Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

can be done for the ferguson firmware i think

see if it still works

id still think about upgrading to box with better picture quality etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Can you save your existing TV listings before you do a firmware upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You can but its risky as it may corrupt the firmware when your restore using user.db as the databases are not always compatible between firmware versions.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Can you save your existing TV listings before you do a firmware upgrade?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Nowso wrote: »
    can be done for the ferguson firmware i think

see if it still works

id still think about upgrading to box with better picture quality etc

What would be a better box? I have two 120s and would be interested to see if there was anything substantially better out there. The 120s annoy me with their clunkiness generally and I presume all of these type of boxes are the same?

Compared to a sky box, they are so slow and messy from a UI/software perspective... but it is to be expected I suppose.

Probably best to start a new thread on that question as it would drag this one off topic discussing other makes/models.

Uriel. wrote: »
    What would be a better box? I have two 120s and would be interested to see if there was anything substantially better out there. The 120s annoy me with their clunkiness generally and I presume all of these type of boxes are the same?

Compared to a sky box, they are so slow and messy from a UI/software perspective... but it is to be expected I suppose.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »

the 120 boxs are not as good as the more recent Fergusons . in picture quality etc

there are then boxs like sab/amiko allien that are still not new boxs but are still supported with firmware updates , but have a better picture quality and are open to a lot more expension of its functions if you so wish

there are other linux based boxes which are popular now zgemma and edidon optimus 3

there are Technomates linux/non-linux boxs that may suit you more dependent on what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks again thats what I'm searching for no luck so far

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/func-startdown/1688/

Hope that is what you mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Thanks a million Johnboy
    I will play with it over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks a million Johnboy
    I will play with it over the weekend

Hi folks
    Anyone ever done a ota firmware update with ariva 120? Trying it now to see if it might solve non responsive remote control... Been stuck on 'collecting information' for last five minutes

Thanks
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks
    Anyone ever done a ota firmware update with ariva 120? Trying it now to see if it might solve non responsive remote control... Been stuck on 'collecting information' for last five minutes

Thanks
    Mick

Failed... Wonder do I need different frequency to download from?

• Advertisement

I'd strongly suggest using a USB key rather than online update , its much more reliable.

Failed... Wonder do I need different frequency to download from?

I did a factory reset and now it has usb upgrade greyed out, I have a null modem cable so will play with that but not 100% sure what way to do it or the sequence I need to do it in
    I have a loader for it at least I think I do
    I have Aviva_hd_combo_upgrader, allshares.dat and A120combo_20130402.v2.18b8.abs
    any suggestions

Hi guys
    I got it back working but I need a recent channel list anyone got one please

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Brian P

My box has suddenly stopped responding to the remote.The box continues to work perfectly with the box controls.I have replaced the batteries in the remote but no joy.Will a replacement remote sort the problem or is there a possibility of the box's remote sensor failing? Thanks.

could be remote but , i think a few people have had issues with the sensor failure

might be time to upgrade eitherway imo

to a newer ferguson or linux box

Unfortunately it could be either the box or the remote . If you have a camera in your phone point the remote at it and you should the led at the end light up when a button is pressed.

Brian P wrote: »
    My box has suddenly stopped responding to the remote.The box continues to work perfectly with the box controls.I have replaced the batteries in the remote but no joy.Will a replacement remote sort the problem or is there a possibility of the box's remote sensor failing? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Brian P

Thanks guys.
    When I press the remote the led at the end of the remote lights up, so does that mean that the remote is ok and the box sensor is the problem ie new box required?

yes its the box more than likely

look into an upgrade to a new ferguson or a linux box . both will have a bit better picture quality to the 120

Hi Brian
    look closely at the buttons on the remote there may be a bit of dirt holding a button pressed in happen to me a few times
    on another note if you get sorted could you please go to menu, installation, antenna setup, lnb frequency and tell me what it says mine says 5150-5750 and further down says 22k off so I can't get many channels
    any help greatly appreciated
    Good luck
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Hi darklordsbane, the LNB Freq should be set to Universal (9750-10600). That's the set up I have and I receive all channels without any issues.

• Advertisement

Thanks Strawberry HillBilly
    I've been looking for that info for a while now had almost given up it's scanning now so fingers crossed
    Thanks again will let you know how I get on
    Regards
    D

Hi Again
    I think the tuner is gone or nearly gone in this 120 box, I can't get a signal on any of the utv, itv, bbc, ch4,c h5 more 4 etc etc
    astra 2 transponders in the 10000 region all fail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Hi Again
    I think the tuner is gone or nearly gone in this 120 box, I can't get a signal on any of the utv, itv, bbc, ch4,c h5 more 4 etc etc

Can you borrow a friends known working box to confirm if it's the box or LNB at fault?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "10000 region" ?

Can you borrow a friends known working box to confirm if it's the box or LNB at fault?

Hi Gerry
    yes i have a couple of other boxes all work fine on this configuration
    thanks
    D

Tony wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "10000 region" ?

Hi Tony
    transponders
    10229V22000,10714H22000,10719V22000,10759V22000,10818V22000,10847V23000,10892H22000,
    10906V22000,11127V22000,12188H27500

As you well know, these are bbc utv ch4 ch5 itv2,3,4 more 4 e4 film 4 etc I can't get any of these with the Avira 120 but can get them all on 3 Technomates and an Edison,
    I get the terrestrial saorview no problem and a load of $ channels no problem but not fta really annoying me

I've even brought the 120 to my dads just to be sure to be sure didn't pick them up there either
    very strange
    any ideas
    Regards
    D

May well be the tuner unit in the 120 . Try a factory re set to see if it makes any difference .

Hi Tony
    transponders
    10229V22000,10714H22000,10719V22000,10759V22000,10818V22000,10847V23000,10892H22000,
    10906V22000,11127V22000,12188H27500

As you well know, these are bbc utv ch4 ch5 itv2,3,4 more 4 e4 film 4 etc I can't get any of these with the Avira 120 but can get them all on 3 Technomates and an Edison,
    I get the terrestrial saorview no problem and a load of $ channels no problem but not fta really annoying me

I've even brought the 120 to my dads just to be sure to be sure didn't pick them up there either
    very strange
    any ideas
    Regards
    D

Tony wrote: »
    May well be the tuner unit in the 120 . Try a factory re set to see if it makes any difference .

Hi Tony
    I did a factory reset but no joy
    Regards
    D

Then tuner is faulty I'm afraid

Hi Tony
    I did a factory reset but no joy
    Regards
    D

• Advertisement

I have an old Edison that's not great on the Saoeview, so do you think it's possible to take the sat tuner out of that and solder it into the 120 or vice versa I know it's cheaper to buy another box with all the hassle but I like a challenge

Advertisement