Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

cool_story_bro_house_Cool_story_bro_RE_Worlds_most_epic_story_the_beginning-s515x589-103680.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

fix up pal :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

What's the story with the pre-sale? Says it starts tomorrow, how do I go about getting tickets?

jesus its not that hard ,it will say it on mcd or will be up on ticketmaster!!!!!

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    jesus its not that hard ,it will say it on mcd or will be up on ticketmaster!!!!!

Relax.

I only ask because I've never pre-ordered from Ticketmaster and I would imagine that these will sell out very quickly. I just want to hear from someone who may have some experience with pre-ordering, should I be on the laptop at 9AM sharp tomorrow morning, will standing tickets be available, etc.

Again, relax. We know you're excited about Drake coming and it's a dream come true and everything...

As far as I know the priority tickets are only available to O2 customers that text a number and are then sent a password which they need to buy the tickets. Oddly enough didn't see that on MCD or Ticketmaster :confused: Thanks for the suggestion though AVA

Thinking about getting a couple of priority tickets, does anyone know if the O2 priority is standing or seating?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

nm, wow the 02 only fits 14000?

Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky are supporting Drake on the US leg of the tour, might be wishful thinking but there's a chance they could be supporting him on the European leg too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky are supporting Drake on the US leg of the tour, might be wishful thinking but there's a chance they could be supporting him on the European leg too?

as far as i know they are supporting him on the european dates too from what i gathered on a few sites, it would make sense for both of them especially considering both will probably release there debuts in 2012. Both are still relatively unknown outside of america hooking up with Drake could be a good move commercially.

il try my best to get a ticket but i doubt drake will sell it out in ireland anyway so i say there will be tickets either way near march.

It will be interesting though a lot of young teenagers will be there because of drake wonder how they will relate to lamar and ASAP's music, needless to say these 2 are the reason i will be going to the concert.

bit of a strange combo though there could be a very mixed set of fans/age limits/ tastes here.

• Advertisement

i think we will have different acts supporting him in europe, possibly one of the english acts doing quite well now.
    work mate of mine asked whether i thought drake would fill the o2, i think once he releases that track with rihanna he will.
    at the moment, even without the hugeness of what that track will be i think he would.

take a look at this crazy bytch.:eek:
    3c2a6abdfdba8a1c1793b3ae1b51bbe7_vice_670.jpg
    http://www.vice.com/read/drakes-best-headline-yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I can't wait :D will I have to be pretty sharp on Friday morning or will they really sell out? My first concert btw (I'm 16), any tips/things I shouldn't do?

Relax.

I only ask because I've never pre-ordered from Ticketmaster and I would imagine that these will sell out very quickly. I just want to hear from someone who may have some experience with pre-ordering, should I be on the laptop at 9AM sharp tomorrow morning, will standing tickets be available, etc.

Again, relax. We know you're excited about Drake coming and it's a dream come true and everything...

wouldnt say its a dream come true tbh :D

you never know what drake's promoters could pull out of the bag aswell :P like the point above,he could have totally 2 different acts,remember were on this side of the lake and drake is a fan of alot of artists over here, maybe the xx, some indie band or what ever!!

i listen to alot of asap rocky aswell,i think lamar and asap are known by people in the rap/hip hop community thats around over here .so i say they would be a good support!!
    also the weeknd makes sense as a support too, 3rd mix tape echo of silence is due 21st december and has said to be doing a european tour in mid 2012

Saw Drake in London in January and he had Florence (of Florence and The Machine) perform 'Fireworks' with him so there's a chance he might surprise us......................................................but I'd be pretty happy if Kendrick and Rocky were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 thisiswar

I was at his concert Toronto a few months back, worst concert ever...and i've been seen the scissor sisters live(not my idea)

Maybe it'll be different indoors though

Just got myself 4 tickets, pretty happy, good value at €45 a ticket.

wait what, thought they wernt on sale until fri.:confused:

EDIT: oh and ye, pretty good value that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Hugh Cream wrote: »

EDIT: oh and ye, pretty good value that.

He probably got priority :pac:

• Advertisement

O2 Priority tickets.

O2 Priority tickets.
    Of course, brother in law has a friend working in the o2 so I'm sorted in any how.

Just thinking earlier why he hasn't got the weeknd supporting him in the states.
    Be great if he brought him to Europe with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looking forward to this one lads!

Source - Ticketmaster

Two quick questions regarding the gig:

1) I have an O2 priorty booking code, selected 2 standing tickets and the code worked fine, however, it comes up with the ''the tickets you have selected are unavailable''. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2) If I can't get any good of the above, I'll be on first thing Friday morning (which is when they go on general sale). Will I definitely get two standing at that time (seating is not much good to me), or is it going to be an F5 refreshing contest in which I could lose out?

Thanks.

I'm going :D
    Underground kings is still my favorite song off Take Care, I can actually imagine myself going insane if he performs that. In buzzing for this!

Does anyone think this gig will sell out quickly? One of my mates told me today that she's going to queue up outside Ticketmaster in Stephens Green at 6AM tomorrow.. I got 4 tickets yesterday and I'm half thinking of getting 4 more tomorrow to sell..not sure how fast a rapper will sell out the biggest arena in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He is hardly best known as a rapper now is he?

He is hardly best known as a rapper now is he?

Yes he is actually known as a rapper..
    And prettyboy to be honest I think he won't sell out in the first day. He might in a week or two in my opinion...

Does anyone think this gig will sell out quickly? One of my mates told me today that she's going to queue up outside Ticketmaster in Stephens Green at 6AM tomorrow.. I got 4 tickets yesterday and I'm half thinking of getting 4 more tomorrow to sell..not sure how fast a rapper will sell out the biggest arena in the country?

absolutely hate people like you :mad: get 4 and sell them ???? thats bad form!!!
    they wont sell out,within the first week anyway !!!

A V A wrote: »
    absolutely hate people like you :mad: get 4 and sell them ???? thats bad form!!!
    You hate people that utilize an opportunity to make money? Grow the **** up and cop on, you're sounding more and more like a 14 year old girl each day.

• Advertisement

You hate people that utilize an opportunity to make money? Grow the **** up and cop on, you're sounding more and more like a 14 year old girl each day.

More power to you for doing it, if you can get them and make money, fair play; it's not as if somebody else doing it with eight tickets is going to think "Oh well actually I'm sure somebody really wants these".
    Oppurtunity arises, take it. K'Duuuh AVA

Advertisement