Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub nine or bust

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I will go 241 watts, i am realist:) I agree with Mloc anything higher than 250 and you have been sandbagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭twonpelota

Mr Tango may be out for tonights testing. Combining the car of people going to Roth there are 9 children between the three of us, and 3 busy jobs. Work has taken out Tango tonight and child #1 for me has pushed my testing from 1930 back to 2200 or so I believe.

I think mloc and jackyback are closest.

I tested this time last year with December behind me and came in at 260 watts. Suspect less than that this year as nothing behind me.

I think 290-310 average for the 5 minutes
    240-250 average for the 20 minutes - 235 watt FTP or so.

If I was 280 tonight as mcos has guessed then i would be delighted, and also probably doping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I am interested in Mr Tangos numbers also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

mloc123 wrote: »
    I am interested in Mr Tangos numbers also

I'd be interested to know yours! :D

pgibbo wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know yours! :D

Mail me ;)

• Advertisement

312 watts on SRMs for 5 min test, 12 better than expected....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

twonpelota wrote: »
    312 watts on SRMs for 5 min test, 12 better than expected....

Whats your current weight ?
    I.e watts per kg?

Did you do the cp20 test or can it?

Doing a cp20 myself next week. It will hurt.

More interested in those 20min figures:rolleyes:

More interested in those 20min figures:rolleyes:

Before he mentions them. What does the closest guess win? I think it should be something big.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Before he mentions them. What does the closest guess win? I think it should be something big.

A pint and a kebab:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

A computrainer?? :-)

263 watts for 20 min, 250 FTP, bang where expected for detrained, only way is up

Congrats mloc you just won yourself a nice, "slightly used", computrainer ;-)

Bambaata wrote: »
    A computrainer?? :-)

I'll PM my address for you to send it to :)

263 watts for 20 min, 250 FTP, bang where expected for detrained, only way is up

Solid effort you never really loose that huge base over the years even when untrained. Roth could get very interesting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

So, is a 30% increase attainable by April? If not, what do you think is - given real life factors.

Notwitch wrote: »
    So, is a 30% increase attainable by April? If not, what do you think is - given real life factors.

A reassessment of goals - best effort.

Some more data

1st four minutes 170bpm 258 watts
    2nd four minutes 174bpm 261 watts
    3rd four minutes 179bpm 263 watts
    4th four minutes 180bpm 263 watts
    5th four minutes 182bpm 275 watts

Overall 177bpm 264 watts 89 rpm

10% down on this time last year. Although comparable to form before Frankfurt.

Big jump for the last 4 minutes compared to the previous increments. Does that mean that there may have been more to give a little earlier?

pgibbo wrote: »
    Big jump for the last 4 minutes compared to the previous increments. Does that mean that there may have been more to give a little earlier?

Means I've to relearn pain.

I think its a good best effort, previously I've gotten off and though "I could have gone harder". Could not have gone any harder really. Not a huge jump really, was a kick for 60 seconds

• Advertisement

At lunch myself and Mr Tango run 3-4 times a week together.

My lack of fitness and present obesity is cancelled out by his lack of fitness and natural running talent. So we get along just fine.

However he told me last week that someone in his work wanted to join us. He described the conversation as such:

Her : "Hi Mr Tango, mind if I join you at lunch for your runs?"
    Mr Tango thinks "emmm a girl running with us a lunch, won't work well"
    Mr Tango: "Sure, we do about 10km and run around 4:50-5:00 a km, just easy stuff we're out of shape. That okay?"
    Mr Tango thinks "that should scare her off"
    Her : "no problems, i could do with some extra easy miles. I race 10ks and am in 38 minute shape at the minute"

Mr Tango nearly sh1t himself as he's never gotten under 40.

Today we both get our fat slow asses handed to us by a Dutch bird today at lunch.......

Somehow I thought a spanking from a 25 year Dutch bird would be more fun.

"Don't worry I like running slow."

Oh and I suspect closer to 36:00 than 38:00

Threshold run for yourself and Tango?

When you finish with your wiggle purchase and drop a few kgs you can pass it on to her! ;)

Biggest week in about 6 months

Swim 1.6km 0:41
    Bike 82km, 4:15
    Run 27km, 2:15

Overall 7:10

Good stuff, its a decent start anyway! You in the pool tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Bambaata wrote: »
    Good stuff, its a decent start anyway! You in the pool tomorrow morning?

Yip. 1600m of drowning.

Good to see you back at it.

Plan for Tuesday night was a tough session, Bill Black's Hour of Power. Actually takes more like 1:15. Main section is 20x3 minutes at with 2:15-2:30 at 85-90% FTP and 0:30-0:45 at 120% FTP. Set the CT up with an erg file for 20x(2:30 @ 85%, 0:30 @120%). I knew there wasn't a hope in hell of finishing it out. Detrained and unable to suffer it just wasn't a runner but I have to start somewhere. After the 4th rep my quads hurt, my left hamstring was cramping like a bitch.After the 5th rep it time to get off. All of a sudden this little voice in the back of my head said "HTFU ya fat pr1ck". 45 minutes and on the 20th rep I felt good I felt as if I was remembering what I'd forgotten. I almost felt as if I was back. I decided to roll with it from here and aim for another good day on Wednesday.

Aim was for a swim before work, run at lunch and a killer turbo Wednesday evening. To get it all done I needed to be in the pool at 0630 so I could get into work early. To do this I needed to fix my bike.

Did the work and last thing was to check the chain line and chain tension on the bike as it is a fixie. 1/8" chain, nice big Black Spire chain ring too.

Span the wheel to check the chain line. This is where I would normally stop the wheel and cranks to pull on the chain to get there was a little slack but not too much. This time I didn't stop them. Mistake. Hand pulled into the cranks, middle finger on my right hand mangled. 1145 at night. I took my hand out of the cranks, looked horrified at the damage "is that bone??", walked into the house, told the wife I needed to go to A&E, rang a taxi and headed on down to Beaumont.

Long story later - no bone damage, few stitches, I'd shattered the nail and the rest of it had to be ripped off with a pilers in the hospital and the rest sown up. It will be fine but it hurts like fvck and it knocked me for six yesterday and there was no way of doing anything - work, looking after kids nevermind training. In work today typing with one good hand and 3 fingers from the other hand popping pills like there were smarties.

Always something eh?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh ffs. I cringed as I read that. All I can say is you poor backstard. How long will this put you out of stuff like swimming?

Advertisement