Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Charts 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

kstand wrote: »
    Lads where do ye get these graphs from?
    Is there any website that provides them freely where I could get them myself?
    Must admit I loved these threads last year.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1

Under T+192h press "Suite" and its goes into FI :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

This is an interesting ole chart! -6 temps widespread over ireland and a touch of -8's. Keep the faith folks. Winter will be here soon! I found it quite strange this week though ordering all of our winter gear ( Shoe studs, sledges , scrapers etc) when it was touching 25-26 degrees here this week!

yahooooooo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

This is an interesting ole chart! -6 temps widespread over ireland and a touch of -8's. Keep the faith folks. Winter will be here soon! I found it quite strange this week though ordering all of our winter gear ( Shoe studs, sledges , scrapers etc) when it was touching 25-26 degrees here this week!

yahooooooo.png

nice

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

NIALL D wrote: »
    nice

:D:D

If only it said +24 hours instead of +324!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

fact !!! will be some changes before that never happens lol ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

This came out of no where. For exactly this day next week. Would put a decent chill in the air on the east coast of Ireland and probably some snow for scotland!

thisisnew.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

This came out of no where. For exactly this day next week. Would put a decent chill in the air on the east coast of Ireland and probably some snow for scotland!

thisisnew.png

Gone on the 06Z as far as I can see

gfs-0-168.png?6

Apologies, still there !!

gfs-1-168.png?6

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looking at the charts it looks like we're getting some northerly airflow for about 5-6 days before a calming and some westerlies. All in all though it does look dry at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looking at the charts it looks like we're getting some northerly airflow for about 5-6 days before a calming and some westerlies. All in all though it does look dry at least.

Does this mean cold weather or?

Westerlies means milder air I presume?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think it'll be colder than average (10-12 perhaps, maybe struggling into double digits?) from midweek next week onwards for those days, before returning to average october temperatures (mid-teens at best)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A mere temporary chill. I'm sure the FIers are after something jucier.

dsmythy wrote: »
    A mere temporary chill. I'm sure the FIers are after something jucier.

A temporary chill is the best we can expect in October to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

:(
    A temporary chill is the best we can expect in October to be fair.

Tactical wrote: »

In fairness, it's true! It's like april snow, it's possible, it looks lovely for a few minutes but it can't last any length and is very slushy.

I still like looking at the FI charts and dreaming though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Sigh..if only!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Lads let's enjoy our mini Indian summer while we can!
    ( Sorry to those elsewhere outside of Dublin having a crap week.....)
    However I am really looking forward to lamppost watching with the best of them...when the time comes...
    AND IT WILL! THE MORE I SHOUT THE MORE LIKELY IT IS TO SNOOOOOW!

The best I could find for today (i.e. not very good.) :(

176431.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Nice one for next Saturday! :D

176458.png

Su Campu wrote: »
    Nice one for next Saturday! :D

176458.png

Bit strange to see an easterly/ slightly north easterly flow bring that low 850 temps in early October!!!

Bit strange to see an easterly/ slightly north easterly flow bring that low 850 temps in early October!!!

Ah I was just kidding to see if anyone would notice! I had a little bit of fun with Photoshop! :p

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    Ah I was just kidding to see if anyone would notice! I had a little bit of fun with Photoshop! :p

I was thinking that that type of flow would probably bring warm weather at this time of year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not a hope anything like that could happen surely, you'd rarely get -10 temps in January never mind October!

Out of interest, when do the temps over Europe start to really drop? Still close to 30C this week across the continent

In other news, GFS keeps showing up this northerly blast, always well out in FI but a chance it might happen at some stage. Not that it'd bring anything too exciting but -8C touching Scotland this early in the year is impressive

gfs-1-324_fym5.png

I was thinking that that type of flow would probably bring warm weather at this time of year!!!

Not on Fantasy Island it don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Harps I'm French, and AFAIK this year is an exception as regards the lingering of higher temperatures, in France anyway. I'm from Lyon (pretty much approaching extremes for France either way every year, in winter and summer) and most months of September we used to get warm temperatures up to mid September, then temps would go down gradually, but as far as I remember it was pretty unusual to be still in the thirties this far into September.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Harps wrote: »
    Out of interest, when do the temps over Europe start to really drop? Still close to 30C this week across the continent

I think they need to rid themselves of that large high pressure area for normality to resume. The GFS at least doesn't shift it until mid October although it does weaken before then.

Slim pickings at the moment :mad:

Nothing interesting on any charts apart from the next few days.

Nothing interesting on any charts apart from the next few days.

Aye, have been looking and looking but nothing !

At this stage im hoping for ninja snow ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hello Boys and Girls! Well, GFS now going out to 21sth October which is the official start of snow watch for me since Oct 21st 2003 is the earliest snow I can remember.

Current GFS showing potential for that day, but this will change:

Rtavn3841.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

how far out can fi charts go? and do they ever materialise ever?

Advertisement