Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Franchise - menu wasnt great tbh and a tad overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It didn't last long. I only went once and it was crowded with teenagers. If that was its market then it's no surprise that it closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

There's quite a few vacant premises on that stretch of Thomas Street now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Vanquished wrote:
    There's quite a few vacant premises on that stretch of Thomas Street now.

Pedestrianisation is killing the street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

zulutango wrote: »

The fact that apart from bars and restaurants on that stretch of street, a side entrance to bt and a gents clothes shop...it doesn't matter if you could pogo up and down the street, there is little to bring you up through it.

Was only in freshii twice, food was only ok and it's a tiny place inside, it wasn't very comfortable. And I never really had the urge to go back.

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »

'If only you could pull up outside the door and pop in for a minute' Well actually you can because it's on the unpedestrianised section

The reality is that apart from bars, restaurants and cafes there isn't much else opening in the city centre. Retail is extremely subdued.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Boojum beware. Another darling of the sheep goes to the wall.
    Just like Gasta before it, Freshii had queues of sheep out the door when it first opened.

Treepole wrote: »
    Just like Gasta before it, Freshii had queues of sheep out the door when it first opened.

Just had to have a dig

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

childish post.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    childish post.

How is it?
    When Gasta opened it literally had queues out the door because it was the cool, new thing a year later it was gone. Freshii was the same, for 6 months everyone you passed on the street at lunchtime had a Freshii bag. It's an obvious thing to point out re: Boojum. I couldn't care less about your "burrito wars", they are what's childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

People excited to try out new cafes and restaurants when they open are a scourge alright :rolleyes:

How is it?
    When Gasta opened it literally had queues out the door because it was the cool, new thing a year later it was gone. Freshii was the same, for 6 months everyone you passed on the street at lunchtime had a Freshii bag. It's an obvious thing to point out re: Boojum. I couldn't care less about your "burrito wars", they are what's childish.

Never once saw a queue at either place myself.

tototoe wrote: »
    Never once saw a queue at either place myself.

Ok, it never happened so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    childish post.

Calling people sheep. Childish post.

Ok, it never happened so.

Where did I say that?

tototoe wrote: »
    Where did I say that?

What was the point of your comment so?

Lads, stop bitching and go and have a burrito and a cup of coffee will ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads, stop bitching and go and have a burrito and a cup of coffee will ye?

Hi could you recommend somewhere to get a burrito ?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

dashoonage wrote: »

mexico

dashoonage wrote: »

Mexico luv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mexico luv.
    thanks they were lovely :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

eir store on Cruises St. closing in May with the loss of 7 jobs and a further blow to the embattled Cruises St.

https://imgur.com/a/0VkIS

Just walked down it there at lunchtime and it has really aged badly. Two new outdoorsy shops opened which I cant see lasting tbf. Could probably tear it down and build it up again with maybe more retail space and parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

eir store on Cruises St. closing in May with the loss of 7 jobs and a further blow to the embattled Cruises St.

https://imgur.com/a/0VkIS

Don’t see why Eir couldn’t redeploy 7 staff between their other stores.

That shop opened in 2010 as eMobile when Eircom (re)entered the mobile phone market and it was never busy. When they merged with Meteor and became eir it was inevitable that this would happen. Both o2 and Vodafone once had two shops in town and they closed one each.

I understand that it’s a pain in the ar$e for those who are now facing unemployment though and I hope they all get sorted soon.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just walked down it there at lunchtime and it has really aged badly. Two new outdoorsy shops opened which I cant see lasting tbf. Could probably tear it down and build it up again with maybe more retail space and parking?

Parking is not the problem. There are 3 large multi-storeys just a short walk away. Cruise's Street was a disaster from the outset. Hopelessly designed with completely inadequate unit specs. The developers were just delighted to avail of generous tax incentives for urban renewal at the time.

It's as characterless and soulless a 'street' as you'll ever encounter. And to think they tore down a 200 year city landmark to build this dump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Don’t see why Eir couldn’t redeploy 7 staff between their other stores.

That shop opened in 2010 as eMobile when Eircom (re)entered the mobile phone market and it was never busy. When they merged with Meteor and became eir it was inevitable that this would happen. Both o2 and Vodafone once had two shops in town and they closed one each.

I understand that it’s a pain in the ar$e for those who are now facing unemployment though and I hope they all get sorted soon.

Eir in the Crescent are hiring at the moment and had interviews today. They obviously didn't think much of their staff in Cruises Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Eir in the Crescent are hiring at the moment and had interviews today. They obviously didn't think much of their staff in Cruises Street.
    Idiocy! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Probably has nothing to do with their past performance. Eir most likely saw an opportunity to offload some staff who had more favourable contract terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

mdmix wrote: »
    Probably has nothing to do with their past performance. Eir most likely saw an opportunity to offload some staff who had more favourable contract terms.

Yeah I didn't mean it in terms of their performance but how eir weren't concerned about making the lot redundant while hiring for another store in the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

mdmix wrote: »

This.

Cheaper to get rid of those staff and rehire new staff elsewhere.

Advertisement