Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

He is hardly best known as a rapper now is he?
    Yes, he is.
    prettyboy to be honest I think he won't sell out in the first day. He might in a week or two in my opinion...
    More power to you for doing it, if you can get them and make money, fair play; it's not as if somebody else doing it with eight tickets is going to think "Oh well actually I'm sure somebody really wants these".
    Oppurtunity arises, take it. K'Duuuh AVA

When I was in London earlier this year I wanted to see him, Tickets were completely sold out so we went outside the venue during the day to see if there were any touts around. Face value was £30 so we were ready to spend £50-60.. we got there and every tout was looking for £130-150 per ticket..I couldn't believe it but they were selling at that price..said to myself if he ever comes to Dublin I'd get a few tickets to sell..I'll think about it tonight anyway, there could be money to be made...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You hate people that utilize an opportunity to make money? Grow the **** up and cop on, you're sounding more and more like a 14 year old girl each day.

shut the fcuk up man!!!! "if theres money to be made" ???? no wonder the music industry to ticket sales is in bits,cause of complete d*ckheads like you ,buying tickets then selling them on at profit, thats not making money thats just being a tool!!!!! you go do that :D your just being you :D

i like drake and all that but the game played the olympia andi thought he was bigger than drake and a known rapper than drake, or it that drake is too commercial ,thats why he's in a big venue

A V A wrote: »
    shut the fcuk up man!!!! "if theres money to be made" ???? no wonder the music industry to ticket sales is in bits,cause of complete d*ckheads like you
    Yeah mate, it's people like my that are ruining the music industry. I just buy all of Drakes albums and buy as many tickets as I can to see his shows.

img1607sx.jpg

Idiot. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all of the Drake songs on your iPod were downloaded illegally.
    buying tickets then selling them on at profit, thats not making money
    I'm pretty sure that is making money...
    i like drake and all that but the game played the olympia andi thought he was bigger than drake and a known rapper than drake, or it that drake is too commercial ,thats why he's in a big venue
    ...really? Another great contribution AVA, thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mod Warning - Dont make me close this thread and start banning people. No more insults and keep it on the topic of Drake. If you want to start a thread on how musicians are being affected from illegal downloads or from ticket distribution, feel free. But not here.

not even bothering pal you aint worth it!!!:D O V O XO

• Advertisement

london o2 has sold out

second date just added

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

not even bothering pal you aint worth it!!!:D O V O XO
    Infracted for ignoring the warning.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Infracted for ignoring the warning.

just pm's you there boom_bap,rathering than putting it on thread!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Drake will sell out quickly, he's huge, and he's got every demographic.
    Got mine so am happy, first concert I've been to in ages, or am going to, like a good few years.
    Only act that's come in a few years that I've had an interest in seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

That was my point in saying is he not really known as a rapper, he has very wide reach.
    Most people at his concert will not be huge rap fans, and will therefore sell out or come very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I definitely think drake will sell out in the first day if not it will be the second, he's probably one of the most well known rappers this year and theres plenty of girls into him that wouldn't be that in to rap but they can listen to drake as he is kind of pop as well as rap.

That was my point in saying is he not really known as a rapper, he has very wide reach.
    Most people at his concert will not be huge rap fans, and will therefore sell out or come very close.
    this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I definitely think drake will sell out in the first day if not it will be the second, he's probably one of the most well known rappers this year and theres plenty of girls into him that wouldn't be that in to rap but they can listen to drake as he is kind of pop as well as rap.
    Agreed, I'm guessing you're talking about when he sings? I wouldn't really call it pop but it is definitely liked by that demographic.

we need to get a set list up as soon as he does his first show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I got my tickets lads! I'm so exited, did anybody else get them?

ye a few of us now, me, pretty boy, and a few others.
    your in canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

just waiting on some confirmation of lamar and ASAP Rocky and im there :).

Oh nope I'm in Ireland I set that a while ago, I shoukd probably change that haha. Anyway, what songs are we most looking forward to? I can't wait for UGK, Headlines, Crew Love. Provided he plays them

i hope he does stuff from the comeback season and so far gone ,like most of his set

• Advertisement

just waiting on some confirmation of lamar and ASAP Rocky and im there :).
    i imagine theyl be sold out before that confirmation buddy.

Oh nope I'm in Ireland I set that a while ago, I shoukd probably change that haha. Anyway, what songs are we most looking forward to? I can't wait for UGK, Headlines, Crew Love. Provided he plays them
    please tell me you didnt set it as canada cause your a huge drake fan.:D

karaoke is a favourite of mine, hope he does that.

Yep got mine on Wednesday, just looking at Facebook now and looks like a lot of people I know got theirs today too, more than I expected anyway.. four of my mates were outside Stephens Green at 6.30 this morning in the snow waiting for Ticketmaster to open, they told me they were going to head in for 6AM but I didn't think they'd actually go through with it :P Going to get 4 more tickets in the morning myself, was in two minds about getting more when I woke up but after seeing the reaction today I'm certain that this will sell out relatively quickly.

Would like to see him perform a few tracks from So Far Gone, I'd be surprised if he did anything from Comeback Season. Looking forward to Underground Kings, I'm On One, Crew Love...

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Yep got mine on Wednesday, just looking at Facebook now and looks like a lot of people I know got theirs today too, more than I expected anyway.. four of my mates were outside Stephens Green at 6.30 this morning in the snow waiting for Ticketmaster to open, they told me they were going to head in for 6AM but I didn't think they'd actually go through with it :P Going to get 4 more tickets in the morning myself, was in two minds about getting more when I woke up but after seeing the reaction today I'm certain that this will sell out relatively quickly.

Would like to see him perform a few tracks from So Far Gone, I'd be surprised if he did anything from Comeback Season. Looking forward to Underground Kings, I'm On One, Crew Love...
    i hate b@stards like you, you ruin everything, hate shyts who want to make money, fukk you and your extra tickets.:mad:

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i hate b@stards like you, you ruin everything, hate shyts who want to make money, fukk you and your extra tickets.:mad:
    Infracted, did you not see my warning above?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Infracted, did you not see my warning above?

I thought he was joking..?

what the hell, i was joking, even prettyboy realized it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Got my tickets :D

I would also like to see Karaoke played. A few off SFG would be nice as well.

• Advertisement

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    what the hell, i was joking, even prettyboy realized it was a joke.

Lol even I knew you were joking.. Anyway I don't think infractions are much to worry about if you're a generally well behaved poster
    And about Canada- honestly it's not because I'm a drake fan, it was just a random place selection hahaha :D

Advertisement