Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

daragh_ wrote: »
    On Exchequer Street just now.

Saw another one on Fade Street at lunchtime, though not as high up. Done by the owners? :confused:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Done by the owners? :confused:
    ... well, I guess, if it keeps the saddle dry ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

If the electronic part for opening your of your isn't working and the only way to open your boot is by actually using the key DO NOT put your key into your jacket pocket - have a chat while having a coffee -and then throw your jacket into your boot and then close the boot.
    This applies especially if you own an Audi saloon as the boot is completley sealed from the rest of the car and you will have to call out a locksmith and pay them €90 to get your keys back. :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

"Iwouldadoneitforyafor20poundboss"

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

There was a few of us standing around some of which would have lets say some experience of getting into cars without a key. After a few short mins I was given a choice of
    A) Get a locksmith
    or
    B) bust the lock and hope it opens and if it doesnt I would need a new lock/boot plus the locksmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Gray hairs are starting to form, I completely blame modding this forum for that :pac: To get an idea of how it's going google Pat Morley, pity I can't play like him also :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gray hairs are starting to form, I completely blame modding this forum for that :pac:
    No such effect on my hair ;)

Gray hairs are starting to form,
    Dont worry grey hair is now cool and many women find it very attractive!

• Advertisement

... yeah it's when it turns white you have to watch out ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Beasty wrote: »

Since modding began I have gone from:

lego-man-1.jpg

to

lego-ninjago-minifigures-kai-head.jpg

Luckily my OH is shorter than me by a reasonable distance.

jttB5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

CramCycle wrote: »
    Beasty wrote: »

Since modding began I have gone from:

lego-man-1.jpg

to

lego-ninjago-minifigures-kai-head.jpg

Luckily my OH is shorter than me by a reasonable distance.

You became a pirate on fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

It mightn't be the most glamorous end-of-life use for a set of busted carbon forks but at least it's innovative.

095800ABA76B4CB4A00F6B0643FFD8C7-0000338221-0002824885-00500L-CF612200EE3A484D9BECA4B4F5C012F0.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Watching live and let die here. Despite having it on DVD there's just something about it on TV with all the advert interruptions. Why did I start drinking whiskey last night, I haven't been able to face anything today, plus my bike is bad need of servicing before tomorrow, which I haven't had the motivation to do. Just ordered my pre-sportive vindaloo there, will probably fall asleep watching the football at half eight, the perfect hangover evening :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AstraMonti wrote: »

Hipsters; coming to a cinema near you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Reckon the United lads will be going for a pint here tonight.......

sbp.jpg

Winning a million dollars like a boss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-accused-of-doping-in-2005-by-rival-teams-masseur

Loved this line.....
    "Eufemiano Fuentes was the doctor of this team as a matter of fact, and insulin was part of the treatment for all of the riders."

I wonder if this will lead to further sanctions or even an investigation???

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Colmhayden76

RobFowl wrote: »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-accused-of-doping-in-2005-by-rival-teams-masseur

Loved this line.....
    "Eufemiano Fuentes was the doctor of this team as a matter of fact, and insulin was part of the treatment for all of the riders."

I wonder if this will lead to further sanctions or even an investigation???

I think at this stage I am just sick of listening to it. Call me crazy but this is diverting off the fact that a product(Galimziamov) of the Katusha acadamy tested positive for epo.I thought the whole idea of developing riders in the feeder teams was to stop them being tempted by doping its that that should be delt with rather than dragging up somthing 6 years ago. What would it prove , that a team with a dodgy doctor was giving his riders Preperation and Recovery treatments. I can see it now " Judge I was told by the doctor that I had to take these injections of vitamins for the benefit of the team and that I get paid my wage for suporting our team leader".

I have read this year so far Nicolas Roche, David Millar , Robbie Mc Cewan and Laurent Fignon autobiographies and this sort "of during race treatments" are all talked about and we know that that time period was the worst for doping so just draw a line under it. Any one caught back then has served their time as is anyone else caught now a days but if WADA start to retroactivly ban where does it stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

but if WADA start to retroactivly ban where does it stop?
    If some big names are retroactively banned it may discourage present day riders as they will know they could have to return prize money and sponsorship (depending on how their contract is worded).

And its hard to know who genuinely won alot of races as its stands, all Contador's victories are now suspect. So why not ban anyone they have evidence on? The second placed rider may be supect too, but at least they are one place closer to finding the genuine victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Colmhayden76

My point was kinda fuddled it was that if WADA were going to wheel out this witness as a witness to prior activities of doping in a current case would that mean then that chapters of autobiographies would and could be used.
    I just think that yes every man and his dog knows by now that from 2003 to 2008 were dark years for the sport with 2nd generation EPO etc and the UCI and race organisers not doing enough.
    So those who were caught then were punished but not nearly enough but they should get over it so WADA should look forward not 7 years ago and concentrate on getting it right in the future as no one wants it to go back to what it was . And yes all of Contador's pre 2010 results are now questionable and that is a debate for another thread!:D

scaled.php?tn=0&server=878&filename=wfolnk.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Colmhayden76, it is not the job of WADA to look forward or back, it is to catch cheats and reduce the incidence of cheating.

If I was clean and fourth I'd feel massively vindicated if three dirty riders above me got deleted from the records. Asterisks are only a problem for fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lumen wrote: »
    Colmhayden76, it is not the job of WADA to look forward or back, it is to catch cheats and reduce the incidence of cheating.

If I was clean and fourth I'd feel massively vindicated if three dirty riders above me got deleted from the records. Asterisks are only a problem for fans.

the only probelm is if you've retired you could have portentially suffered a significant loss of earnings because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

the only probelm is if you've retired you could have portentially suffered a significant loss of earnings because of this

Sure, but that's the case regardless.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

60 year old Francesco Moser gets talked into jumping into a race in New York.
    The Sheriff sat easily in the top ten of the local Pro/1/2/3 event, often leading the pack up the hill with ease before sitting up to avoid the sprint. "The sprint can be dangerous," he explained, "if you don't have the fitness."

7_600.jpg

• Advertisement

Slammed stem at his age.. feck me..

10_600.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement