Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

laros wrote: »
    Fellowes DS 500 Cross Cut shredder in Tesco Tullamore for €15.36

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fellowes-DS-500C-Personal-Shredder-Safety/dp/B004RF9NMA

I took a trip up to tullamore today and was hoping not to be disappointed. When i got up the and after a bit of scouting around i came across i think this model.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fellowes-Powershred-Cross-Cut-Shredder-Safety/dp/B000R8XI6I/ref=sr_1_2?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1410443478&sr=1-2&keywords=Fellows+shredder

It was 36 reduced down to 12. Not bad but the other one was much more of a bargain.

I did not give up and got on to a few manager type lads asking them where are the 15 euro ones i seen yesterday?;)

Eventually a sound lad said oh i think there out back :confused: good man went and got one for me:D

Nice shredder and thank you very much for posting. I was about to buy the lidl one for 30 a few weeks ago and so glad i waited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

jodaw wrote: »
    I took a trip up to tullamore today and was hoping not to be disappointed. When i got up the and after a bit of scouting around i came across i think this model.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fellowes-Powershred-Cross-Cut-Shredder-Safety/dp/B000R8XI6I/ref=sr_1_2?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1410443478&sr=1-2&keywords=Fellows+shredder

It was 36 reduced down to 12. Not bad but the other one was much more of a bargain.

I did not give up and got on to a few manager type lads asking them where are the 15 euro ones i seen yesterday?;)

Eventually a sound lad said oh i think there out back :confused: good man went and got one for me:D

Nice shredder and thank you very much for posting. I was about to buy the lidl one for 30 a few weeks ago and so glad i waited

I don't really know how the Tesco stocking process works but it might be store specific. The lady in Carlow was insistent they have never had anything like that on offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Anyone manage to get any of the kids bed sheets cheap online?

I ordered some sets for click and collect for today in Naas. When I got there, my order had been cancelled due to no stock in store. I had no missed calls or voicemails despite them saying they tried to ring. When I asked what happened, they said all my items were out of stock. So I took a stroll over to the aisle and found 2 of the items within like 10 seconds and brought them to customer service to see what the hell was going on. I was in a massive rush so didn't have time to spend waiting around.

Got an email at 3pm to say in regards to the order, it was a discontinued line bla bla blah. No mention of why I was blatantly lied to regarding stocking issues and no response to my follow up email. I've since sent on a detailed email to customer.service@tesco.ie but nothing yet. Just wondering if anyone managed to get them at the prices online which are still showing up for as well.

Apparently there was a lady in a few hours before me for C&C the same thing and she was just told she had to pay the higher price of €20 which she didn't want to. She wasn't told they were out of stock tho. Has anyone got an email for head office that would be better than the email I sent to earlier? I see they have info@tesco.ie might just forward to that as well and then ring them on 01-2808441 tomorrow.

Apparently info@tesco.ie isn't valid. If someone has a head office email, I'd appreciate a pm or leave it in thread please, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Yawns wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get any of the kids bed sheets cheap online?

I ordered some sets for click and collect for today in Naas. When I got there, my order had been cancelled due to no stock in store. I had no missed calls or voicemails despite them saying they tried to ring. When I asked what happened, they said all my items were out of stock. So I took a stroll over to the aisle and found 2 of the items within like 10 seconds and brought them to customer service to see what the hell was going on. I was in a massive rush so didn't have time to spend waiting around.

Got an email at 3pm to say in regards to the order, it was a discontinued line bla bla blah. No mention of why I was blatantly lied to regarding stocking issues and no response to my follow up email. I've since sent on a detailed email to customer.service@tesco.ie but nothing yet. Just wondering if anyone managed to get them at the prices online which are still showing up for as well.

Apparently there was a lady in a few hours before me for C&C the same thing and she was just told she had to pay the higher price of €20 which she didn't want to. She wasn't told they were out of stock tho. Has anyone got an email for head office that would be better than the email I sent to earlier? I see they have info@tesco.ie might just forward to that as well and then ring them on 01-2808441 tomorrow.
    They have a big problem with their website. I also have ordered something yesterday evening for collection this morning. When I got there I was told that the stuff I ordered was out of stock. I didn't get any phone calls either. If Tesco wants to keep/bring customers to their store by providing more services, they have to do better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

I saw a few of the Sony MDR-AS400EX sports earphones for 9 euro something and MDR-AS400ip (iphone compatible) for 11 euros something in Maynooth Tesco.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Normally there are tents and sleeping bags reduced this time of year, but I cannot see them in stock at all. Anyone else witness them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

most of the tents were reduced in March, all branded ones. only Tesco tents were stocked in any of the store s close to me.

there are 2 tents still in the sports section but they are stocked all year round.

there was one crappy 2 man with colored squares reduced a few weeks ago bit no sign of any 6 man tents being reduced.

last year I got a 6 man galet tent for 17 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gelert?

Not your ornery onager

OMG!

I got an email from the CS email I sent yesterday to say they rang Portloaise to check and the items were out of stock. But I was in Naas...

I also was in there on the Wednesday and saw they had those items I ordered. I didn't have my card and knew i would be driving by on Thursday which is why I used their c&c service, so they had them in stock Wednesday, but ran out by Thursday morning picking time. But they managed to restock the shelves by Thursday lunch time. For children's bed linen. Totally believable story, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

snubbleste wrote: »
    Normally there are tents and sleeping bags reduced this time of year, but I cannot see them in stock at all. Anyone else witness them?

Halfords had tents reduced last week, no idea what size etc. just spotted them on my way past.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Galway has the Darth Vader Masks reduced, if anyone is looking for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Did anyone else see those shredders or were they just a Tullamore deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Yawns wrote: »
    OMG!

I got an email from the CS email I sent yesterday to say they rang Portloaise to check and the items were out of stock. But I was in Naas...

I also was in there on the Wednesday and saw they had those items I ordered. I didn't have my card and knew i would be driving by on Thursday which is why I used their c&c service, so they had them in stock Wednesday, but ran out by Thursday morning picking time. But they managed to restock the shelves by Thursday lunch time. For children's bed linen. Totally believable story, I must say.

Yawn . The only thing that has happened here is a picker could not find the item.
    Pickers usually dont pick non food items as not many people buy hardware , homeware and toys online.
    They would not be familiar with the isle its on.
    If an item is not were it is supposed to be(a mapped place that the computer told them to go to find it), they will off sale it. Telling the system that there is none in stock. Then the process of getting more into the store begins by the store stock system.

This is just a mistake by a packer who packed them in the wrong place. Which I am sure by now, they have been asked to fix..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I saw some of the bed sets in Ballybeg but they were priced at 20.00 on the shelf , are they scanning cheaper (never thought to try) they are advertised on the website for around 5.00 euro ..

They are not scanning cheaper in store, but are still priced cheaper on the site.

Woodpecker - I don't think it was the simple a mistake as there was a lady in earlier to pick up linen for the c&c and they had some of her order ready for her, but at the higher price, which she didn't want to pay. Fair enough, if it had happened to me I would have let it go, invitation to treat etc etc.

Anyway as an update, one of the store managers rang me today to tell me she has 2 of the items from my order and I can go in later and pick them up for the price of online as way of an apology. It's the 2 items that I saw on the shelves yesterday myself. I wonder if I had the time to check more, would I have found more. Regardless, it's an outcome that I didn't think I would get nor did I expect them to honour it so I am pleased it's happening.

As a result of the emails I've gotten 3 different answers and they were ranging from running out of stock between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, to being restocked lunch time Thursday. Another answer was it was a discontinued line and when they ran out, the won't be coming back in. So quite contradictory. I've also been told that they are having the items removed from online and it should happen within 3 - 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Back to a few possible bargains..

Tesco seem to be clearing selected bicycle accessories
    Spotted the following in Arklow:
    321933.jpg

Muc off 1 L cleaner € 2,82

321931.jpg

Muc off dry lube €1.50

321930.jpg
    and
    silicon-shine.jpg€3.06 each

321932.jpg

Via Velo 0.5 watt Ultra Bright €7.14

There were also various saddle covers, a shocking pink front light , small pump reduced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Galway has the Darth Vader Masks reduced, if anyone is looking for them

Tesco douglas has one left, upstairs on the end of aisle shelves on the bottom shelf,

i was going to buy it but she likes watching star wars and the lego range more than the toys so i left it, hope it helps someone who may be starting "santa" shopping early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Tesco Naas

Hardnutz Cycle Helmet 8.00 from 40. two left.
    37145471_180x180_1.jpg
    Biketrix front light. 3 euro reduced from 12. Three left.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/biketrix-blue-light/716-1830.prd very good light .

Cycle chain . 1.50
    grips .70c

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaireadK4

Is there much cycling stuff reduced in Naas? Or is just what you posted? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Just what I posted and the stuff CH30h posted also. The big bottle of muckoff is sold out. Thats what I went in for. Came out with a bunch of stuff I dont need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Got a 3 potion George foreman with removable plates in killers tesco,
    Was €59 now €25

31E1MIvFN6L._SX300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭1daisy1

ok, I follow this thread but have never had anything to add until now...

Tesco Swinford;

12 Premium Lake Golfballs - 1c

Belkin Homecharger €1.22

Thank you to other posters I also got a shredder - Fellowes- p-35c for €9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭leck

1daisy1 wrote: »
    ok, I follow this thread but have never had anything to add until now...

Tesco Swinford;

12 Premium Lake Golfballs - 1c

Belkin Homecharger €1.22

Thank you to other posters I also got a shredder - Fellowes- p-35c for €9
    Good job!

Any more of the shredders left there? Was it on the shelf or did you have to ask them to get it in the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭1daisy1

There was no more left in Swinford, It was on the shelf but marked at 89.99 reduced to 59.99, scanned it on the off chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just back from ashbourne
    this toothbrush on amazon is £49.41 in tesco its €31.24 * along the back wall, about 3 of these there
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colgate-ProClinical-Rechargeable-Electric-Toothbrush/dp/B009S674RY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410611590&sr=8-1&keywords=colgate+proclinical+c600

img_20140913_125601fdr8o.jpg

this 4gb mp3 player in that packing is €3.86, the other packaging brings it up to €19.49
    might be handy as a stocking filler * located along the side wall with the television and headphones, there was a fair few of them as well. I would easily say 10+

img_20140913_124811ivj76.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

is the cycling stuff in any of the Cork stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Technika power bank charger down from 16 to 4 Euros. It wasn't marked down on the shelf but scanned at 4.

Good few left in tesco longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Got these headphones in Maynooth earlier for 4.77 and there were quite a few left.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-FXC51-R-Micro-High-Definition-Headphone/dp/B003P1F8JE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410620919&sr=8-3&keywords=jvc+micro+hd

Not exactly the bargain of the century but was great for me as I needed new earphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement