Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein now second most popular party

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

See thats how most free thinking people feel about the cronies in FF, FG, and Labour ( Greens if they even qualify as a party anymore) and why more and more see SF as a viable option, you do unterstand how democracy works??

How are SF any different to the others ? They still lie, they still have double-standards, they still excuse the inexcusable, they still deflect and cast slurs when challenged, etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    How are SF any different to the others ? They still lie, they still have double-standards, they still excuse the inexcusable, they still deflect and cast slurs when challenged, etc, etc.

So if they are no different to the other parties, Why are you on a crusade against SF ? I doubt you were out blasting FF when they were slowly but surely ruining our economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

charlemont wrote: »
    So if they are no different to the other parties, Why are you on a crusade against SF ? I doubt you were out blasting FF when they were slowly but surely ruining our economy.

:D I take it you don't make a habit of reading Liam's contributions here then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

lugha wrote: »
    :D I take it you don't make a habit of reading Liam's contributions here then?

I'll have to pay more attention in future !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

In contrast to what party would that be?? Or have you been following Irish politics for the last 10 years?

Apart from the fact that you are very very wrong, general elections are decided by local communities voting for local politicans and Sinn Feins support on the ground level is growing rapidly due to the hands on approach to local politics of the majority of their councillors/members etc.

The common man/woman on the street couldnt give a flying fcuk about Sinn Fein historical background if they perceive that a vote for them can have a positive effect on them right now, basically Me Feiners will become Sinn Feiners

I didn't contrast any party. But SF have been telling us that the bondholders would have been burned by them in power. Now I admire their audacity but they only said it knowing that it couldn't happen but it played to an outraged public.

So they can hide behind their dummy plea of 'our hands are tied in the north' but to expect us to believe that in power here they could completely ignore the financial situation is bizarre; yet they object to every cut....

When MmcG announced his nomination, I wanted to give him my vote because I do admire his role in the peace process but it seems that people like me imply that SF now commands second most popular position.

After all the recent coverage of his awkward questions, that position will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    That would be the sinnfein shop, some nice things on there. You think its crap? I certainly don't. Objectionable? Not in my book, or many other peoples.
    Glorifying terrorists is pretty objectionable to a very large number of people. You can choose to ignore that if you like, but it’s one of the principle reasons why SF support is largely confined to a single demographic.
    That is the whole point of this thread, but some people seem scared by this and morally threatened or something...
    Not really - SF in government is not likely any time soon.
    ...yet they dont seem to be able to detail the positive attributes of any of the alternatives...
    That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I can't voice my objections to SF without saying something positive about, say, FG?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

I fail to see how replacing a shower of lying robbers who are the heirs of gunmen who had blood on their hands with a new upcoming breed of lying robbers only this time the blood on their hands has only barely dried, is going to do any good.

Sinn Féin are criminals. Why do people think that replacing FF or FG or Lab or PD or Green criminals with fresh SF criminals is going to do any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MizenHead

snafuk35 wrote: »
    I fail to see how replacing a shower of lying robbing scumbags who are the heirs of gunmen who had blood on their hands with a new upcoming breed of lying robbing scumbags only this time the blood on their hands has only barely dried, is going to do any good.

Sinn Féin are scum. Why do people think that replacing FF or FG or Lab or PD or Green scum with fresh SF scum is going to do any good?

Because Sinn Féin are saying things to the poor people of the country that they like to hear, and, in case you have not noticed - there are more and more poor people in the country (excluding the ones who have had to emigrate)!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

MizenHead wrote: »
    Because Sinn Féin are saying things to the poor people of the country that they like to hear, and, in case you have not noticed - there are more and more poor people in the country (excluding the ones who have had to emigrate)!

That's what the Nazis did in Germany in the 1930s. Look how that worked out.:)

Advertisement