Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Rothmans wrote: »
    I mean I hope it's NOT 1 for 1 negative marking!!

You mean it used to be 1 for 1?

This weekend!
    I registered in 09. Maybe they're doing it in that order?

Ya it used to be one for one but it was easier before. 15 different paragraphs with 4 questions each. So that's 60 questions and you had 30 mins to do it. No tabs just a plain paragraph in front of you, I was doing samples before and getting in the 50's. As for now!

Don't know what way they work it but I sent in my application about 1am that night and I'm this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Devil08 wrote: »
    They do it in order of your canditate number. I.e in order of who applied first when it opened in December

That can't be right, I only applied on Jan 7th, I'd imagine I was one of the last to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Iv spoken to a good few reserves and they all seem to be on this weekend which is interesting in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I got my email earlier today, are all applicants designated a specific time frame to do the tests then? I have been given dates to do the tests by, and reading some of the posts on here seems others have been given time frames that aren't the same as mine? just a query :) happy enough with my times!

I got my email earlier today, are all applicants designated a specific time frame to do the tests then? I have been given dates to do the tests by, and reading some of the posts on here seems others have been given time frames that aren't the same as mine? just a query :) happy enough with my times!

Mine is Friday to Monday, someone else here has Monday to Thursday

• Advertisement

And are ye both reserves?

I'm not, not sure about the other person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I'm not, not sure about the other person

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Different times! Otherwise the site will crash if 25k go on at same time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Monday to Thursday here too, I think we're okay with dishing that bit of info? I'm not a reserve either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Will you be jumping into it first thing Friday morning?

want2b wrote: »
    Will you be jumping into it first thing Friday morning?

I don't think so. I've an exam on Friday morning then straight to work, work on Saturday and an exam on Monday morning so I'll probably do it Sunday evening, I'll do a few practice runs first and then jump into it. I'm actually looking forward to it :)

I don't think so. I've an exam on Friday morning then straight to work, work on Saturday and an exam on Monday morning so I'll probably do it Sunday evening, I'll do a few practice runs first and then jump into it. I'm actually looking forward to it :)

You mean you will be waiting to see what others say about it here first!!

Not at all, like I said, I'm looking forward to it and would rather get it out of the way so I can study for Monday but unless I can get time Saturday evening, it'll be Sunday :)

Not at all, like I said, I'm looking forward to it and would rather get it out of the way so I can study for Monday but unless I can get time Saturday evening, it'll be Sunday :)

Best of luck with all your exams, you will be doing exams in your sleep after all them.

Good luck 4P!

Best of luck with all your exams, you will be doing exams in your sleep after all them.

Haha!! I know! Had one today as well! Good luck to you too :)

Devil08 wrote: »
    Good luck 4P!

Same to you bud :)

Think if you can keep calm at these then you have a lot better of a chance, I know I would probably do a lot better if it didn't mean anything to me

thestar wrote: »
    Think if you can keep calm at these then you have a lot better of a chance, I know I would probably do a lot better if it didn't mean anything to me

Yeah exactly but unfortunately easier said than done, when is your tests if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

I seen a group on Facebook and they are asking when people's times are and if they are reserves, as if the batches are distinguished in that manner. It won't make any difference for the aptitude. Do they think that they reserves are going to get extra points or what haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

thekopend wrote: »
    I seen a group on Facebook and they are asking when people's times are and if they are reserves, as if the batches are distinguished in that manner. It won't make any difference for the aptitude. Do they think that they reserves are going to get extra points or what haha.

A different test perhaps ?

mycro89 wrote: »

You wish:P

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

mycro89 wrote: »

Very doubtful.

It's just some genius of a reserve was talking to another reserve who just so happens to have his exam during the same period, then decided to announce his theory of reserves have it on one date and non reserves have it another date.

Is there any reserve on here that hasn't their exam Friday - Monday. Just to clarify and end this theory....

Also. Good luck to everyone

I'm not a reserve and I'm fri to mon. A rake of people on face book were visa versa. It's dead in the water

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

I'm not a reserve and I'm fri to mon. A rake of people on face book were visa versa. It's dead in the water

Ya. I'd imagine it goes by when you registered or alphabetical order or something similar...

It seems from reading that page that reserves are Friday - Monday, there are other people those days aswell but I didn't see a reserve doing Monday - Thursday.
    Interesting.

It seems from reading that page that reserves are Friday - Monday, there are other people those days aswell but I didn't see a reserve doing Monday - Thursday.
    Interesting.

If they were only reserves on one time it might be something. Mixed suggests it's nothing. Find out what about 50 reserves are doing and it might be worth the speculation.

Can someone link the page? Cheers :)

• Advertisement

Ohh bubble burst, reserve just posted ther mon to thurs.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=656124177759793&id=528269130545299&__user=100000455020553

Also a reserve hasent got there email yet, how could this be?. A reserve like!

Advertisement