Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Should set them up up in the parks or broad walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maplin are having a closing down sale. Between 10% and 30% off everything. I was interested in SD cards and other types of storage... They're on the 10% discount bracket (unfortunately). Some decent discounts on power banks though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Everytime I've passed Noble Buffet for the last two weeks it's been closed up and in darkness.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Maplin are having a closing down sale. Between 10% and 30% off everything. I was interested in SD cards and other types of storage... They're on the 10% discount bracket (unfortunately). Some decent discounts on power banks though....

Everything on sale will probably still be way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ABlur wrote: »
    Cantina the mexican food unit in Topaz by Thomond Park closed last Saturday.

that's a shame i liked going there the odd time expensive but tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ABlur wrote: »
    Cantina the mexican food unit in Topaz by Thomond Park closed last Saturday.

2 down 1 to go.....the war continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

dashoonage wrote: »
    2 down 1 to go.....the war continues....

There can be only one 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Everything on sale will probably still be way overpriced.

In there today. Any of the big stuff is still cheaper online even with the discount. They are staying open for a while so they may drop again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

source wrote: »
    Everytime I've passed Noble Buffet for the last two weeks it's been closed up and in darkness.

No great loss, imo. Hopefully something decent goes in there. Just look at what the likes of Boojum can do to a unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No great loss, imo. Hopefully something decent goes in there. Just look at what the likes of Boojum can do to a unit.

Boojum?? Never heard of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭topcat72

The cafe that went into the old triple Crown pub on Athlunkard Street has closed after only a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

topcat72 wrote: »
    The cafe that went into the old triple Crown pub on Athlunkard Street has closed after only a few months.
    not really a good place there for cafe. Cause you got two well established places near it the locke bar & the hotel. Also parking by the time you have parked be just as easy go into town. forgot about supervalue just over the bridge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

not really a good place there for cafe. Cause you got two well established places near it the locke bar & the hotel. Also parking by the time you have parked be just as easy go into town. forgot about supervalue just over the bridge.

And Nelly's Corner at the junction above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

And Nelly's Corner at the junction above.

What's this place like? Seems to be busy every time I pass it, but for some reason i've never gone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

tototoe wrote: »
    What's this place like? Seems to be busy every time I pass it, but for some reason i've never gone in.

It's the No.1 Limerick restaurant on TripAdvisor, not sure if that's really any indication of quality though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It's a lovely little spot. The owners are really friendly and the food is good quality too. The outside area at the back is especially nice as it purports to show the remains of a medieval stone residence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Great food and great customer service, couldn't fault the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was it not the Mucky Duck? I thought it was the same people that owned it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Been a handful of times for breakfast, which is served all day if i remember correctly.
    Quick, no fuss service. Food was lovely & good value. Plenty of space for buggy although no changing facility.
    Staff are lovely.
    Coffee wasn't great the first time but seems to have improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭pigtown

Language school closed at the Parkway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

pigtown wrote:
    Language school closed at the Parkway

Was a poor location choice to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

Still a poor location regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

kilburn wrote: »
    Still a poor location regardless

Poor location for what?

You do realise language schools are one of the dodgiest industries in the country?

Treepole wrote:
    You do realise language schools are one of the dodgiest industries in the country?

Not all

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lasno wrote: »

Heh... I'd like to say I'm surprised that this happened, but I was renting a room in a house where they housed students for a year, and... yeah. "Dodgy" doesn't do it justice.

Allegedly of course, based on anecdotal evidence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Freshii looks to be gone. Went to pick up the usual and the place a mess inside as if things are finito.

In retrospect, we got something from there last week and they had run out of rice which was really weird.

Sad to see it go.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote:
    Freshii looks to be gone. Went to pick up the usual and the place a mess inside as if things are finito.

Was this a standalone business or part of the Franchise group?

Advertisement