Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Clionam22

Shhhh..........
    Maynooth already has the Christmas sweets out- and on special (@ 7 Euro for all the boxes)........

Their all 6euro a box in Dunnes atm

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Sennheiser mm50 gone back to €54 in Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Browsing for bargains today at Tesco, I'm conscious that the best ones are probably hidden as in not marked. When I see that a shelf tag has been removed, I tend to think that's an item that has been clearanced. But it might be just that the item is being reshelved elsewhere.

If there is an asterisk on the corner of the SEL, does that mean that the item is discontinued? If so, will it also indicate that it's marked down or may be marked down if not sold by a particular date?

I'm sometimes surprised to see items in clearance for months where there might have been an initial markdown but then no further reductions and the stuff just sits there unsold. Or sometimes there are discontinued items which are not marked down at all, do they expect someone to just snap them up presuming that they must be a good price since they are in clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

4 * 1.5L Coca cola €3
    same for diet coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

32" Blaupunkt hd ready tv's in Tesco Balbriggan tonight for €199. Demo TV looked ok. These were white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

15m cable reel €5.15. It's this one, labelled at €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Anyone any ideas about when/if the stationary will be reduced? Really like the Oxford refill pads but not willing to shell out €4 for one. Usually get them round this time of year for a euro each ☺

Fungums wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas about when/if the stationary will be reduced? Really like the Oxford refill pads but not willing to shell out €4 for one. Usually get them round this time of year for a euro each ☺
    I've been wondering the same. I think that last year, it was well into September. Don't imagine they would reduce yet, as they would still be selling for back-to-school and to college students too.

EDITED TO ADD - Ah, I thought it was end of September but then did a look back - in August 2013 posters were getting excited by markdowns on pencil sets, then someone reported getting a haul of Oxford pads for 30c and it was only 7 September 2013:
    Got a load of the Oxford pads for 30 cent in Carlow. Still some left. They are facing where they have the Xmas chocs on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Fungums wrote: »

I bought the large Oxford refill pads for €3 last week, but due to a price Error only paid 20c each, but defo worth €3. That was a reduced price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Quaderno wrote: »

Good man, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

There a bargain bin in Tesco Balbriggan with some toys in it (just to the right of Customer Service when you walk in). This V-Tech walker was there in pink for €12.66. http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/pre-school-electronic-learning/c-465/vtech-infant/p-1814/vtech-first-steps-baby-walker/

There was also nail, perfume and soap making kits for €5. There was other stuff - boys toys that I didn't pay much attention to (sorry - I have daughters).

There were also a fair few electric toothbrushes, epilators and random stuff reduced in the health and beauty section - the end of an aisle opposite the nappies.

I bought DH a Superman onesie for €7.50 as a Halloween costume. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anyone know if tesco will have the offer on the LG TV that have on offer at the minute in the UK?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Craigels wrote: »
    Anyone know if tesco will have the offer on the LG TV that have on offer at the minute in the UK?

They seem to have very few in stock over here (what they are swimming in here is 22" Sonys). If there is a sale on TVs- I'd imagine its on the Sonys and not the LGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

yimrsg wrote: »

Was that instore? The online site is saying €1 off, was €4.85, now €3.85.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255869658

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

ncur wrote: »
    Was that instore? The online site is saying €1 off, was €4.85, now €3.85.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255869658

Think I threw out the receipt but they were marked €1 in Clarehall on saturday.

Quaderno wrote: »
    Found some of these today, they looked the same as the one you linked to but scanned at €29. I think this is the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

What store? Wife loves this. Was in Rush Tesco store yesterday, and this was full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Rashers72 wrote: »
    What store? Wife loves this. Was in Rush Tesco store yesterday, and this was full price.

They mentioned in another post that it was Clarehall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

leck wrote: »
    Found some of these today, they looked the same as the one you linked to but scanned at €29. I think this is the one.

Different one, the one for 29euro is Masterplug brand the one for 5.15 is Tesco.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Different one, the one for 29euro is Masterplug brand the one for 5.15 is Tesco.
    Thanks. They had two similar ones - one with the stand and one without. They both scanned at full price. I forgot to look at the brand.

Found this today for 1.87 - Byron Portable Wirefree Door Chime B304
    Also for 1.96 - York Speed Rope (skipping rope)

Think I threw out the receipt but they were marked €1 in Clarehall on Saturday.
    Were these in the cereal aisle or in a clearance area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

leck wrote: »
    Thanks. They had two similar ones - one with the stand and one without. They both scanned at full price. I forgot to look at the brand.

Found this today for 1.87 - Byron Portable Wirefree Door Chime B304
    Also for 1.96 - York Speed Rope (skipping rope)
    Both have a stand, identical except for brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

delivery orders for 'first orders' (we all know it's easy to create a new account with a different email address):

Save €20 off your first grocery shop of €80 or more only on tesco.ie – the smarter way to shop.

Please use the following eCoupon code RXXHA44 when you are ordering online. Start shopping now <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got JVC Marshmellow headphones in Balinasloe for ~€5 (down from €20 apparently)

They seem really comfortable but I dont think they sound as good as my in ear Sennheiser CX475 that I got in Argos last year for €25, but always handy to have spare pair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

321413.jpg

If you are looking for the 15 m extension reel
    The one on the right branded tesco is the one on sale at €5.15

The other one is €29

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Both have a stand, identical except for brand.
    Hah, found two today. One was missing barcode sticker, luckily the other one had it. Paid 5.15 each, the similar one was scanning at 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Loads of Tesco 2 way 15m cable reels in Tesco Paul Street currently, at least 5 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

Nanazolie wrote: »
    delivery orders for 'first orders' (we all know it's easy to create a new account with a different email address):

Save €20 off your first grocery shop of €80 or more only on tesco.ie – the smarter way to shop.

Please use the following eCoupon code RXXHA44 when you are ordering online. Start shopping now <snip>

tried that before but didnt work, they go by house address

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

monicaali wrote: »
    tried that before but didnt work, they go by house address

easy enough to become 56A when you were 56...

The more obvious link is if you use your clubcard both times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement