Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And the current caller must be a regular on the motors forum, dese cyclists tink they're the only ones of the road, ignore red lights, rotr don't apply to them, rabble rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

jesus here we go, "they don't pay road tax joe"

CPL 593H

They're all out today, a private coach driver on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Step away from the LiveLine. No good will come of it.

It's a bloody addiction, you get great short term entertainment like now but ultimately yo know it's no good for your health. It's either that or listening to the DBAs conference calls, not sure which is worse.

edit. asking if he had a high vis jacket on, this guy who is a "professional driver" is implying that if you had one you'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Liveline is fun until they start discussing something you know something about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Radio moment of the week

Joe Duffy is something of a master when it comes to wringing maximum emotional impact from his callers’ experiences. But Monday’s Liveline (RTÉ Radio 1, weekdays) featured a rare instance of Duffy overplaying his hand. Speaking to Kieran, an unemployed security guard whose offer to work for free had been turned down, the presenter sought to play up the human drama, asking Kieran if he had any family. A wife and two children came the answer, prompting Duffy to sigh for nearly 10 seconds in sympathy and, unfortunately, inaudibility. Kieran’s nonplussed response somewhat ruined the poignancy of the moment. “Hello?”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2012/0218/1224311952193.html

I LOLd.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Liveline is fun until they start discussing something you know something about.

Like Clondalkin. Some aul one ringing up saying people were "afraid to leave their homes, Joe". WTF?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Like Clondalkin. Some aul one ringing up saying people were "afraid to leave their homes, Joe". WTF?

You should read some of the regional forums here, you'd swear some parts of the country are like south central. I'm afraid to leave my home incase some culchie* with attitude decides to pop a cap in my ass.

*I am a culchie therefore I am allowed to use this term, you lot up in the big smoke cannot.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They're all out today, a private coach driver on now.

Did anyone else think that "cyclist" and truck driver, Donal Harrington of Mayo, who claims to do 20,000km a year on his bicycle was pretty clueless about cycling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I have an allergic reaction to Liveline, which mainly manifests itself in me turning the radio off as soon as I hear Duffy's voice.

On a side note, great drying weather out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Feck IT and the constant studying so you can keep up with things. I ll move back to Greece and start doing cycling holidays :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Feck IT and the constant studying so you can keep up with things. I ll move back to Greece and start doing cycling holidays :cool:

Wait until after the devaluation - makes no financial sense to go back beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

AstraMonti wrote: »

It's the barrier to entry for your industry. Be glad of it. Otherwise aný old clown could do your job. Well that's what I tell myself about my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

sneeds.jpg

Never noticed this one on The Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Uh oh.

Some undesirable interaction between my bike and the cabinet we keep all of the glasses in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

^^^ We want pictures. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

^^^ We want pictures. :)

Already cleaned up. That way she might just kill me but spare the bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

^^^^

Best post title ever

(posted without being able to see what's embedded - now suspect that the post title is intentional)

• Advertisement

Uh oh.

Some undesirable interaction between my bike and the cabinet we keep all of the glasses in.....

You can't beat cycling (or indeed running) around the kitchen. My wife gets annoyed when I refer to the island unit as 'the infield'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

You can't beat cycling (or indeed running) around the kitchen. My wife gets annoyed when I refer to the island unit as 'the infield'.

ooooh, an Island Unit, excuuuuse me Lord manwithaplan ;).

You may refer to me as Sir Negative of Equity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

You may refer to me as Sir Negative of Equity

Or as the jerk :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just cleared out rothar of all their suntour mechs :D

Including a V-GT Luxe. One of them sold on ebay for +50 euros yesterday and I got it for a fiver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have a £10 CRC voucher if anyone wants it, came with my order. £75 minimum spend, valid for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Again I have to thank bcmf for sorting out the problem I had with the bike. Sir, you are awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Did you know the 'c' in bcmf stands for Campagnolo?

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

furiousox wrote: »
    Did you know the 'c' in bcmf stands for Campagnolo?

And the B for Beer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Beer and Campag mofos :eek:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement