Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

There is no update since the last one in April of 2013

Plascebo wrote: »
    I notice there are new updates for the 250 and 150, would anyone have the latest update for the 120?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think a few channels need frequencies adjusted. If I get time over the next while I'll try and update your last file Tony and upload here.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Great thanks . I'd do it but don't have a 120 here right now.

astrofluff wrote: »
    I think a few channels need frequencies adjusted. If I get time over the next while I'll try and update your last file Tony and upload here.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Hey,

I completely wrecked my 120 today being an idiot.
    Has anyone got 218B8 firmware+channel list that I could get?
    Alternatively can I downgrade firmware and use old firmware+channel list if someone has that?

Thanks

Just use the last file posted on this thread and then manually add any channels that you are missing.

Hey,

I completely wrecked my 120 today being an idiot.
    Has anyone got 218B8 firmware+channel list that I could get?
    Alternatively can I downgrade firmware and use old firmware+channel list if someone has that?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Tony wrote: »
    Just use the last file posted on this thread and then manually add any channels that you are missing.

thanks tony, downloaded your latest file.
    when i go to Upgrade by USB the abs file doesnt appear in Upgrade File list.

the drive is ok, cause i originally wrecked the box by upgrading to ferguson firmware using usb

any thoughts?

Have you selected "allcode and bootloader" ?

thanks tony, downloaded your latest file.
    when i go to Upgrade by USB the abs file doesnt appear in Upgrade File list.

the drive is ok, cause i originally wrecked the box by upgrading to ferguson firmware using usb

any thoughts?

Tony wrote: »
    Have you selected "allcode and bootloader" ?

Yeah had that selected. It worked once I removed the "." from "2.18"

All good now, thanks Tony

Glad you got sorted out

Yeah had that selected. It worked once I removed the "." from "2.18"

All good now, thanks Tony

Hi Tony,

Is it possible to use a channel file from another Ariva box on the 120 Combo?

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm afraid not

Hi Tony,

Is it possible to use a channel file from another Ariva box on the 120 Combo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I need to setup a channel list on the Ariva 120.
    Does anyone have a channel list that they could upload which includes UTV Ireland to avoid me having to mess around with it?

UTV Ireland is a terrestrial channel and different frequency in each area so a channel list will not help you . Just do an automatic terrestrial scan and it will be added to the end of your "all channels" list.
    comet wrote: »
    I need to setup a channel list on the Ariva 120.
    Does anyone have a channel list that they could upload which includes UTV Ireland to avoid me having to mess around with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Ok thanks Tony, will check out your last upload so, cheers

Hi Tony, if you don't mind I need a little help updating the channels on the 120 without doing a full blind scan:

I attempted an update by dumping the abs file, opening in Ariva editor and attempting to edit the following for say, ITV London HD:

Original
    Changed to
    Service ID 10000 ---> 21000
    Video Pid 2311
    > 2305 (lyngsat website says 23.5? for some reason)
    PCR PID 2311
    > 2305

Audio Pid1 2313
    > 2307
    Audio Pid2 2312
    > 2306

I get all the information from the Lyngsat website

When I load back the file using userdb, and selecting the new file, nothing changes on the box. Am I to change other information as well? Or should I try adding the channels through another method?

Now, I had a quick look at satellites on my list - has there been new satellites added up there in space that need to be added to the list to get the moved channels???

I'd say the easiest thing to do would be just delete the channel and then do a single transponder scan. Then you can use the channel editor either on the box or on your pc to get the channels in the right order. Don't worry about the satellite list, transponders are all that matters.

Hi Tony, if you don't mind I need a little help updating the channels on the 120 without doing a full blind scan:

I attempted an update by dumping the abs file, opening in Ariva editor and attempting to edit the following for say, ITV London HD:

Original
    Changed to
    Service ID 10000 ---> 21000
    Video Pid 2311
    > 2305 (lyngsat website says 23.5? for some reason)
    PCR PID 2311
    > 2305

Audio Pid1 2313
    > 2307
    Audio Pid2 2312
    > 2306

I get all the information from the Lyngsat website

When I load back the file using userdb, and selecting the new file, nothing changes on the box. Am I to change other information as well? Or should I try adding the channels through another method?

