best luck however.

• Advertisement

A dog with a mallet up its arse could have told you Paddy Mac's was a bad idea! Should have just put a seperate Papa Johns in there when they were doing up Supermac's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Chick king lasted about 6 months and now Paddy macs.

Setting up a chicken place down the road from the chicken hut was a bad idea. Bah another bloody supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

They are owned by the same company. Don't know what the obsession with Quiznos is, they opened a few years ago where Noor is now and closed after a few months.

Correct, 'twas run by a couple of lads with very strong Limerick rugby connections, lasted about a year I'd say. I ate there regularly and as far as I could see, their problem was lack of seating space. If you look at the other places on Thomas St, they all have plenty of seats, the old Quiznos could fit 6 or 7 only. The food was always good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Oh thank god, i fúcking loved Quiznos when it was on Thomas St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Melion wrote: »
    Oh thank god, i fúcking loved Quiznos when it was on Thomas St

Quiznos is muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

i never ever heard of quinzos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Might be my fault! I always had a fear of going in there because I don't wanna be going around afterwards with "Paddy's Sauce" all over my face :o

i never ever heard of quinzos :(

It's the second biggest sub sandwich chain after subway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Subway? Or substandard

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

And way way nicer

Advertisement