Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options
1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lumen wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Strava auto-pauses permanently on my Galaxy S7?

I've disabled the battery usage checking thing so it's not that.

I can't get my auto pause to work on my Samsung s7. I only got it last week and it never auto paused on the GDBR last weekend.

Is there a setting I should be changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I can't get my auto pause to work on my Samsung s7. I only got it last week and it never auto paused on the GDBR last weekend.

Is there a setting I should be changing?

Ok, I found the answer. We have the opposite problem but the solution is the same. Turn off auto pause using the Settings button in Record Activity. Your stops will be edited out when you upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lumen wrote: »
    Ok, I found the answer. We have the opposite problem but the solution is the same. Turn off auto pause using the Settings button in Record Activity. Your stops will be edited out when you upload.

Excellent thanks. Do you have a link to where you read that by any chance?

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Excellent thanks. Do you have a link to where you read that by any chance?

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000013864?mobile_site=true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Kind of related, strava autopaused on me recently and gave me a segment time of 9 minutes with moving time of 6.30 ish. It was on a very steep section and I was going at a crawling pace. Just wondering if it can be corrected? Flybys shows me zigzagging slowly up the hill on the segment.
    I don't care about taking 9 minutes but I didn't stop for 2:30. Petty, I know

• Advertisement

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Kind of related, strava autopaused on me recently and gave me a segment time of 9 minutes with moving time of 6.30 ish. It was on a very steep section and I was going at a crawling pace. Just wondering if it can be corrected? Flybys shows me zigzagging slowly up the hill on the segment.
    I don't care about taking 9 minutes but I didn't stop for 2:30. Petty, I know
    Strava support suggests disabling autopause if you're a slow runner.

To answer your question, it can be "corrected" by doing it again with autopause off. :pac:

Advertisement