Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Thanks all.

I gave precise details and had a phone pic of the car, including the reg (after blowing his horn aggressively and passing within inches of my handlebars on a winding residential road in Sandymount, he helpfully stopped on a roundabout a couple of hundred metres further on to let his passenger out of the car, then reversed on the roundabout when he saw me taking the photo).

I'll give a follow-up call and see if there's been any progress.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

buffalo wrote: »
    In my case, the wrong reg corresponded to the same model of car, and one in the area too. Bad luck or bad eyesight on my part.
    Rofo wrote: »
    That is unlucky. The chances of that happening must be quite low

Chances are pretty high for a january registration. Basically, when you go to buy your new 12-G car and order it in December, the dealer will head in to register a batch of cars and will likely end up with a set of sequential registration numbers for their batch of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

After competing in the Tommy Sheehan Memorial race in Carrick last w/end, and it's a circuit with alot of climbing, I noticed alot of different climbing styles, especially on the 2nd lap, ie. legs & body are tired and you're using all kinds of methods to 'get up that hill' ! One cyclist had a Pantani style, in the drops, slightly out of the saddle and pushing/mashing a big gear, sadly he didn't have the speed of the 'master' !

So I used the search function (as you do) to check out other threads about climbing style, as surely it's been discussed before, and it brought up some interesting results :
    there's the 'low gearing challenge', but I don't think the challenge took place !
    crank length: 1 & 2;
    & 'to sit or stand up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Paging Sr Assumpta....Sr Assumpta to the Camper Van.

http://road.cc/content/news/52205-canyon-proud-their-new-ct-scanner-their-what

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lumen wrote: »

I spent about five minutes scratching my head, trying to work out the Father Ted reference.

Then I realised it wasn't there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

292160_10150742362278744_309351868743_9569214_1047488943_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I hope it's ok to ask this here.

Can anyone PM me and recommend a bookkeeper based in Dublin? I just want to sort out my tax returns for my self-employed work last year. (2011 was my first year self-employed so I'm not sure of the ropes yet. My finances aren't complicated though.)

I looked around the other forums, but I didn't see any institutions or names coming up, probably because it constitutes advertising? Anyway, I'm sure there are some self-employed people here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Lumen wrote: »

meh.

• Advertisement

Because I can......

7094370149_f618bc4248.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Colmhayden76

Collected my new Cento Uno this morning. To anyone I might have met in the phoenix park at about 10 am sorry about the big cheesy grin you might have seen on my face! :D

On another note why when you say i'm passing on the left do walkers on the cycle path in the park jump onto the verge on both sides and leave you to go up the middle? Is this some sort of ritual up there as here in culchie land where I live the cycle paths are used by motorists as a sort of " sure thats some where to squeeze the car into to turn left at the roundybout yoke up ahead"
    I had forgotton how hard cycling in Dublin can be!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Looks sore :eek:
    Because I can......

7094370149_f618bc4248.jpg

This was sorer / more sore; apparently...
    6948322754_44cf1796e9.jpg

On another note why when you say i'm passing on the left do walkers on the cycle path in the park jump onto the verge on both sides and leave you to go up the middle?

Just shout "bike!" as pleasantly as you can manage and let them decide where to go.

That brings to an end my small repertoire of horrible hand X-rays.

Oooohhh, those sort of things are fun to reduce btw :o

This was sorer / more sore; apparently...
    6948322754_44cf1796e9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

after 2 weeks or crapness and bike being stripped to replace lots of bits I can finally get back on the road for some much needed cycling, this is tomorrow in Palmerston North
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1100162

Can't wait to get to the 93km mark :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

altough I love living in NZ there's still the odd time that something makes so pissed off it's like being at home again

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/6777006/Police-to-take-hard-line-on-hard-hats
    Stupid laws and stupider enforcement, it's not even a law to wear them on the coastal path :mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

altough I love living in NZ there's still the odd time that something makes so pissed off it's like being at home again

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/6777006/Police-to-take-hard-line-on-hard-hats
    Stupid laws and stupider enforcement, it's not even a law to wear them on the coastal path :mad::rolleyes:

If I were attacked by a rampaging bear, I would probably develop a strong fear of bears and spend a lot of time warning neighbours not to leave their bins open because it might attract the bears and that if they encountered one, more than likely they would get mauled and probably killed too.

He had a nasty crash, it doesn't mean that everyone cruising down that path will suffer the same should they come off. We don't even know any details of his crash, perhaps he was mauled by a bear?

Australia and NZ have a long way to go, all this paranoia about cycling helmets is painful. I've had to explain to parents that we can't fit Nutcase helmets on toddlers because their neck muscles aren't strong enough to cope with the 300+ g weight of it. They don't care about the necks, they care about the heads and they buy the helmets regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Australia and NZ have a long way to go, all this paranoia about cycling helmets is painful. I've had to explain to parents that we can't fit Nutcase helmets on toddlers because their neck muscles aren't strong enough to cope with the 300+ g weight of it. They don't care about the necks, they care about the heads and they buy the helmets regardless.

Sell them some neck braces too.

Sell them some neck braces too.

Toddler exoskeleton. Don't you love your child?

For wattage nerds needing some perspective...

https://twitter.com/#!/GeraintThomas86/status/116811786166079488

"Just done my 5minute power efforts on the turbo with Jez. Had him by 3w, 580 pretty happy with that..."

He's about 71kg, so that's over 8W/kg for 5 minutes. Fffffff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I hope it's ok to ask this here.

Can anyone PM me and recommend a bookkeeper based in Dublin? I just want to sort out my tax returns for my self-employed work last year. (2011 was my first year self-employed so I'm not sure of the ropes yet. My finances aren't complicated though.)

I looked around the other forums, but I didn't see any institutions or names coming up, probably because it constitutes advertising? Anyway, I'm sure there are some self-employed people here!

Try the Taxation forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1208

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://mickopedia.org/mickify.py?topic=Cycling
    In many countries, the oul' most commonly used vehicle for road transport is a feckin' utility bicycle, bejaysus.

Hungrycol wrote: »

Thanks; sorted now, thanks to kind PM from a regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

Genius! It's different each time you re-load the page :D

"In many countries, the most commonly used vehicle for road transport is an oul' utility bicycle. These have frames with relaxed geometry, protectin' the oul' rider from shocks of the bleedin' road and easin' steerin' at low speeds. Would ye believe this ****e?I][URL="http://mickopedia.org/mickify.py?topic=Wikipedia:Citation_needed"][COLOR=#0066cc]citation needed[/COLOR][/URL][/I"

Rofo wrote: »
    Genius! It's different each time you re-load the page :D

"In many countries, the most commonly used vehicle for road transport is an oul' utility bicycle. These have frames with relaxed geometry, protectin' the oul' rider from shocks of the bleedin' road and easin' steerin' at low speeds. Would ye believe this ****e?I][URL="http://mickopedia.org/mickify.py?topic=Wikipedia:Citation_needed"][COLOR=#0066cc]citation needed[/COLOR][/URL][/I"
    Police officer on a feckin' bicycle in El Salvador. Be the holy feck, this is a quare wan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

On Exchequer Street just now.

[IMG][/img]6950227904_be1a6071a1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement