Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

How do i do a reboot?

Switch off & on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Mine is having a problem with no sound on terrestrial. Have tried restarting but without success. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Try re booting and if that dopes not help delete the terrestrial channels and re scan them.

Mine is having a problem with no sound on terrestrial. Have tried restarting but without success. Any thoughts?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry for late reply but after coming back from holiday a week later the box worked after I plugged it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

any links for the latest firmware, my box seems to be very buggy of late, I haven't updated the firmware in about a year I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

any links for the latest firmware, my box seems to be very buggy of late, I haven't updated the firmware in about a year I'd say

It is on the Ferguson.pl website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Is it easy up date the firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Yes

Read the very first post in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭paddydu

Hi Can anyone help me please. I bought this box exactly 2 years ago and it has worked great up until last Sunday. Firstly over the last 6 weeks it started to flick on and off only on the satellite channels now and again and sometimes I would have to turn it on and off. Then on Sunday morning I put the telly on and it is saying no signal. The terrestrial Irish channels are working fine it is just all the free to air satellite channels that are gone (no Signal). I have tried a rescan but it is not picking anything up. The dish is solidly fixed. How can I tell if the problem is the Lnb or the box itself before I go spending any money on it. Also I think the box should last more than two years, I live alone and only have it on in the evenings and occasionally in the day at the weekends. Anybody any ideas.... Thank you Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Could you get a loan of another box that works,and connect it up to your telly and if its working then a faulty dish can be ruled out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

paddydu wrote: »
    Hi Can anyone help me please. I bought this box exactly 2 years ago and it has worked great up until last Sunday. Firstly over the last 6 weeks it started to flick on and off only on the satellite channels now and again and sometimes I would have to turn it on and off. Then on Sunday morning I put the telly on and it is saying no signal. The terrestrial Irish channels are working fine it is just all the free to air satellite channels that are gone (no Signal). I have tried a rescan but it is not picking anything up. The dish is solidly fixed. How can I tell if the problem is the Lnb or the box itself before I go spending any money on it. Also I think the box should last more than two years, I live alone and only have it on in the evenings and occasionally in the day at the weekends. Anybody any ideas.... Thank you Paddy

Paddy are you sure that your dish hasnt moved in the high winds ?

If the channels are loaded on the box still, press the white button that says edit down the bottom (whilst on a satellite channel). Its a signal meter.

Check the connection into the back of the box to see it hasnt come loose.

To fully eliminate a box issue you could try another satellite box (should you have one).

extract the .abs file from the zipped one you downloaded to a USB stick. Put stick in USB slot on box. Go to tools menu, upgrade by usb, choose allcode+bootloader, click down to start. Wait til 100%. Reboot box.

I pressed edit and it i showing 36% intensity and quality 10% all connections are good. I have thought about moving dish (as It is on my balcony) but it seems to be solidly fixed to wall, I mean yeah it could have moved but I doubt it. I don't have another box to try but I tried to get one today from Tesco a cheap digital box that I could just bring back after using it to do a test but the only one they had left was a freeview with no Dish connection. I was reluctant to move dish because I dont have a meter to put it right if it wasn't that. Alo it did start going off and the last 6 weeks.. maybe it is the wind??

STB wrote: »
    Paddy are you sure that your dish hasnt moved in the high winds ?

If the channels are loaded on the box still, press the white button that says edit down the bottom (whilst on a satellite channel). Its a signal meter.

Check the connection into the back of the box to see it hasnt come loose.

To fully eliminate a box issue you could try another satellite box (should you have one).

my reply is above
    :confused:

20/20 wrote: »
    Could you get a loan of another box that works,and connect it up to your telly and if its working then a faulty dish can be ruled out

Hard for me to get another box but I am looking for one cheap that I could try

I pressed edit and it i showing 36% intensity and quality 10% all connections are good. I have thought about moving dish (as It is on my balcony) but it seems to be solidly fixed to wall, I mean yeah it could have moved but I doubt it. I don't have another box to try but I tried to get one today from Tesco a cheap digital box that I could just bring back after using it to do a test but the only one they had left was a freeview with no Dish connection. I was reluctant to move dish because I dont have a meter to put it right if it wasn't that. Alo it did start going off and the last 6 weeks.. maybe it is the wind??

