Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

There is a lack of covered, outdoor seating. It's a ****ing disgrace as it forbids any social atmosphere outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ag students blabbing away in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Parking! Parking! Parking!
    Went back home after 1h "hunting" for space to park!
    well..., not exactly home - Dundrum shopping centre ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Ag students blabbing away in the library.

This has been a common occurrence for years. There should be some sort of study done on why Ag students can't sit still for more than ten minutes without looking for attention.

/massive generalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    This has been a common occurrence for years. There should be some sort of study done on why Ag students can't sit still for more than ten minutes without looking for attention.

Some Ag students are feckin' sick. Had a lab there once and some of the crap they were saying...

Anyway, people leaving their laptops to charge and leaving them for 3+ hours. Someday I'm just going to disconnect some of them and stack them on the book shelves. Annoys the hell outta me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

You mean cant pay vs wont pay?

UCD don't care if you cannot pay. It's stupid. I'd pay in installments if I had the chance but I've to pay it in one big lump

BX 19 wrote: »
    UCD don't care if you cannot pay. It's stupid. I'd pay in installments if I had the chance but I've to pay it in one big lump

I think you can pay in up to three installments if you are a postgrad and I presume you can pay in two installments if you are a undergraduate although it is still quite a bit it does take the heat off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

I think you can pay in up to three installments if you are a postgrad and I presume you can pay in two installments if you are a undergraduate although it is still quite a bit it does take the heat off a bit.

The SU actually got it changed so undergraduates only need to pay one third of your fees to get into the library, makes it a little bit more manageable at least: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fee_payment_dates.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

That 1 lecturer who doesnt put up any notes on blackboard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Smokers outside Newman building. It's a no smoking area. F u c k off elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Mix_Tape

Is library still off limits for peasants who haven't paid there fees?

Peasants?? Considering you're still having difficulty understanding the difference between 'there' and 'their', i presume you're having difficulty accessing the library yourself? :o

Mix_Tape wrote: »

Peasants?? Considering you're still having difficulty understanding the difference between 'there' and 'their', i presume you're having difficulty accessing the library yourself? :o

I don't think you know how pronouns work either.

I don't think you know how pronouns work either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

ucd problem: i want to buy a chisel - no hardware shop on campus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You're grammer is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

another big irritation is whenever you sit in the restarant and there are all mongs sitting around you talking bollox and laughing like morons when you want to eat your dinner

usually its some rugby enthusiast in a poncy cardigan laughing like a giraffe at his own jokes

or a bunch of airhead birds screeching about whatever one of their friends happens to be absent from the group and what a grotbag she is

these knobs have no place in a university

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Students- adults! - who are talking next to you when somebody is trying to explain things. The lack of respect for everybody else, in particular for the teacher, is confounding. The smaller the class, the more embarrassing it is to see such disrespect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

We have a module which was supposed to have an assignment due 'mid-semester', then a large assignment due week 12. However, the lecturer has thus far made no mention of this mid-semester assignment, and our tutors have no information about it either. Mid-semester is two weeks away!

If the lecturer has decided to abandon this assignment, or both of them, then that's fine. But it's a bit of a joke that he hasn't let us know anything by the end of week 4.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    We have a module which was supposed to have an assignment due 'mid-semester', then a large assignment due week 12. However, the lecturer has thus far made no mention of this mid-semester assignment, and our tutors have no information about it either. Mid-semester is two weeks away!

If the lecturer has decided to abandon this assignment, or both of them, then that's fine. But it's a bit of a joke that he hasn't let us know anything by the end of week 4.

There are two weeks off this semester so you will have plenty of time to do it if it is announced in week 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

You're grammer is terrible.

:eek:

• Advertisement

There are two weeks off this semester so you will have plenty of time to do it if it is announced in week 6.

We were under the impression that the assignment would be due in week 6. If he announced it in week 6 to be handed in after the break that would be fine.

We were under the impression that the assignment would be due in week 6. If he announced it in week 6 to be handed in after the break that would be fine.

Why don't you just ask him instead of the tutors?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

Nowhere for undergraduates to microwave food and getting treated like dirt for having the gall to ask can you use the postgrad microwaves.

I'm in for most of the day as I work near UCD and a few sandwiches don't really suffice for a whole days eating.

Maldesu wrote: »
    Why don't you just ask him instead of the tutors?

He just doesn't answer emails and he rushes off after lectures. We've tried!

Just ask him in the lecture rather that at the end or at the start so he can't bolt. If he says you're not being polite etc, just say neither is he by not answering email/allowing questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Arts students complaining about work they have to do is really funny

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    Arts students complaining about work they have to do is really funny

Hilarious.

Funny to see someone having a negatively marked MCQ on quantitative economics on Wednesday, followed by an 5 thousand word essay on the interpretation of middle English literature due on the Friday. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

No offence but how about just do the assignment.

No offence but how about just do the assignment.

There's no question on BB. We literally have nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Irrelevant modules. Currently stressing over what is essentially philosophy + history (and extremely vague in general) because it's a core module in my languages course. If it's so essential that languages students study this, I don't know why they didn't track down anyone studying 2+ languages rather than just those in the course itself. This crap won't get me a job, but it can certainly pull down my GPA if the 25% exam tomorrow goes badly. :rolleyes:

Advertisement