Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Agree that it was lovely food, AFAIR it was run by an Irish guy (Dave ?) and his Thai wife. I hadn't been for a while but I thought I heard they sold it on and the food wasn't as good.

The Thai Gourmet. Was my favorite Thai spot in Limerick. They also did takeaway. Started out under the Jesuit Church. Moved to where Spice of India is now, then went below the White House. Closed because of sale of White House. The redeveloped VIP area downstairs in the pub is part of restaurant area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Keane's Hardware (formerly Barry's Hardware) in High Street off William Street. Shutter was down half an hour ago, "for sale" sign outside.

This was one of my favourite shops. Always spotless, no clutter, owner/manager always willing to give good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Keane's Hardware (formerly Barry's Hardware) in High Street off William Street. Shutter was down half an hour ago, "for sale" sign outside.

This was one of my favourite shops. Always spotless, no clutter, owner/manager always willing to give good advice.

Pity to see it close, it was nearly always my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

He knew how to charge well though, but will say no matter what you were looking for they almost always had it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Saddened to hear this. I always found him helpful and decent to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mejana is closed.Thought only doing the place up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

bigpink wrote: »

Thought they moved to Robert Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bigpink wrote: »

Are they not moving to Honan's Quay to where Cafe Crust was? Mejana was great to people watch while Sisha smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,744 ✭✭✭✭phog

He knew how to charge well though, but will say no matter what you were looking for they almost always had it in stock.

I never thought him expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No offence to anybody but I can't leave it go,
    If you thought that Thai gourmet was good Thai food you have no idea what Thai food is like, it was awful bland stuff, not even related to authentic Thai food, all of the new places that opened up blow it out of the water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No offence to anybody but I can't leave it go,
    If you thought that Thai gourmet was good Thai food you have no idea what Thai food is like, it was awful bland stuff, not even related to authentic Thai food, all of the new places that opened up blow it out of the water

Which places in particular? Camile Thai is average fare, Khing Thai was good when Owen was there, havent been since. Lana is worse than Camile Thai. I have heard that kaya is good but havent been, and heard mixed reviews of Aroi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mc Love wrote: »
    Which places in particular? Camile Thai is average fare, Khing Thai was good when Owen was there, havent been since. Lana is worse than Camile Thai. I have heard that kaya is good but havent been, and heard mixed reviews of Aroi.

They're all fine Camille is very good, Khing was outstanding, Kaya and Lana (exact same) are only ok, but Thai Gourmet was awful, full of sugar and still bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭pigtown

Has Clover on Bedford Row closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

pigtown wrote: »
    Has Clover on Bedford Row closed?

Yup closed up the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

source wrote: »
    Yup closed up the last few weeks.

Not a bad location, hopefully something decent moves in (not another Dealz-type place/mobile phone repair shop). Clover was terrible really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Not a bad location, hopefully something decent moves in (not another Dealz-type place/mobile phone repair shop). Clover was terrible really

The wife and I were there once and afterwards said it was only alright. Definitely remember the dining area being extremely open which we didn't like, I think the menu was a bit confusing too but I can't remember why and the food was average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Looks like Butcher Boy in Upper William Street has closed?? Went in there yesterday and shutters down and signage removed. Such a shame, I regularly got great value there and the butcher was extremely pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Osk wrote: »
    Looks like Butcher Boy in Upper William Street has closed?? Went in there yesterday and shutters down and signage removed. Such a shame, I regularly got great value there and the butcher was extremely pleasant.
    Shame tbh but it's a hard game with so much competition around that area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Fitto cafe closed up

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Passed la piatto at grove island today and closed up. Checked Facebook and showing permanently closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 iceadtea

Has Star House Chinese closed down? Haven't seen it open since May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

Anyone know what the story is with O'Mara's Used Cars on the Ennis Road? The forecourt has been cleared in the last couple of days and some signage taken down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Anyone know what the story is with O'Mara's Used Cars on the Ennis Road? The forecourt has been cleared in the last couple of days and some signage taken down

PJ's garage that is behind O'Mara Motors is going into car sales and taking it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Is Island Stores (Spratts) closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kfrp wrote: »
    Is Island Stores (Spratts) closed down?

Yup they've been closed down for a few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

I see Sage Cafe are closed as of today https://mobile.twitter.com/thesagecafe/status/912271130114871296/photo/1
    Always had good food but service was so hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Pity about Sage cafe, lovely place but too expensive for my taste. Best of luck to them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

sioda wrote: »
    I see Sage Cafe are closed as of today https://mobile.twitter.com/thesagecafe/status/912271130114871296/photo/1
    Always had good food but service was so hit and miss

That's a shame, I ate in there for the first time 2 weeks ago and it seemed quite busy. Thought the food and service was good also. Nice location, hopefully something decent moves in there (i.e. not Dealz! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'm surprised to hear this. Always seemed busy. Maybe the competition of late was too much for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭geotrig

or maybe wasnt a financial decision at all and decided it was time to finish up.

Advertisement