Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

spacetrap wrote: »
    Lads and girls all I can say is fair play to ye all for getting those bargains in your local Tesco. Here in Ennis there never is anything worth getting due to the fact of one of their staff with the beard whose job it is to reduce prices putting them away for himself and then they appear on his girlfriends page on a buy and sell type site for sale. This is not sour grapes by any means but surely everyone deserves a fair crack of the whip. He has been reported already and warned but still does it.:mad:

If I worked in tesco I'd do the same.....also the Seagate 2tb backup plus is down to €17 if you can find em

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Western Digital My passport ultra 500gb usb 3.0 €12 in roxboro today

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Hama Star 75 tripods going for €2.33 in Tesco Portlaoise. Down the cd aisle if I remember remember right.

Prob not suitable for SLRs, but as a handy lightweight option for smaller cameras/phones/audio recorders they might be grand...

Reviews here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/reviews/B000EOMQM2

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Seagate expansion 500gb for 10.10e there was three left in tesco lisduggan waterford this morning- 2nd Isle after customer service on the end shelf

My book live for 24.87e

Should be this price in all stores if your lucky enough to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

Quaderno wrote: »
    After reading this thread over at HUKD I decided to have a look at my local Tesco and got lucky with the last/only one.
    It's even cheaper over here than the £11 from the original thread :D

320764.jpg

Cheers for that - picked one up in Paul St Cork - left another one there if any boardsie is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

On another note, I bought 3 x spiral notebooks for himself for college, reduced to 3, got charged 5.80 each.

Went to customer service, kept me waiting ages, gave me the difference, I asked about double the diff. Was told that was only when the price shown. Is not what I pay ??? Explained it was, she shunned me away.

Had to queue back up, explained the double the difference on the poster she said AGAIN it was advertised price against what I paid, I explained like she was a 3 year old that it was advertised at 3 they charged me 5.80, random as they were reduced from 6! She huffed and called duty manager who told her I should have gotten 17.80

So paid 60c for 3 notebooks in the end,

Serious neck on her though trying to make me not understand, plus I used my aldi voucher, yeayyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Just back from Tullamore... No Hard Drives ... :-(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just back from Douglas.
    Someone got there just before me :(
    Last WD 2tb and Seagate 500 gone.

Kicking myself as I was in there earlier and couldn't be arsed checking them..: (

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Just back from 3 Tescos in cork. In wilton I couldn't find anything. Got the torch for 1.43 in Douglas and went to Mahon and got the hard drive for 10.10 500gb Seagate expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TomasMcx

I'm heading up to Tallaght on Friday, anyone know if the drives are still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

TomasMcx wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Tallaght on Friday, anyone know if the drives are still available?

Nothing in Tallaght, dont waste your time. No drive or headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TomasMcx

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Nothing in Tallaght, dont waste your time. No drive or headphones.

Thanks for the heads up, got to say that is very disappointing.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

These bargains are always a bit like treasure hunt, you never know where you can get lucky :)

Try some of the other stores in Dublin south.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

coldfire1x wrote: »
    These bargains are always a bit like treasure hunt, you never know where you can get lucky :)

Try some of the other stores in Dublin south.

Anyone tried jervis for hard drives?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No Hard Drives in Stillorgan today :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

hotshots85 wrote: »
    Anyone tried jervis for hard drives?

:( None on sale only a €89.99 Toshiba one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Maynooth had about 4/5 pairs of these!

2mydv7b.jpg

Absolutely no luck on HDDs though, cheapest was a Toshiba for 89 quid.

wmcmjo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

Tesco Douglas, Mike the night little figurines were 6.99 now 1.74, loads there

Peppa pig muddy puddles playground playsets 3.49. think these are usually about 20+ Only a couple left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Hama Star 75 tripods going for €2.33 in Tesco Portlaoise. Down the cd aisle if I remember remember right.

Prob not suitable for SLRs, but as a handy lightweight option for smaller cameras/phones/audio recorders they might be grand...

Reviews here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/reviews/B000EOMQM2

Picked up 2 of these today. One for me and one for my bro. Still 3 left. No drives at all unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

sarah88 wrote: »
    Seagate expansion 500gb for 10.10e there was three left in tesco lisduggan waterford this morning- 2nd Isle after customer service on the end shelf

Thanks, managed to pick one up this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Just got email from Tesco and at the bottom it says I haven't done my shopping Online in a while and there are 3 coupons for 12 euro off 60 euro shop (20%) to be used by 21st Sep, 5 Oct, 31 Oct.

Not going to share them in case they are account specific, just heads up if you are getting emails from Tesco and not checking them, scroll to the bottom and you might have some vouchers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Saw some girls going out with grey knitted throws in waterford.. they must be going cheap.
    I did find a fireman Sam figurine set reduced to 3.67.
    A lot of the shelves were being emptied so I'd say whatever is reduced is gone into storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

deise08 wrote: »
    Saw some girls going out with grey knitted throws in waterford.. they must be going cheap.
    I did find a fireman Sam figurine set reduced to 3.67.
    A lot of the shelves were being emptied so I'd say whatever is reduced is gone into storage.

Probably to make room for the Selection boxes ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Probably to make room for the Selection boxes ;)

Shhhh..........
    Maynooth already has the Christmas sweets out- and on special (@ 7 Euro for all the boxes)........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Shhhh..........
    Maynooth already has the Christmas sweets out- and on special (@ 7 Euro for all the boxes)........

Do they have 40g less in them again this year .. someone did a run down last year of the weights for the last 4-5 years, I was blaming the kids for eating all the roses but apparently they didn't put them in in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭RayCon

Shhhh..........

Celbridge has selection boxes !!!! ... selection boxes ... in SEPT !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

RayCon wrote: »
    Celbridge has selection boxes !!!! ... selection boxes ... in SEPT !!!!!
    And I saw chocolate santa clauses in Tesco yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emo72

leck wrote: »
    And I saw chocolate santa clauses in Tesco yesterday!

yesterday? its worse than that. i went in to tesco on sunday 31st of AUGUST, to buy meat for a BARBECUE:) AND THEY HAD FOOKING CHOCCY SANTAS:confused:

its still summertime and they are putting this ****e out. why guys why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

emo72 wrote: »
    yesterday? its worse than that. i went in to tesco on sunday 31st of AUGUST, to buy meat for a BARBECUE:) AND THEY HAD FOOKING CHOCCY SANTAS:confused:

its still summertime and they are putting this ****e out. why guys why?

August is autumn and I remember not too long ago when that stuff was out the August back holiday weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Shhhh..........

Christmas sweets? that will be 3 more mouths......They are so hurry on that ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement