Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

What do ya' think, is this a realistic speed in that segment? :eek:

http://app.strava.com/rides/8237192#151011694

It's a pity he hasn't stated his and his bike's weight, the power numbers would be quite impressive I believe.

edit: never mind, that 50km/h kom on that segment has been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

folks, anyone know a valid 3months freebie code?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

buffalo wrote: »
    No response a week later. And my Corkagh park ride is inaccessible too. Frustrating!

Garmin replied! Apparently my device is filling up - I'm not sure why there's no "disk space low" error. However, the advice they sent (and I followed, stupidly blindly) means that my device is completely reset and profile free. yaaay!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Nice of Strava to inform me of this :(...."Uh oh! You just lost your KOM on Summerhill-Kilcock to Ryan Sherlock by 3 minutes 21 seconds."

Still, I can't think of a more honourable way of losing it than by Mr. KOM himself (and 4 others) in a stage of The RAS, and I still find it hard to believe that an old codger like me held it for the previous 6 weeks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Peadarmac1

No shame in that, probably worth printing it and getting it framed, LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

I've a segment where I'm 2 whole seconds ahead of Ryan.

I'm thinking of having it put on a t-shirt.

Please, nobody mention the fact that he had probably done 200k, was cycling with one wheel, was texting while eating a burger and was on a Fixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

That's what it has come to - spending Sundays (mostly) waiting for the email to let you know the last of your few KOMs has been demolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i have a 3rd fastest time on slight downhill than ryan, dont tell him i reckon with his tt bike he could kom the bloody thing, wouldnt be bad if strava had a race tick in the log when you edit your rides, i know alot pro's said they didnt care about kom's and just wanted fans to have access to their rides.

manafana wrote: »
    i have a 3rd fastest time on slight downhill than ryan, dont tell him i reckon with his tt bike he could kom the bloody thing, wouldnt be bad if strava had a race tick in the log when you edit your rides, i know alot pro's said they didnt care about kom's and just wanted fans to have access to their rides.

I'd support that feature, for our own amateur races too. Or a solo tick. Does Strava have a feature request/suggestion page?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

https://strava.zendesk.com/home

submit a request up top just done it myself, the more who do the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

I'd support that feature, for our own amateur races too. Or a solo tick. Does Strava have a feature request/suggestion page?

You need to go here:
    https://strava.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

and choose the 'I need help with:' Features-Suggestion option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Out of curiosity (ok, it was desperation) over the weekend I selected the Strava option to order a segment by age group and my position on the leaderboard jumped several places. Yay! I ordered it by weight class instead and I dropped to about my previous position. Boo! I'm left to conclude that my cycling routes are favoured by mainly skinny auld fellas. Unless I can somehow encourage them to stay at home eating bowls of lard with their Complan I think the only way for me to fare better in the leaderboards is to lie about my age - it's not cheating really, I really do feel about 120yrs old at the top of some of those climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

jimm wrote: »
    Nice of Strava to inform me of this :(...."Uh oh! You just lost your KOM on Summerhill-Kilcock to Ryan Sherlock by 3 minutes 21 seconds."

Still, I can't think of a more honourable way of losing it than by Mr. KOM himself (and 4 others) in a stage of The RAS, and I still find it hard to believe that an old codger like me held it for the previous 6 weeks. :D
    Yeah got one of them messages myself on fri evening.
    Beasty took mine. Took him a few weeks of trying to get it all the same.
    Awaiting response now......

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RO 06 wrote: »
    Awaiting response now......
    .....sorry:o

you know I don't mean it
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

Got my first KOM yesterday... See if it lasts for a few days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Jawgap wrote: »
    Going to give it a blast - probably more do-able than the cllimbing challenge (for me, anyway:))

I see you can't count turbo miles towards the total.

Congratulations on completing that!!!! Now go have a beer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bechermann

Got my Edge 500 yesterday, first spin out with it today, and first KOM! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

$10 dollars off a subscription

TTALISON10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Can't believe I missed a KOM (if you could call it a "M"!!) by one poxy second! Seamus I'll be back to get that one!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

g0g wrote: »
    Can't believe I missed a KOM (if you could call it a "M"!!) by one poxy second! Seamus I'll be back to get that one!!
    I missed one by 5 seconds on Monday (over a 4 minute segment) and 3 seconds on Tuesday - I reckon 2 more attempts and I'll have it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Started using Strava but cannot find Boards.ie in the clubs section. Even though I can find it through some of the maps, I cannot see how to join.

jaqian wrote: »
    Started using Strava but cannot find Boards.ie in the clubs section. Even though I can find it through some of the maps, I cannot see how to join.

http://app.strava.com/clubs/boards-ie and click join :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

g0g wrote: »
    I suppose I'll have to go out and have a proper go at it so :p

Actually it's right outside my house and I ride up the thing every day. In reality it's not the best segment because there's a roundabout in the middle of it but you usually don't have to stop on it.

http://app.strava.com/clubs/boards-ie and click join :)

Thanks for the link. Maybe im going blind but I cannot see *join* anywhere. Is it a premium feature? Sorry for all this :-)

Thanks for the link. Maybe im going blind but I cannot see *join* anywhere. Is it a premium feature? Sorry for all this :-)

oh. For me, if I leave, it appears just to the right of the jersey, underneath
    Boards.ie
    (Flag) Ireland
    For posters to the cycling forum on Boards.ie

Actually, according to http://app.strava.com/premium it's premium only, sorry, had forgotten that completely. Keep an eye for codes in here, you'll get in eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Actually, according to http://app.strava.com/premium it's premium only, sorry, had forgotten that completely. Keep an eye for codes in here, you'll get in eventually.

That's changed. I'm sure I had access before I got the free premium service.

Lumen wrote: »

Well that explains why I'd forgotten it, I never knew it in the first place! Does that mean we'll be ejected when our premium trials run out?

Lumen wrote: »

Well that explains why I'd forgotten it, I never knew it in the first place! Does that mean we'll be ejected when our premium trials run out?

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled so :-)

• Advertisement

I've lost all my Donegal KOHs to other riders who were also racing over the weekend.

The only one which wasn't beaten by anyone else in the race was Glengesh, and the Rás riders have all the top spots there already! :(

...I think I may be addicted to Strava. Is there a cure?

Advertisement