Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Not worth its own thread....

Heading to France at the weekend and we'll have 3 bikes hanging off the back of the car (saloon). Do I need one of those trailer board thingies with the reg + lights on it, or would I be OK with just an extra reg, cable tied to the last bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Khannie wrote: »

Heading to France at the weekend and we'll have 3 bikes hanging off the back of the car (saloon). Do I need one of those trailer board thingies with the reg + lights on it, or would I be OK with just an extra reg, cable tied to the last bike?

We got fined in Italy for not having a reflective yokey stuck to the bikes on the rear carrier and also for having the reg covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    We got fined in Italy for not having a reflective yokey stuck to the bikes on the rear carrier and also for having the reg covered.

You must not have had the obligatory moustache and must not have been able to speak bopiddy boupie also!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    You must not have had the obligatory moustache
    That rule only applies to the women, silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Raam wrote: »

We got done for hidden number plate and for obscured lights. The Gendarmes are much stricter than the Gardai.

At minimum a number plate on the back but be certain that your lights/indicators are well visible. If you already have a tow hitch and socket, get the trailer board. If not, see can you mount the rack high enough that the lights are not obstructed. Might be worth taking off a wheel or two and hanging them in the middle of the rack to make the lights more visible.

I don't travel abroad without the full trailer bar these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sound. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

He was also gonna do us for having the indicators obscured. I guess he felt that he had annoyed us enough though. Pesky Carabinieri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Definitely need the board thingy - also don't forget your breathalyser kit - you can get them in the AA Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Got off the train after coming home, walked out and towards the bike only to see a fellow cyclist with his hands held to his head in despair. Thieves had nicked both his wheels and left the frame locked to the stand.

If you leave your bike at any train station folks, remember to secure the wheels to the stand also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

378208_474096819275678_1743650834_n.jpg

Not that I have anything against religion... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Not that I have anything against religion... :rolleyes:

What about taxing religious charities? Or non-religious ones?

Or Greeks? That'd be a first. :D;)

Well at least charities do something (ok.. some of them).

And no we have enough taxes thanks, we just don't pay them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Would anyone be interested in a cycling forum Fantasy Premier League?

I've just made a league on www.premierleague.com, it's free to play and enter a team.

The league code for anyone interested is 3829-44834

Just bumping this post by Darkglasses.
    There are only a few of us in the league so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Junior

Sorry for the morning spam but this is very funny and sad at the same time.

UUSCH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭happytramp

It's finally happened. I knew it would. Hipster's handlebars have become so small that they've disappeared. Stem gripping > Tiny crappy handle bars apparently.

313040_10151024269677839_1781739155_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Jawgap wrote: »
    also don't forget your breathalyser kit - you can get them in the AA Shop

is it not a bit strange for Alcoholics Annonymous to be selling breathlyser kits?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Would anyone be interested in a cycling forum Fantasy Premier League?

I've just made a league on www.premierleague.com, it's free to play and enter a team.

The league code for anyone interested is 3829-44834

Cheers - in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

530870_422906377750937_1404087645_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

It seems there is a rather large storm coming our way, great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Junior

I know it's not friday but here's an invisible bike helmet http://vimeo.com/43038579

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Holyboy wrote: »
    It seems there is a rather large storm coming our way, great!!
    met.ie wrote:
    A combination of high winds, heavy rainfall, abnormally low pressure and high tides will cause dangerous conditions in south Munster and east Leinster during Wednesday 15th August.
    Gale to strong gale force easterly winds, later veering southeasterly to southerly, will occur. Frequent spells of rain will result in accumulations of 30 to 50 mm generally, with higher totals possible in mountainous areas. The will be a high risk of coastal and river flooding.
    Southeast to east gales or strong gales will develop early Wednesday morning on all coasts of Ireland and on the Irish Sea; winds later veering southeast to south will reach storm force on southern and western coasts.

Sounds like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

colm_gti wrote: »
    I'll get either a credit note or refund, but how long it'll take to process I don't know.

Got refunded this morning and picked up an edge 500.

Garmin's are without a doubt worth the extra money, far better software, much easier to set up, neater design, wouldn't touch a bryton device with a barge pole ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

buffalo wrote: »
    Sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Garmin's are without a doubt worth the extra money, far better software, much easier to set up, neater design, wouldn't touch a bryton device with a barge pole ever again.

This is where everyone does the 'told ye so' dance :D

the 500 is a great piece of kit (imho)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

should have got the 800

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Junior wrote: »
    I know it's not friday but here's an invisible bike helmet http://vimeo.com/43038579

Previously (me thinking it was new) and previous-er (Oct 2010)!

I suppose they do say (in the video) it took them 7 years to develop it in the first place...!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

They haven't a clue. I'd love a Phonak Jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

DIY wooden handlebars (by a professional woodworker mind you, not something you could easily knock together yourself with some 2-be-4, Prittstick, and some scraps of sandpaper). Nice work, pity about the rest of the bike though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement