Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

moodrater wrote: »
    Faire dues for sticking with it. He must be under the impression its coming out of his paycheck!

No he was worried it was not going to reach the boot of his car!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

foggy_lad wrote: »
    No he was worried it was not going to reach the boot of his car!

That made me lol - thanks, needed that this evening!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

leck wrote: »
    Will it not be the price on the yellow sticker? which may or may not be 1c.

All the stock that was reduced after Christmas went to 1c so if they used the yellow stickers to highlight it and its still on the shelves its worth a scan!

But I see today theres grocery stuff with yellow hand written stickers reduced to half price.

anyway,

10787631-1364225314-402361.jpg

3.33 in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

vicwatson wrote: »
    Great deal
    What item?

Got Technika Cube Clock Dock with Digital Radio for 1c in Claremorris. Looks like this: http://www.tesco.com/direct/technika-cube-clock-dock-wdab-cr-211-iphone-or-ipod/242-8253.prd
    These were the ones that were marked down during the summer - I think they were €10. Maybe this was a returned item so might not be available elsewhere. It had no yellow sticker.

And another 8-pk of Magnums for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    All the stock that was reduced after Christmas went to 1c so if they used the yellow stickers to highlight it and its still on the shelves its worth a scan!

But I see today theres grocery stuff with yellow hand written stickers reduced to half price.

anyway,

3.33 in waterford.

Thurles store ave loads of sunscreen products but only up to factor 30 and they are around the €10, Cashel store have non:confused: great find if ya can get it :) If anyone sees any clonmle please let me know :P

• Advertisement

Barcode is 36005 41275263 , call customer service and get them to check stores for you, then get then to call the stores and have the suncream held for you at the customer service desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

Barcode is 36005 41275263 , call customer service and get them to check stores for you, then get then to call the stores and have the suncream held for you at the customer service desk.

Thank you i contacted them via FB and they are goin to see if they can locate any in my area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

anyway,

3.33 in waterford.

Thanks a million for this, picked up a few bottles in Galway. Off to thailand and Australia soon so you've saved me a few quid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco.ie now have some €2.00 delivery slots midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

6 cans of Carlsberg €3.00 they are only the small cans
    6 cans of Koeppler lime and strawberry cider small cans also €3.00
    6 bottles of molson canadian lager €5.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Magnums 8 pack for 2 euro in athlone, just picked up a few boxes, at end of aisle of the frozen area. Still a good few left for those interested

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco.ie now have some €2.00 delivery slots midweek

That's store specific, there are no €2 slots for the next few weeks in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Found two items for 1c each in tesco in santry this evening, fcukers wouldn't let me have them, floor manager gave me some bollocks about not being allowed to sell any item under 4c, don't these stores have staff that should be checking prices on a daily or weekly basis. Grrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Found two items for 1c each in tesco in santry this evening, fcukers wouldn't let me have them, floor manager gave me some bollocks about not being allowed to sell any item under 4c, don't these stores have staff that should be checking prices on a daily or weekly basis. Grrrrrrr.

Did you not refer them to the emails contained in here?

Care to share what they were so other boardsies could possibly find them? Go on, it'll be your good deed for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If they were worth buying, you can be assured they won't be back on the shelves and any other items will have been removed by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

just back from clearwater and i checked some psvita games. there are 3 of them, brought them to the lady behind the express check out * as i have dealt with her before and asked her to check 3 games.
    golf - fighter and deviants all scanned for 1c. she asked me were there any more, I told her there was and she was going to buy them herself.
    these were reduced in the sale to 5 euros and then 2 euros so my advice like the others here is check an item you may have bought before hand ;)

or if you know someone who doesnt mind scanning them and selling them. worth noting that when i explained to her about how some people are being refused she told me that they were told if its one cent they have to sell it.

so me sticking up ps vita games that retail for 35 euros roughly that were bought just today for 1c is not a bargain?
    christ

Metal Gear Solid 3 3DS and another 3DS game were what I had, I do agree to some extent with the ending of this but it is fcuking annoying to know these games and other items are still on the shelves waiting to be bought if you can find them and don't get any agro from a tool of a staff member.

Anyone working for Tesco can you tell me is there any truth to what the guy said to me that it is prohibited to sell items for less than 4c.

Don't want to derail the thread any further so this is the last I will post on this, I tried 5 items I knew were €5 each at one stage last month with three scanning at full price €40 each and two at 1c each, tried to buy them at the self service the girl took the two 1c items and ran off to find her supervisor and then went to the customer service where she called for the floor manager never once speaking to me the floor manager tried to walk off with them I explained the info posted here and he gave me the bs about items less than 4c can't be sold.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Got these in Crescent SC Limerick for 5.50.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Useful for when I eventually shave off the beard. Until then, I have a wee comb. :D

• Advertisement

Great price, have been looking for some of these if anyone spots them on Dublin can they let me know where, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Personally I think the 150g bag of Poppets (chocolate covered toffees) for €1.20 is a bargain. A small 40g box is usually well over €1 if you can find them. Got the bags in Roselawn and Cabra in the regular confectionary section, not marked as a special offer.

That is a good price, considering that 4 or 5 boxes would be 2 euros depending on the euro store you could visit. must check my locals, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Two varieties of the Chocablok icecream reduced to €1 nationwide...The chocolate and the caramel tub varieties, on phone so can't put up link.

lachin wrote: »
    Two varieties of the Chocablok icecream reduced to €1 nationwide...The chocolate and the caramel tub varieties, on phone so can't put up link.

I bought 3 I already eat 1 :( help

they are yummy though a little to sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

daytob wrote: »
    just back from clearwater and i checked some psvita games. there are 3 of them, brought them to the lady behind the express check out * as i have dealt with her before and asked her to check 3 games.
    golf - fighter and deviants all scanned for 1c. she asked me were there any more, I told her there was and she was going to buy them herself.
    these were reduced in the sale to 5 euros and then 2 euros so my advice like the others here is check an item you may have bought before hand ;)

or if you know someone who doesnt mind scanning them and selling them. worth noting that when i explained to her about how some people are being refused she told me that they were told if its one cent they have to sell it.
    Sorry can you confirm the exact names of them?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

phill106 wrote: »
    Sorry can you confirm the exact names of them?
    Thanks!

As far as I can tell from having a Vita and seeing the games on sale in Tesco before, they would be:

Everybody's Golf
    Little Deviants
    Reality Fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Slabs of coors, miller and carlsberg in tesco Paul street. €20 for 24 cans. Best before October 2014. Couple slabs of Guinness too at €22

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Reductions have started in hardware over a whole range of stuff in toys and home and Kitchen goods.

About 25% now .

Any Tesco Extra store will have lots of yellow SELs . The reductions will increase with time if stock does not move.

Keep an eye and real bargains will emerge .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Reductions have started in hardware over a whole range of stuff in toys and home and Kitchen goods.

About 25% now .

Any Tesco Extra store will have lots of yellow SELs. The reductions will increase with time if stock does not move.

Keep an eye and real bargains will emerge .
    What are yellow SELs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement