Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Bought a patched (V2.18B2*) one of these second hand off a guy on adverts last June for a bedroom, dvbt tuner has gone on the blink recently.
    Any thoughts on repair or if it might be a firmware issue?
    I assume its not possible to go back to original fw but can anyone point me inthe direction of a different patched firmware to try as i cant find any online.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You can go back to the original firmware for test purposes ftp://ftp2.ferguson.pl/ferguson/
    I assume its not possible to go back to original fw but can anyone point me inthe direction of a different patched firmware to try as i cant find any online.

Cheers

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

After two years of pretty much flawless operation my A120 has now got sluggish when changing channels. It also complains about my USB device being too slow although it's the same USB key that I've had all along (and yes I have reformatted the drive). Running on latest firmware. Any ideas what could be the cause?

If you take out the key and reboot 120 does channel change still remain sluggish ?

MenloPete wrote: »
    After two years of pretty much flawless operation my A120 has now got sluggish when changing channels. It also complains about my USB device being too slow although it's the same USB key that I've had all along (and yes I have reformatted the drive). Running on latest firmware. Any ideas what could be the cause?

• Advertisement

Bought a patched (V2.18B2*) one of these second hand off a guy on adverts last June for a bedroom, dvbt tuner has gone on the blink recently.
    Any thoughts on repair or if it might be a firmware issue?

Cheers
    I went back to original firware and no joy on dvbt channels, i then went to the patched firmware linked by Nowso and the scan of the local ch52& 56 terrestrial frequencies pulled in the channels, happy days or so i thought.
    Unplugged the box and moved it to room and no signal again on terrestrial, i have checked back with the aerial point where they scanned originally and no joy again.
    Any other suggestions?
    I am thinking a dodgy tuner, has anyone suffered this and if so any cheap replacment possible or is it a new box.
    Thanks

might be a time for a new box , somebody else mentioned loosing channels on the 150 lately i think and had them saved and had to reload them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I went back to original firware and no joy on dvbt channels, i then went to the patched firmware linked by Nowso and the scan of the local ch52& 56 terrestrial frequencies pulled in the channels, happy days or so i thought.
    Unplugged the box and moved it to room and no signal again on terrestrial, i have checked back with the aerial point where they scanned originally and no joy again.
    Any other suggestions?
    I am thinking a dodgy tuner, has anyone suffered this and if so any cheap replacment possible or is it a new box.
    Thanks

Could be a loose connection which is intermittent .... maybe have someone check it out for anything obvious?

Tony wrote: »
    If you take out the key and reboot 120 does channel change still remain sluggish ?

Doesn't seem to be as slow. I'm not sure what this proves. I'll have to try plugging in a powered usb disk drive for comparison.

It may prove that the write speed is slow to the stick and is slowing the processor speed . Try turnning off live pause and see if the same thing happens

MenloPete wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be as slow. I'm not sure what this proves. I'll have to try plugging in a powered usb disk drive for comparison.

• Advertisement

Try turning off live pause and see if the same thing happens

Thanks Tony, that seems to have done the trick. :)

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks
    Update on this.
    Dvbt tuner was the cause of the problem.
    Got a complete tuner unit from satboxes.com for €10 + postage and am happy to report that i have just installed it which was very simple, and all terrestrial channels are back.
    Anyone be kind enough to pm me a channel list for a patched firmware or the allcode+bootloader channel list and patched firmware in one.
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Suddenly one of my boxes is not recognising that a memory stick is inserted. Any suggestions?

Have you tried another stick ?

Suddenly one of my boxes is not recognising that a memory stick is inserted. Any suggestions?

Maybe the filesystem is corrupted .... have you checked?

Did you have it left plugged in with the setting for time shift set to continuously use it? If so it might have expired.

Have you tried another stick ?

Yes, same thing. It doesn't seem to recognise that anything is inserted.

Maybe the filesystem is corrupted .... have you checked?

Did you have it left plugged in with the setting for time shift set to continuously use it? If so it might have expired.

Sorry, I don't understand that - an OAP here struggling with the digital age - I record at one TV and watch on another at times when programmes clash. The stick works in one box but not another. I don't know what time shift is.

Sorry, I don't understand that - an OAP here struggling with the digital age - I record at one TV and watch on another at times when programmes clash. The stick works in one box but not another. I don't know what time shift is.

If the stick is working in another box then it is obviously OK.

If the stick is working in another box then it is obviously OK.
    Thank! Yes the stick is OK but the question is what isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Plugged in my ariva 120 for the first time in about 2 years. Could anyone point me towards the most up to date channel list available for sky? Tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Hi Guys
    I got brilliant help from you guys early last year my pal did something to his Ferguson ariva 120 it still works but transponders and channels only work sometimes,
    say utv is saved on channel 6 it will work sometimes but most of the time you have to use it from another transponder on say channel 245 it's not just a case of moving it I have tried that, it also doesn't want to know about hdmi cable connections anymore

so I was hoping to do a factory reset and obviously will be looking for where to get the server files and also the updated channel list it is on software v2.15b8 at the moment I have been trying to download stuff for it but because it's old all the links are dead

could some kind hearted person please either pm me or upload the files or post an active link please
    as always any help greatly appreciated
    Regards
    D

you might not get them

there is patched firmware still out there

you would be best do a reset and clear all channels and do a blind search and spend some time to sort them out

Thanks for your reply
    I am a member of a few sat forums so am awaiting a response as any old links are down at least the few I have tried are

218b8 is the lastest firmware for that box . might have more of a chance on that

Thanks again thats what I'm searching for no luck so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Dunno if this has been covered back in the thread, but an interesting thing has happened with my Ariva120 recently.

One evening we went to turn it on and nothing happened - dead. I plugged it out, plugged it in again, disconnected the HDD (powered), but still nothing, so we left it overnight, and in the morning I tried again but still zilch, absolutely nothing = totally dead :cool:

Then I had a thought, maybe, just maybe the HDMI output is dead (but the SCART still alive)? and low and behold I was right. The HDMI output was/is totally dead but the SCART is working just fine :-)

Happy days, and even though we've lost our HD picture we still have a working box.

Hi Lordsutch
    same thing on this box I am trying to get patches and software for before I factory reset it don't suppose you could pm anything to me

Sorry but currently my box is currently a mess, with my channel list all over the place thanks to the kids :)

I plan to upgrade to the latest software V2.18b8 in the next week or two (by Satellite)? never done a Sat firmware upgrade before, I wonder will it work?

might be time to upgrade

• Advertisement

Can you upgrade the firmware by satellite? or must it be done from the website?

Advertisement