Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub nine or bust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Sir BrakesAlot

ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Just happened to have them all at my desk today.

Really could do with one integrated unit..............

2012-04-02-12.53.59-300x179.jpg

Tough ask given how crap Garmin are at HR and Polar at GPS. Do you wear 2 devices per session - Garmin for pace/distance and Polar for HR?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

pgibbo wrote: »
    Tough ask given how crap Garmin are at HR and Polar at GPS. Do you wear 2 devices per session - Garmin for pace/distance and Polar for HR?

Bike is simple - SRMs only really with Polar to tell the time :)

Garmin only for running unless I am really worried about HR.

I am thinking a Polar RX5 with the hybrid transmitter - would work withitself and with the SRM PCV.

WELL HELLO MR. TANGO

Over a lunch time walk run Mr. Tango admitted to reading this blog. At least I think thats what he said, I couldn't hear him over his panting. He is sick, and thats why we were going so slow. He and Mr GottaGettaGateau will get on famously with all this hypochondria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

WELL HELLO MR. TANGO

Over a lunch time walk run Mr. Tango admitted to reading this blog. At least I think thats what he said, I couldn't hear him over his panting. He is sick, and thats why we were going so slow. He and Mr GottaGettaGateau will get on famously with all this hypochondria

I heard this GottaGettaGateau guy has your measure for Roth. Good to see you were out getting used to the walk, walk, walk, run strategy for Roth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

fairly going for it here jackyback :P no holding back

Bambaata wrote: »
    fairly going for it here jackyback :P no holding back

Lol Ed, If only you seen the full extent of the smack talk going on:) You could write a comedy sketch on it, In particular each others version of how the others race will pan out:)

i think transcripts should be sent my way. pity I dont have a nemesis for mallorca

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Lol Ed, If only you seen the full extent of the smack talk going on:) You could write a comedy sketch on it, In particular each others version of how the others race will pan out:)

This is the kind of thing that deserves a thread of its own!

I heard this GottaGettaGateau guy has your measure for Roth. Good to see you were out getting used to the walk, walk, walk, run strategy for Roth :)

Nah GottaGettaGateau is mentally weak, doesn't have the staying power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

WELL HELLO MR. TANGO

Over a lunch time walk run Mr. Tango admitted to reading this blog.

I find this hard to believe, I am pretty sure Mr. Tango is a technophobe.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I find this hard to believe, I am pretty sure Mr. Tango is a technophobe.

he gets help.

Anyone ever see the film "The Ringer"? Dunno why I think of that film :)

Over a lunch run I realised something. That Mr. GottaGettaGateaux has worked his little socks off thisyear. Trained harder, longer, more often and smarter than ever before this year. Put in consistent 14-15 hour weeks for months. I've done fvck all.

So when I give him a kick in the swiss-roll and, well basically give him a kicking in Roth - it won't be a triumph resulting from hard work and dedication. It will be a triumph of natural ability. A triumph of genetics you could say.

The logical extension of this triumph of genetics is not only am I faster than Mr. GottaGettaGateaux my kids probably are faster than his too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭HalfTri

"It will be a triumph of natural ability."

A natural ability that came with how many years of training!!!

HalfTri wrote: »
    "It will be a triumph of natural ability."

A natural ability that came with how many years of training!!!

The first rule of smack talk - is reality and the truth cannot be allowed to interfere with the talking of smack.

The first rule of smack talk - is reality and the truth cannot be allowed to interfere with the talking of smack.

If all we did was base our smack talk on reality it would be pretty boring. For starts Mr. GottaGettaGateaux would have absolutely nothing to say.

Over a lunch run I realised something. That Mr. GottaGettaGateaux has worked his little socks off thisyear. Trained harder, longer, more often and smarter than ever before this year. Put in consistent 14-15 hour weeks for months. I've done fvck all.

So when I give him a kick in the swiss-roll and, well basically give him a kicking in Roth - it won't be a triumph resulting from hard work and dedication. It will be a triumph of natural ability. A triumph of genetics you could say.

The logical extension of this triumph of genetics is not only am I faster than Mr. GottaGettaGateaux my kids probably are faster than his too :)

Just think though if that little GottaGettaGateaux hard working guy who is only new to the sport did kick your ass in Roth you would probably have to quit the sport once and for all. Imagine the shame of it all, it could make headlines "Tummy Tunney retires from the sport after getting handed his ar$se in Roth by some guy who needed armbands for the swim, sources say he was found in the gutter munching a bag of Haribo sweets looking at old triathlon magazines from a decade ago"

I would not be reliant on natural ability though....you need to have it first to be able to rely on it :)

[QUOTE=tunney;77968272If all we did was base our smack talk on reality it would be pretty boring.[/QUOTE]
    At least we agree on this point:)

Oooohhhhh I see a 40x400 sw on 8 in the near future

Oooohhhhh I see a 40x400 sw on 8 in the near future

Second thoughts, best make in on 12

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Finally registered to post on this thing - at least i can defend myself now!!!:)

Ill be sure to tug you on the feet Tunney as i pass you on the swim (given you are getting about a 20 minute start in the sub 9 group it shouldn't take too long to catch you!!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

fight fight fight. If your looking for me ill be in the long grass

Your Aoibhe against my Lauren, mile time trial when there both 3:)

Your Aoibhe against my Lauren, mile time trial when there both 3:)

A long swim.

Swim distance: 3.4km
    Swim time: 1:11
    Bike distance: 140km
    Bike time: 5:34
    Bike work: 3528kj
    Run distance: 67km
    Run time: 5:36
    Total time: 12:21

It was the best of weeks, it was the worst of weeks. Actually it was a fairly sh1t week, but a week I enjoyed. I won't bore with details. Key events of the week were forgetting to eat, doing a long ride to the inlaws, finding out it was a fast day. "Eh no savage head wind, a slow day". "No a FAST day" "Ohhhh" and there was no food in the house. Borked me for Saturday. Then long run Sunday was both horrific and brilliant. Horrific in terms of form and pace. Brilliant in terms of ignoring the chest pains, the naseau and HTFUed and kept goin. The fact that after 45 minutes I puked a little and instead of stopping and nursing my tender tummy I stuck my fingers down my throat until my tummy felt better and continued on. The fact that when I got issues the other end I didn't waddle home, I jumped in the bushes. The fact it got done.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Great images there! To get over my illnesses last week was a recovery week so only about half the hours you did. Managed to puncture the car in Newry as I was being dropped off to cycle the rest of the way. Fixed that then 10km up the road punctured my bike - interesting set of expletives after that. Got to Bangor in the end though!!

Mr Tango wrote: »
    Great images there! To get over my illnesses last week was a recovery week so only about half the hours you did. Managed to puncture the car in Newry as I was being dropped off to cycle the rest of the way. Fixed that then 10km up the road punctured my bike - interesting set of expletives after that. Got to Bangor in the end though!!

Luckily the run was on my favourite running route even - which happens to be completely isolated and removed from human kind. Sheep, cows, badgers and horses - yes. People rarely. A 20 minute undulating forest run lap near the inlaws. Favourite place ever to run. My most memorable run ever was there - Christmas eve 2010. A few inches of snow and 8pm, headlamp running through the woods. Like something out of Narnia.

Lovely image alright. Didn't have to go that far myself on Sunday but i was doubled over the jacks for 3-3.5hrs afterwards! Not fun!! A kg lighter Monday as a result :P

Must be all the over indulgence over Easter, i too had an attack from the Ginger Bread Man on yesterdays run:)

Tuesday 10th April

Today as Mars was in alignment with Venus and the Asparagus was in conjunction with Uranus I had no choice but to do a fartlek run. Plan was to warm up and then run hard whenever I saw an insect, not an arachnid mind, and to back off whenever I saw a pretty flower. Unless of course I saw a ladybird.

Epic run, really enjoyed it. I think I might go vegan.

• Advertisement

It appears that Mr CakeFace is more sensitive than a fat bird at a lingerie show. I'll be laying off the banter so, grown men shouldn't be made cry.

Advertisement