How is the cable coming in from the balcony ? Are you using one of those flat cable joins ?

Honestly if its not the cable, my second guess is the dish. The cable going to the lnb is also secure ? Check that the dish cant move by pushing it ever so slighly (whilst the box is on a satellite channel - if the channel comes alive then you know its the dish)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Hard for me to get another box but I am looking for one cheap that I could try
    Why not take your box to a friends house and see if it works there before buying another.

Well I got hol;d of another working receiver and now I know its not the receiver cos that don't work. The dish I have moved ever so slightly and still nothing so I think it must be the lnb. The cable connection to the lnb will not budge it looks well weathered so I think I will have to get another lnb and cable plus connecters. The other box I got I will put in the bedroom and connect it to the new lnb when I get one. The lnb on the arm was a sky MK4L with 4 connecting points should I get the same one again and will I be able to just connect a second cable to it to the second box in another room. Oh and can I just get a length of cable and cut the length I want and put connecters on it Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

. . . The lnb on the arm was a sky MK4L with 4 connecting points should I get the same one again and will I be able to just connect a second cable to it to the second box in another room. Oh and can I just get a length of cable and cut the length I want and put connecters on it

Not that Sky LNBs are overly expensive or anything but, if it was me, I would try another cable on 1 of the unused outputs of the existing 1, before condemning it.

Also, did you check that the dish wasn't loose in the up & down (elevation) direction, as well as side-to-side (azimuth)?

• Advertisement

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Not that Sky LNBs are overly expensive or anything but, if it was me, I would try another cable on 1 of the unused outputs of the existing 1, before condemning it.

Also, did you check that the dish wasn't loose in the up & down (elevation) direction, as well as side-to-side (azimuth)?

I did that I tried another cable on all 3 of the other connectors still nowt. The dish is real solid I remember when it went up 2 years ago I double checked that it was properly bolted by the guy who put it on the wall for me. I had to undue the bolts just to move a touch and they were proper tight. Thanks.
    I have just ordered another Lnb and plenty of cable because now I will put this other box I got for a tenner (Old FreeSat box) in the bedroom and at last be able to to listen to radio 5 live with interference from the Luas goin past my place at night on the old FM/AM radio!!

BTW I am really pleased it isn't the box because I think this box was a great buy 2 year ago (I bought it in January 2012) and it has saved me money by not having to have cable and it has worked great and simple to use.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your offers of advice and support, where would you get it? The problem was the Lnb as I deduced from trying the €10 fressat box I bought. Now I have the freesat box working perfectly in my bedroom and my old ariva120 box working great in the livingroom. To think I bought my Ariva box for €89 brand new just over 2 years ago and fitted the dish myself all for a cost of €120 in total..where would you get it? 2 years on and my whole system has not only well paid for itself but improved as well! If anyone wants any help in doing things on a shoestring just ask me? Why pay through the nose. Thank you all again Paddydu

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does anyone happen to have an up-to-date channel list for the 120?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Hi All
    I hooked up a 2nd hand Ferguson ariva 120 for a mate of mine last week, got it to work discovered couldn't get Setanta and Bt sports got everything else fine. I have it connected to the internet the problem is I updated the firmware and channel list but the settings got changed what I need to know is
    I cannot find where I should enter the server name, password, port number, I had the same problem last week but stumbled across where to put the port number by accciddent stupidly I didn't write it down how to get there again.
    It was a page that looked very like network ddns settings but it didn't have wildcard on it and it did have port on it
    My head is wreaked with this, any help greatly appreciated
    Regards
    D

Does anyone happen to have an up-to-date channel list for the 120?

Do you still need this as I've just worked on one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

I would like a new channel list please Tony as I'm on software 2.18b8 but channel list 2.15b5 at least I think that might be why I can't get into tools to change where to put my line password port number etc

Tony wrote: »
    Do you still need this as I've just worked on one ?

Yes Tony. It'd be great if you could post it. It's for my mum's STB. Loads of channels are duplicated and I haven't had time to sit down and manually get it in order.

No problem, there are one of two channels missing I'm afraid though as it was done while I was working elsewhere and there seemed to be a transponder missing (CNN I think) in that workshop , anyway its a good starting point https://www.mediafire.com/?7g3p2o1hoq93xfi

• Advertisement

Thanks a million!

Advertisement