Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I want to publicly thank bcmf who's putting up with my mechanical incompetence for over 10 days now. You sir are a hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Want to build a new set of wheels, mavic A719 on Shimano Xt hubs with dt swiss alpine III spokes, anyways have a truing stand with radial and lateral adjustments, a dishing tool and spoke keys in work..

Was going to buy a Park tension meter for bout 80 quid but found out There's a perk to working in Halfords, I went onto our suppliers and ordered one for the shop, manager didn't have a problem with it so we'll have full kit now for wheel building:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I want to publicly thank bcmf who's putting up with my mechanical incompetence for over 10 days now. You sir are a hero!

Keep your thanks until its sorted ;) and dont touch anything else unless you have implicit instructions to do so!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

LoL
    I think this beats the guy stunting the Raleigh road bike.......

Stunting a ladies Shopping bike

Edit: crank up the volume

• Advertisement

Morning comment of my OH as I am about to leave the house for a spin. "Where is the evil you are going to fight today Power Ranger?" Had me in stitches lol

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

good interview with mtb'r Richie Felle In the IT today - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2012/0218/1224311875940.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Morning comment of my OH as I am about to leave the house for a spin. "Where is the evil you are going to fight today Power Ranger?" Had me in stitches lol

LoL_a59b29_52368.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ugh, football fans. I never quite understand, even when your team is really, really poor, how booing the entire team and management is supposed to help?

Poor old AVB, really think he is the right man for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Thinking of heading along to the Orwell spin tomorrow, is anyone else doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ugh, football fans. I never quite understand, even when your team is really, really poor, how booing the entire team and management is supposed to help?

Poor old AVB, really think he is the right man for the job.
    They think they're helping, but they've just forgotten their straws.

blow-football-1.jpg

:cool:
    RobFowl wrote: »
    LoL_a59b29_52368.gif

Pic not working :p

Redirects to http://www.funnyjunk.com/
    fix it! :P

Redirects to http://www.funnyjunk.com/
    fix it! :P

All working for me....

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_gifs/1158756/Red/

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

This has turned pretty ugly pretty quickly:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056553163
    A lot of cyclists behave like retards so the best thing is to have a default position of treating all of them as retards unless an individuals actions proves otherwise.
    "Spare the rod, spoil the retard" - dash cam to prove law breaking and then make a citizens arrest. Advise the cyclist that he has broken the law and you have evidence. On that basis you are making a citizens arrest and then call the gardai.
    I have done this just once but I was very happy that the cops took the matter seriously once they knew I had video evidence.
    Its quite legal to make a citizens arrest and reasonable restraint is permitted - I have used cable ties but duct tape would be useful too

It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This has turned pretty ugly pretty quickly:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056553163
    A lot of cyclists behave like retards so the best thing is to have a default position of treating all of them as retards unless an individuals actions proves otherwise.
    "Spare the rod, spoil the retard" - dash cam to prove law breaking and then make a citizens arrest. Advise the cyclist that he has broken the law and you have evidence. On that basis you are making a citizens arrest and then call the gardai.
    I have done this just once but I was very happy that the cops took the matter seriously once they knew I had video evidence.
    Its quite legal to make a citizens arrest and reasonable restraint is permitted - I have used cable ties but duct tape would be useful too

It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

You'd think he'd have gotten over it by now, it must be three years he's been having a go at cyclists on this site. Well that's all I'm going to say about him.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

You'd think he'd have gotten over it by now, it must be three years he's been having a go at cyclists on this site. Well that's all I'm going to say about him.

I'm afraid I never really take note of who it is that starts these threads- something I should really do I suppose. However I am a little concerned at the number of these threads lately and some of the opinions generated in them. It does seem as if there is a rising level of hostility towards cyclists. I know it's always been there but is it getting worse?

The thread about the bus driver in the Commuting & Transport forum is stunning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Something about the way those kind of people use the word cyclist...Do they not realise we're just ordinary people who use bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm afraid I never really take note of who it is that starts these threads- something I should really do I suppose. However I am a little concerned at the number of these threads lately and some of the opinions generated in them

Angry little men are over-represented on the internet.

There's probably a type. Sexually repressed/mildly homophobic, unable to deal with simple real world tasks like filling the car with petrol, easily intimidated by other men in the real world.

That sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

However I am a little concerned at the number of these threads lately and some of the opinions generated in them.

Certain elements of the media are no better. Someone posted a link to the Times yesterday to the MTV'er interview but in the same edition in their what's going up/down list they had cyclists in the down category, more specifically Dublin Bike users using the same crap argument about breaking lights and all that nonsense. And it's not the first time such things were published in that paper.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Instead of rounding up a posse here to add further fuel to the fire, it might be more prudent to report the posts and leave it to the Motors mods when they come back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

in all walks of life your going get biased thread, plenty on here have vioced distain for certain types.

Anyway no bike so no ride for me this morning, more sports so be it. Bit of tom bonnen diet last night really need start getting miles in

manafana wrote: »
    Bit of tom bonnen diet last night really need start getting miles in

cocaine-drink.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Lumen wrote: »
    Angry little men are over-represented on the internet.
    There's probably a type. Sexually repressed/mildly homophobic, unable to deal with simple real world tasks like filling the car with petrol, easily intimidated by other men in the real world.
    That sort of thing.

Turns out 'Fencer' and 'TimAllen' are one and the same.
    Explains everything.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

Fingerless gloves are not for cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Wheely GR8 wrote: »
    Fingerless gloves are not for cold weather.

They are. Just wear a hat.

RT66 wrote: »
    They are. Just wear a hat.

Never thought of that ,maybe a trench coat aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Wheely GR8 wrote: »
    Never thought of that ,maybe a trench coat aswell.

Seriously. I only wear fingerless gloves. If your head is warm, your extremities don't get cold.

• Advertisement

RT66 wrote: »
    Seriously. I only wear fingerless gloves. If your head is warm, your extremities don't get cold.

My hands were in pain today ,will probably wear under armour liners underneath them in future.
    I could barely say hello to lads passing me buy today :(
    Edit : I was wearing a head/neck warmer aswell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement