Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Check out this rant, up his own h**e much?

'Friday to Monday. nearly 3 years on the city streets in West Dublin as a reserve doing over 400 hours a year, 21 years of age, fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox, know all the laws and legislations inside out, been in court 3 times, all public office training done including C&C computer answering phones doing forms and statements and I have to do an aptitude test? Online? At home? The same thing as everyone else? People who are not reserves, who might have records and are chancing their arms just to try get a job in the guards cause it 'looks' good?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Haha saw that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

thekopend wrote: »

'Friday to Monday. nearly 3 years on the city streets in West Dublin as a reserve doing over 400 hours a year, 21 years of age, fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox, know all the laws and legislations inside out, been in court 3 times, all public office training done including C&C computer answering phones doing forms and statements and I have to do an aptitude test? Online? At home? The same thing as everyone else? People who are not reserves, who might have records and are chancing their arms just to try get a job in the guards cause it 'looks' good?'

Hahaha... And also 21 years of age, 3 years as a reserve somehow I don't think that could be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

thestar wrote: »
    Iv spoken to a good few reserves and they all seem to be on this weekend which is interesting in my opinion

This seems to be the case

every GR i know is friday to monday

i would base this on the fact that we all applied straight away not on the fact that we are GRs

a non story really!

want2b wrote: »
    Hahaha... And also 21 years of age, 3 years as a reserve somehow I don't think that could be..

You can apply at 18

he could be very close to 22

could be done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

That's kind of embarrassing for a reserve to express himself like that on social media.

He thinks he's entitled to the job.

When he says he has to do the aptitude at home the same as everyone else it just proved how smug and arrogant some reserves can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Jeez RESERVE this RESERVE that - some of yas are obsessed!

jumping on any sort of comment etc

I wonder if you challenged them on facebook about it?

prob not

That's kind of embarrassing for a reserve to express himself like that on social media.

He thinks he's entitled to the job.

When he says he has to do the aptitude at home the same as everyone else it just proved how smug and arrogant some reserves can be.

plenty of smugness and arrogance on here from non reserves (see kopend stating a child could do the abstract - christ)

painting with very broad strokes is easy

Scouser wrote: »
    plenty of smugness and arrogance on here from non reserves (see kopend stating a child could do the abstract - christ)

painting with very broad strokes is easy

Ah yes, kopend, the biggest brain in town

sure hes too smart to be a reserve. The aptitude insults his intelligence!

Units will love the ammo he will provide if he gets in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

A lot of reserves have an awfull problem of thinking that they are entitled to get in and that just proves it.

• Advertisement

A lot of reserves have an awfull problem of thinking that they are entitled to get in and that just proves it.

I cannot wait for your first day in court if you think one random person claiming to be a GR is the sufficient evidence to prove such a broad point!!

Stick to the practice tests before you hurt that big brain of yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Jimmymcnulty86

What exactly are city streets in west dublin? He must mean a working class west dublin suburb theres thousands of people who spend more than 400 hours in these areas every year, you know people who live there like myself ha. Embarrassing post from start to finish if your looking for glory and Facebook likes this is not the job for you, also embarrassing for other reserves.
    Strong as an ox :):)

What exactly are city streets in west dublin? He must mean a working class west dublin suburb theres thousands of people who spend more than 400 hours in these areas every year, you know people who live there like myself ha. Embarrassing post from start to finish if your looking for glory and Facebook likes this is not the job for you, also embarrassing for other reserves.

you forgot fit as a fiddle

Jeez RESERVE this RESERVE that - some of yas are obsessed!

jumping on any sort of comment etc

I wonder if you challenged them on facebook about it?

prob not

I'm not going to challenge anybody on Facebook or any reserve.

Just because they want to brag about how great they are it doesn't mean we need to say anything back.

They are embarrassing them selfs without our input. It's very hard to respect someone who behaves that way.

I could come on here or Facebook and say I'm not a reserve but I've done this, and that etc. look how great I am. I won't though, because as I've said so many times before, the place to impress in the interview and no where else

Yeah but he was in court three times in three years! I know plenty of security men who are sick of giving evidence in court

Yeah but he was in court three times in three years! I know plenty of security men who are sick of giving evidence in court

slight difference between a witness and a prosecuting member

Giving evidence is giving evidence regardless of what you are. Your still sitting in that chair beside the judge getting asked stupid questions by some legal aid solicitor.

I don't know if reserves are aloud to arrest people? If there not then there just a witness to the arresting Garda, if they are aloud arrest and prosecute, then happy days very impressive in the interview.

I just don't find the need for this to be broadcast on Facebook for everyone to see.

Giving evidence is giving evidence regardless of what you are. Your still sitting in that chair beside the judge getting asked stupid questions by some legal aid solicitor.

I don't know if reserves are aloud to arrest people? If there not then there just a witness to the arresting Garda, if they are aloud arrest and prosecute, then happy days very impressive in the interview.

I just don't find the need for this to be broadcast on Facebook for everyone to see.

its the evidence you have gathered in the case which your are responsible. massive difference

stupid questions? :rolleyes:

you dont know if reserves are allowed arrest people? you dont seem to know much about the GR but plenty of time to comment. how about a little more education and a little less opinion

Mega mega difference

only a member of AGS would know that ;)

its the evidence you have gathered in the case which your are responsible. massive difference

you dont know if reserves are allowed arrest people? you dont seem to know much about the GR but plenty of time to comment. how about a little more education and a little less opinion

Well are you going to answer my question or ?

• Advertisement

Well are you going to answer my question or ?

Another man wanting to be spoonfed

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

There's no difference. As faith and Justice said, the reserve be a witness for the guard.

There's no reserve that will be the "prosecuting member". And the security guards evidence would mostly be evidence he "gathered himself".

And as people are going on about arresting people. The security guard has the same power of arrest as the reserve... (now somebody is going to yell "but it's a different subsection!!)

There are people that are arguing about things they know nothing about. And btw it's rare enough, extremely rare actually that a reserve gives evidence in court. It usually dosnt happen as they are accompanied by a full timer, who sees what they see.

And before go mad, I said usually and it's rare. I didn't say it dosnt happen. And I'm not a security guard...

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Another man wanting to be spoonfed

Ok if your not going to answer my simple question then fair enough.

That's me done with this site till I get my aptitude results.

Good luck with the test

Ok if your not going to answer my simple question then fair enough.

That's me done with this site till I get my aptitude results.

Good luck with the test

Don't be bullied out. You're entitled to your opinion just like everybody else... when is your test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Surely this man should be fast tracked to Superintendent rank at least.
    After all he has gained immense skills like answering phones , is as strong as an ox and has policed the mean city streets of Dublin's Westside. He can't be expected to be treated like lesser applicants

What's c & c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

mfergus wrote: »
    What's c & c

Command and Control

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Check the Garda website. It will tell you exactly what a C and C is. At station level it will take about ten minutes to get the gist of it. Even though an old system it does have it's advantages. Our Reserve friend probably makes it sound like the Command Module on the Space Shuttle

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

WilcoOut wrote: »
    You can apply at 18

he could be very close to 22

could be done!

Takes at least 2 years to become a reserve

• Advertisement

want2b wrote: »
    Takes at least 2 years to become a reserve

incorrect

Advertisement