Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

that rihanna track is so bad, its just put over a jamie xx song "ill take care of you "!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It has decent parts to it, I like some parts of the reworking.. But it's a bit messy, a bit confused. They could've dropped more of Heron's original vocals.

i dont see how anything was added, parts were edited yea and looped but nothing much was added but an extra (loud tom and a hit/hi hat)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Really like the Practice track

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

A V A wrote: »
    i dont see how anything was added, parts were edited yea and looped but nothing much was added but an extra (loud tom and a hit/hi hat)

They could have stripped off more of the original is what I meant, made it their own.

• Advertisement

yeah man that what i was expecting, im getting the impression he got the "take care" idea from jamie actuall track and gill scott, he and jamie have both said that they spent time together and have been sending emails etc to each other ,also drake said sometime last year that he didnt yet have a name for his album but after the whole meating up with jamie and his label young turks he announched it,drakes was a big fan of that gill scott and jamie xx album

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Absolutely loving this album, haven't stopped listening to it all day. Production is top notch, sequencing is perfect, great guest verses from Kendrick and André 3000. Expected it to be good but have to say it's exceeded all my expectations. I'm a huge Drake fan so guess I'm not surprised that I love it, I'll listen to it a few more times and let it sink in until I rate it but these are the tracks I'm liking most right now.

Crew Love

Underground Kings

HYFR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nodin_

Gave the album a spin today and must say I'm impressed. Nice instrumentals and a polished production. Two thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Very easy to listen to. I'm enjoying it.

The Crew ft. The Weeknd is a type of song I normally dont like, but for some reason I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

im a drake fan but hes the sort of artist i need to listen to a few times before im totally on board, whether that be one song or a whole album.

thats not a bad thing, especially because i know that hes so reliable that eventually it will grow on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bebostalker

First CD ive bought in years, worth it unreal album, sitting listening from start to finish which i cant say i do with too many artists at the min.

offically my favourite rapper now after that dirt Lil Wayne released as his last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

NEVER thought I' say this, but....this is album is really good, actually with some minor changes, (Dreams Money Can Buy replacing Make Me Proud, and Free Spirit/Trust Issues replacing Shot for Me or Practice) I think it would be nearly perfect :eek:

The majority of the album is like a look at the female psyche from a male perspective, which to me is very appealing, and then it has some hip hop mixed in for good measure

I'm really enjoying this, and for me, it's a major step-up from Thank Me Later....

This album won't be for everyone, but it's a shame some people might miss out on it because of their views on Drake

the whole argument that its soft is ridiculous as well, some of my favourite albums are made in the same vein as take care.

horsebox09 wrote: »
    This album won't be for everyone, but it's a shame some people might miss out on it because of their views on Drake

+1. Honestly can't understand why Drake gets so much hate? Is it because he's mainstream? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    +1. Honestly can't understand why Drake gets so much hate? Is it because he's mainstream? :confused:

That's probably it but i have my own reasons for not liking him.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That's probably it but i have my own reasons for not liking him.

Can you tell us any of your reasons? I understand if you'd prefer not to but I'm genuinely interested in finding out why people don't like him.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Can you tell us any of your reasons? I understand if you'd prefer not to but I'm genuinely interested in finding out why people don't like him.

well as you know I listen to fúck all hip hop from outside of the 90s.
    I don't know why it's just the way I am
    As for drake the first time i heard him rapping was in some nicki minaj song.(yes I know:rolleyes:)
    His verse was weak and that kind of put me off him.
    I then tried to check out some of his older stuff and it's literally nothing like what i usually listen to and i don't like his hooks either so i wasn't into it.
    I'm sure he's good if you're into his type of rap but he's not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I do not like drake because every song and lyric he has annoys me from the voice to the words but fair play to him for co-hosting the last kotd event and giving both battlers 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

What bothers me about him is that he just seems to have been hand-picked by Young Money and signed to a deal,not for his ability but for his image.
    Tons of other MC's with far more talent than he has that would kill to get the opportunities that have seemingly been handed to him.
    Just comes across as a very, very average MC blessed with good production and an array of high profile,relevant guest stars.

all opinion of course, and ive had this discussion before about other artists, but drake is talented.
    im not sure how a discussion like this can be resolved in all honesty.

as for his image, what is it, its kind of regular to me, no gimmicks or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

What bothers me about him is that he just seems to have been hand-picked by Young Money and signed to a deal,not for his ability but for his image.
    Tons of other MC's with far more talent than he has that would kill to get the opportunities that have seemingly been handed to him.
    Just comes across as a very, very average MC blessed with good production and an array of high profile,relevant guest stars.

have to agree with Underground on the above quote, although I do like a few of his songs for the most part I wouldn't be a fan mainly down to similar reasons as Underground.

also the freestyle he tried to do with tim westwood around 1 or 2 years ago really put him down a peg or 2 in my book, but I don't hate him just not a big fan just like bits here and there the odd time.

I've been a big fan of his since So Far Gone, not sure what it is about him that appeals to me so much but definitely like the way he makes everything he does seem effortless. He's got a good ear for beats too IMO, love the production on Take Care, more or less perfect from the first track to the last.

Listening to Cameras, Lord Knows and The Real Her a lot the last couple of days, really loving every track on this album, something I could never say about Thank Me Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I pity you.

TBH mate I respect if you don't like Drake but I don't see the point of snide remarks like that if *from what I could read* you haven't heard all, if any, of the album.

And as a 16 year old male, I'm obviously mostly gonna listen to modern rap, not 90s rap like yourself. Drake (and a few others) stand out for me in this regard.

The album has been well received anyways, on this thread and also generally in most reviews. Don't really see your logic of posting comments like that in a thread about a album which many here have enjoyed so far?

Anyways, the albums just how I expected it. Stand outs would have to be Look What You've Done, Cameras and We'll Be Fine. Reminds me of a better version of the Comeback Season

fjsanchez wrote: »
    TBH mate I respect if you don't like Drake but I don't see the point of snide remarks like that if *from what I could read* you haven't heard all, if any, of the album.

And as a 16 year old male, I'm obviously mostly gonna listen to modern rap, not 90s rap like yourself. Drake (and a few others) stand out for me in this regard.

The album has been well received anyways, on this thread and also generally in most reviews. Don't really see your logic of posting comments like that in a thread about a album which many here have enjoyed so far?

Anyways, the albums just how I expected it. Stand outs would have to be Look What You've Done, Cameras and We'll Be Fine. Reminds me of a better version of the Comeback Season

Yes it was a snide remark but it was in a light hearted way, your acting like I'm all old and crusty when I'm actually studying for my leaving man, I was brought up around 90s hip hop because all of my older relatives listened to it and it stuck with me for years and it was hands down the best decade for rap.
    Drake's music is horse shít compared to 90s rap in my opinion and i seriously don't want to or need to listen to his new album.
    I've heard 2 songs from it and instantly hated both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

have to agree with Underground on the above quote, although I do like a few of his songs for the most part I wouldn't be a fan mainly down to similar reasons as Underground.

also the freestyle he tried to do with tim westwood around 1 or 2 years ago really put him down a peg or 2 in my book, but I don't hate him just not a big fan just like bits here and there the odd time.

"I say uhhhhhh.... I say ummm...." :D

Did you see Afion Crockett's pisstake of that? So funny.

I would actually also agree with Underground's post, but it is not enough to stop me from liking a hell of a lot of his stuff.

lads , 90'z rap is 90'z rap , leave that in archives !! its good yea but drake is different ,imo im sick of hearing people trying to that "90'z" rap sound, i like the whole ovoxo and ycmb crew cause they bringing something others arent,its a good album for now-a-days or what people are into now, regardless of what was a better era!

Yes it was a snide remark but it was in a light hearted way, your acting like I'm all old and crusty when I'm actually studying for my leaving man, I was brought up around 90s hip hop because all of my older relatives listened to it and it stuck with me for years and it was hands down the best decade for rap.
    Drake's music is horse shít compared to 90s rap in my opinion and i seriously don't want to or need to listen to his new album.
    I've heard 2 songs from it and instantly hated both of them.

In fairness Drakes "rapping" is **** compared to most not just 90's. But fair play to him he is making a lot of money and a lot of music people love.

was a whole lot of shytty rap in the 90s too.
    i hate when people refer to something as cr@p as if its fact, ye i get that people are entitled to their opinion but ive always been of the opinion that if i dont like something it doesnt actually mean its bad, its just not to my taste.

• Advertisement

I don't know about others but as I said I do think it is crap, but fair play to him he is making a lot of money and a lot of music that a lot of people like.

Advertisement