Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I seriously doubt it, two different maufacturers

I have an old Edison that's not great on the Saoeview, so do you think it's possible to take the sat tuner out of that and solder it into the 120 or vice versa I know it's cheaper to buy another box with all the hassle but I like a challenge

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

You are probably right Tony
    can I loop one through the other from the loop connection at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Hi Folks

My FA 120 had been working really well but in the last few weeks I seem to be getting an issue where the Saorview channels (in particular TV3) break up and while sound remains perfect, the picture either freezes or pixelates. However there is no issue with TG4/UTVIreland and neither is there any problem with the sat channels.

I did a rescan of the channels in case there was an issue with retuning but there is no difference.

I have no issue with the saorview channels elsewhere in the house - built in tuner in TV.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

scout353 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

My FA 120 had been working really well but in the last few weeks I seem to be getting an issue where the Saorview channels (in particular TV3) break up and while sound remains perfect, the picture either freezes or pixelates. However there is no issue with TG4/UTVIreland and neither is there any problem with the sat channels.

I did a rescan of the channels in case there was an issue with retuning but there is no difference.

I have no issue with the saorview channels elsewhere in the house - built in tuner in TV.

Any help appreciated.

When on the TV3 channel press the white/grey button in the bottom right hand corner of the remote, it pulls up a signal meter. If this fluctuating madly then it is your aerial. Sensitivity of tuners within TV's and boxes differ greatly, so whilst one is working the other might not. It would point to an aerial setup barely above the threshold margins for solid reception.

It could also be a cable problem, or splitter issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Could anyone suggest a WiFi dongle that would work with Ariva 120?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Is that one ok for the 120 ? I ask as it lists from 150 up . You could ring satworld and they would know for sure.

Nowso wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Tony wrote: »
    Is that one ok for the 120 ? I ask as it lists from 150 up . You could ring satworld and they would know for sure.
    DOES NOT WORK WITH 120 / 210 / 220 COMBOS.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/281134872367

Info down the page

Also the 153 dongle is not suitable
    Note: Not Compatible with Ferguson Ariva 120, 210 & 220 Combo Receivers
    http://www.freetv.ie/ferguson-ariva-153-wifi-dongle.html

My Mistake wifi does not work on the 120

talkabout wrote: »
    Could anyone suggest a WiFi dongle that would work with Ariva 120?

Thanks

Vonets VAP11G

• Advertisement

there are no wifi drivers installed in the 120 i think

anyone using a 120 still needs to upgrade imo

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

My mate had his 120 running on tp link plugs at least I think thats what they were called, worked great for nearly 2 years, might be an option for you instead of wifi

Yes I know several working on home plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

As it happens, I have 3 homeplugs for sale on adverts.ie ... they are the older models (85mbps) and not compatible with more recent models (200mbps, 500mbps) but certainly did the job for me (including on my Ariva 120).

http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/3-powerline-ethernet-adapters-85mbps-aka-homeplugs/9134140

STB. wrote: »
    When on the TV3 channel press the white/grey button in the bottom right hand corner of the remote, it pulls up a signal meter. If this fluctuating madly then it is your aerial. Sensitivity of tuners within TV's and boxes differ greatly, so whilst one is working the other might not. It would point to an aerial setup barely above the threshold margins for solid reception.

It could also be a cable problem, or splitter issue.

I did that and the channel is showing very strong signal. Then after a few minutes it drops to 70%. It then fluctuated for a qwile before returning to 90+%.

The installation is solid as the person who did it has an extremely good reputation and moved my saorview aerial to a new location to get a maximum reception. He spent a lot of time checking the signal from various locations.

I might check the internal connection at the wallplate - perhaps there is a poor connection there!

Thanks again.

By the way does anyone have an updated channel list - some of the channels on the one I have have changed frequency and I have a few dead channels.

do a blind scan all new ones will appear at the end and then move them around

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patrickglen

LordSutch wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been covered back in the thread, but an interesting thing has happened with my Ariva120 recently.

One evening we went to turn it on and nothing happened - dead. I plugged it out, plugged it in again, disconnected the HDD (powered), but still nothing, so we left it overnight, and in the morning I tried again but still zilch, absolutely nothing = totally dead :cool:

Then I had a thought, maybe, just maybe the HDMI output is dead (but the SCART still alive)? and low and behold I was right. The HDMI output was/is totally dead but the SCART is working just fine :-)

Happy days, and even though we've lost our HD picture we still have a working box.
    I have the same Ariva 120 problem, HDMI output not working but SCART works perfectly. Any suggestions? Can I fix it or where could I get it repaired [in Dublin]?

Try a factory re set first as it may just be the output setting is not correct . its worthwhile taking a dump/backup file onto a USB stick so you can re store your channel list.

I have the same Ariva 120 problem, HDMI output not working but SCART works perfectly. Any suggestions? Can I fix it or where could I get it repaired [in Dublin]?

Download the latest firmware and unzip it to a usb key/HDD and insert in box, go to menu and upgrade, choose allcode and bootloader, let it flash and get to 100% box reboots and HDMi should be working.

Firmware has become corrupt.

• Advertisement

Hi STB I have downloaded the software which appears as an .abs file on my sd card. I inserted the USB adaptor+4gb sd card, selected Allcode+bootloader and selected Start but it has not started to download. It remains at 0% for 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

Can you see the name of the file you put on the card on the screen ?

Hi STB I have downloaded the software which appears as an .abs file on my sd card. I inserted the USB adaptor+4gb sd card, selected Allcode+bootloader and selected Start but it has not started to download. It remains at 0% for 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

it needs to be at the root of the usb and not on a folder

THANKS LordSutch,STB,Nowso, and Tony. LordSutch suggested trying the Scart connection as the Arriva 120 appeared faulty on HDMI which was the only output I had used. The had remote worked and the channel numbers changed but nothing on the screen. I downloaded the update a 2nd time onto a different USB stick and this time it worked! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Can kodi be installed on this.

Phil.x wrote: »
    Can kodi be installed on this.

no

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

I am loosing EPG (Guide data) for some channels on ariva 120 . Example channels 1-50 might be working fine with EPG. Then 51-70 might have no EPG. If I reboot the box the EPG will reappear, but then I loose it for other channels like 1-10 etc. Very annoying. I have about 150 channels installed between astra , hotbird , saorview etc. All have EPG at times but never all together if this makes any sense.

Any help would be appreciated

epg is an issue with them boxs . id look into an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

anyone have a channel list for the 120?
    I'm running A120Combo_20130402_V2.18B8

Thanks Iain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Tony wrote: »
    No problem, there are one of two channels missing I'm afraid though as it was done while I was working elsewhere and there seemed to be a transponder missing (CNN I think) in that workshop , anyway its a good starting point https://www.mediafire.com/?7g3p2o1hoq93xfi

#champion

Advertisement