Now, I had a quick look at satellites on my list - has there been new satellites added up there in space that need to be added to the list to get the moved channels???

Cool, will give it a go. Must go through and check all the missing channels first. Might take a while but still quicker than have to re-organise a full scan's worth!

Thanks!

No worries , there's a list a few pages back that might be a useful starting point but if its only a few channels you are missing its not really worth the bother.

Cool, will give it a go. Must go through and check all the missing channels first. Might take a while but still quicker than have to re-organise a full scan's worth!

Thanks!

Yep, I used that one (way back then to update the box) which you kindly provided - I'll merely be updating it. :)

Cool, maybe if you have time you could post up the updated file.

Yep, I used that one (way back then to update the box) which you kindly provided - I'll merely be updating it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scruffystack

Hi, I just got hold of a Ferguson 120 off a friend and tried setting it up. A few issues.
    When I try to scan in the Irish channels it doesn't give me an option for Ireland, there are French, German,polish and so on but no Irish. Would I need to update the firmware on this box via USB?
    I actually was able to get some of the Irish channels anyway but the signal was terrible and choppy, would this again be firmware related or a dish issue?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Think the Irish ones come in over the aerial, not the dish??

Country selection does not matter, choose Poland and it will scan ok. You do need an aerial though as Taltos points out.

Hi, I just got hold of a Ferguson 120 off a friend and tried setting it up. A few issues.
    When I try to scan in the Irish channels it doesn't give me an option for Ireland, there are French, German,polish and so on but no Irish. Would I need to update the firmware on this box via USB?
    I actually was able to get some of the Irish channels anyway but the signal was terrible and choppy, would this again be firmware related or a dish issue?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the help I reckon I can get one handy. Will this give me access to free view channels besides just the Irish ones?
    I don't know how old this box is or when it was used last would you still recommend updating it via USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks for the help I reckon I can get one handy. Will this give me access to free view channels besides just the Irish ones?
    I don't know how old this box is or when it was used last would you still recommend updating it via USB?

The Irish/Saorview channels come in from the aerial.
    The other Free To Air channels, such as BBC, ITV etc come in through a Satellite dish.

The Ariva 120 allows you to order the channels list as you wish.

I've got the saorview channels in now, happy with that. I reckon my dish needs to be adjusted a bit, when i try to find any channels by satellite search it comes up with nothing, searching on the Astra2A 28.2. The signal strength reading is pretty awful too like 30%.

I get about 80% strength/quality when doing a scan. I'll be posting up a channel file when I get more time to scan for the missing channels (using Tony's original file after last firmware update).

I've got the saorview channels in now, happy with that. I reckon my dish needs to be adjusted a bit, when i try to find any channels by satellite search it comes up with nothing, searching on the Astra2A 28.2. The signal strength reading is pretty awful too like 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Looking for a little help please - I have downloaded the latest firmware and will be doing the update via USB this evening.

I have also downloaded the channel list from Tony's link and I have two questions.......

I presume I still have to do a channel scan in order to ensure the channels are loaded or does the channel list provide that detail?

In the channel list for the Saorview Channels - would it be different depending on what channel you are receiving the Saorview Channels? I am in Waterford but will be sorting out the box in Cork so the Saorview channels would be on different frequencies?

• Advertisement

scout353 wrote: »
    I presume I still have to do a channel scan in order to ensure the channels are loaded or does the channel list provide that detail?

No, that's the whole idea of a channel list :) If you scan channels they will be in random order, if you use firmware with channel list built in then they are ordered
    scout353 wrote: »
    In the channel list for the Saorview Channels -

Saorview uses different freqs for different transmitters so you scan terrestrial when the box is connected to the aerial and the saorview channels will be added to the end of the list, you can then use "Edit channels" to move them to your preferred order.

Advertisement