Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Scouser wrote: »
    incorrect

not far off though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

carzony wrote: »

Exactly and some people it takes more.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

carzony wrote: »

matter of months for me boys and girls

must have been headhunted :cool:

matter of months for me boys and girls

must have been headhunted :cool:

Must have been if it only took months!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

I think selecting which tab to use for the verbal reasoning could waste a lot of time for applicants

• Advertisement

thestar wrote: »
    I think selecting which tab to use for the verbal reasoning could waste a lot of time for applicants

your right

dont bother selecting anymore than 1

its all you will need - clicking on others will waste time and scupper your chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

A buddy of mine,

Father is a super is pretty much guaranteed a place. Along with one of his cousins.

You know, I taught that the day was well and truly over in this country. Obviously not.

your right

dont bother selecting anymore than 1

its all you will need - clicking on others will waste time and scupper your chances

Do I detect an element of sarcasm here Scouser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

want2b wrote: »
    Must have been if it only took months!

Same for me (the matter of months, not the headhunting) ... 5 months from date of application to date I began training. I applied in 09 though so believe its a totally different story these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Some fair amount of animosity on here guys, I want to do the best I can but i'm also not gonna begrudge anyone the chance if they get it, i've always wanted to be a member of AGS and really hope I get it but I also wish everyone else the best at their application, we cant all hate each other, we could end up working together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

A buddy of mine,

Father is a super is pretty much guaranteed a place. Along with one of his cousins.

You know, I taught that the day was well and truly over in this country. Obviously not.
    I know a lad who does security at Old Trafford but can't get me a game. I think its naïve to think that anyone who has someone in the force will get preference. I think out of the 30,000 that applied, it will only be the best and brightest that get selected, eg. Pass all tests, good interviews and meet relevant criteria.

ya i was just about to say that ye were probably one of the first groups to start in the reserve and that's why it didn't take so long.. Your definitely looking at 2 years now, just shows the demand there is out there for a reserve uniform that they can take their time processing applicants

I know a lad who does security at Old Trafford but can't get me a game. I think its naïve to think that anyone who has someone in the force will get preference. I think out of the 30,000 that applied, it will only be the best and brightest that get selected, eg. Pass all tests, good interviews and meet relevant criteria.

A supers son will get in most definitely but if Daddy or uncle Mick are just normal Gardai then I wouldn't see it being that much of an advantage to an applicant

A supers son will get in most definitely but if Daddy or uncle Mick are just normal Gardai then I wouldn't see it being that much of an advantage to an applicant

if thats the case - we have 153 supers, 41 chiefs, 9 AC's and 2 Deputys

looks like the first class is already full

My super has no kids - i wonder if he'll give me the spot hes entitled too.......

:rolleyes:

if thats the case - we have 153 supers, 41 chiefs, 9 AC's and 2 Deputys

looks like the first class is already full

My super has no kids - i wonder if he'll give me the spot hes entitled too.......

:rolleyes:

Maybe he could actually be you father after all?

ya i was just about to say that ye were probably one of the first groups to start in the reserve and that's why it didn't take so long.. Your definitely looking at 2 years now, just shows the demand there is out there for a reserve uniform that they can take their time processing applicants

I still don't believe that a guy 21 is a reserve 3 years. That would leave from aapplication, interview, super interview, br checks, medical, training in templemore, in a station then graduate in less than 12 months.

Maybe he could actually be you father after all?

Do ye really believe that there is no pull????? Lads its Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

want2b wrote: »
    Do ye really believe that there is no pull????? Lads its Ireland.

Pull is no use if you can't get by the aptitude test but after that it's full steam ahead for the people with pull.
    Canvassing will disqualify only applies to those with no influence.
    While we would all like to think that there is no pull when it comes to the interview stage a bit of influence won't be any harm having.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise really dosen't know how this country operates.
    Anyway it will be good preparation for them to see how things operate in the job

I like your optimism if you think that at a certain level ( super etc) political strings can't be pulled.

Always been the way my friend. It's not right. It's called Ireland.

I like this line the most. It's the guards we're going for. Not NASA. I am in the PS and I know a lot of people, dreadful at their job, who can do test and great interviews until the cows come home. It's an art in itself. So, unfortunately it's not just the brightest and best who will get it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

[/B][/U]

I like this line the most. It's the guards we're going for. Not NASA. I am in the PS and I know a lot of people, dreadful at their job, who can do test and great interviews until the cows come home. It's an art in itself. So, unfortunately it's not just the brightest and best who will get it.

Live at the Apollo material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Do ye not get sick of bickering? Seems to be a constant on the few threads here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Pull is no use if you can't get by the aptitude test but after that it's full steam ahead for the people with pull.
    Canvassing will disqualify only applies to those with no influence.
    While we would all like to think that there is no pull when it comes to the interview stage a bit of influence won't be any harm having.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise really dosen't know how this country operates.
    Anyway it will be good preparation for them to see how things operate in the job

spot on!

Getting back on point, is it true that there is going to be a panel set up along with the 250-300 that are taken on straight away?

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Live at the Apollo material

Couldn't agree more. But that's this country for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Getting back on point, is it true that there is going to be a panel set up along with the 250-300 that are taken on straight away?

You mean, setting up a panel for the next few years out of this campaign?

Rothmans wrote: »
    You mean, setting up a panel for the next few years out of this campaign?

Ya, say 300 placed on a panel that they pick from in the next few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

id say there will be a handy panel. e.g it will be use soon so it dosent go stale. as far as i know it is 250-300 over two intakes this year

thekopend wrote: »
    id say there will be a handy panel. e.g it will be use soon so it dosent go stale. as far as i know it is 250-300 over two intakes this year

panels can run for years and have several thousand on it

i would imagine the 2015 and 2016 intake will be from this recruitment drive. a campaign such as this is very very pricey and they will squeeze every drop from it

• Advertisement

if you look at it in a way that they are taking on 500 then there is hope. I wouldn't care if I had to wait 2 or 3 years to get in as long as I knew that I would eventually be heading for Templemore

Advertisement