Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dubba wrote: »
    I presume a lot of flatish KOMs are from a group working well together + tailwind

Keep telling yourself that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Well I know of a least one :pac: For example a group of 5 targeted a segment:

http://app.strava.com/segments/747865

Well I know of a least one :pac: For example a group of 5 targeted a segment:

http://app.strava.com/segments/747865

Well if Paul Griffin is on your segments you're screwed regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

hwSx7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

I see no problem with using the conditions at the time to get a KOM, especially if cycling solo. I presume a lot of flatish KOMs are from a group working well together + tailwind. I'm keeping my flat KOMs which are all massively wind aided :pac:

+1 on this.
    I was quite proud of a 5km downhill segment until a hundred strong peloton came through during the lacey cup and took the top dozen places. :mad:

I've since gotten it back, but it required the use of a skin suit and a pointy hat along with a decent tailwind. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Driving test tomorrow. Hopefully third time lucky.

Have had no lessons, so it is a long shot as I cant reverse around a corner for love nor money. Three point turn and hill start are spot on however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

ROK ON wrote: »

Have had no lessons, so it is a long shot as I cant reverse around a corner for love nor money. Three point turn and hill start are spot on however.

Good luck! Third time's the charm. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

God luck, I messed up my reverse parking on mine but passed first time even still. Bloody nerve racking though.
    DIdn't help that i've been driving away on a Gerry for years ......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know what Chelsea are going through. Our match on Monday night was squeeky bum for the last twenty minutes as multiple shots were cleared off the line and the posts were hit a few times. Semi-final next :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I only passed my test because I got stuck behind a tractor, and (so it seems) the correct thing was to stay behind it, driving in third, 30 zone-style. It was the only speed I was comfortable with anyway, so it was a lucky break. I guess he was so impressed by my patience that he cut me some slack with the reversing. The 3-point and hill were fine though, as far as I can remember.

I'm good at reversing now: not from driving, but almost all down to cycling every few days with a trailer; no picking up the bike and pointing it in the direction you want to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I overtook a tractor on a busy bend in the middle of Tallaght and still passed.

I think the tester fancied me :D (yes, it was a woman)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Look what arrived today... and me stuck in work :mad:

202342.JPG

Should be a Roadlite 6 inside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I bet it's two refugees.

Edit - Did your other half take a photo of the box and e-mail it to you. If so, you can tell her from me that she's even sadder than you are ;)

I bet it's two refugees.

Edit - Did your other half take a photo of the box and e-mail it to you. If so, you can tell her from me that she's even sadder than you are ;)

Wives can be so cruel! ;)

Edit: I mean receiving a photo of it has just made my working day very very long.

Driving test passed. So long suckers. Motors forum here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Motors forum here I come.

Do not pass 'Go'. Do not collect €200.

And try not to run over any cyclists on your way there :)

Don't forget to pay your road tax!

How do you get 105 5700 chainset off? I took off the non drive side crank arm and shouldn't the drive side chainset not just pull through the BB? Couple of light knocks and it ain't budging. What am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hungrycol wrote: »
    How do you get 105 5700 chainset off? I took off the non drive side crank arm and shouldn't the drive side chainset not just pull through the BB? Couple of light knocks and it ain't budging. What am I missing?
    More elbow grease.

If you don't have a wooden or rubber mallet, stick a block of wood against the spindle and hit it with a hammer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

In light of ROK ONs domination over the driving test and impending defection to the motoring forum is it an appropriate time for the Onion's Bicycle Safety Tips?

seamus wrote: »
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    More elbow grease.

If you don't have a wooden or rubber mallet, stick a block of wood against the spindle and hit it with a hammer. :)
    All sorted, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

you think cycling is expensive? i had to pay 400 quid today for four round pieces of rubber! well done tho. You can be designated driver to perpignon!

lennymc wrote: »
    you think cycling is expensive? i had to pay 400 quid today for four round pieces of rubber! well done tho. You can be designated driver to perpignon!

Not sure that that is possible.

AFAIK, one needs a full driving license for two years before being allowed to drive a hire car on the continent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AFAIK, one needs a full driving license for two years before being allowed to drive a hire car on the continent.

I had a van rented off Europcar last July, they told me I couldn't have it as I hadn't my license over a year. We went up the road to another place and they gave me a van no problem. Well done on passing the test, it's pretty awesome being able to hop in the car and take the bike to where ever the hell takes your fancy.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You'll get a car all right, you might just be limited in choice or possibly pay a higher risk charge or something.
    Congratulations on passing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what four of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34962 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My good front light randomly flew out of its holding on my commute in this morning, bit scary! If you see shards of a cateye just over portobello bridge, that was me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement