Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Charts 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭Speak Now

All the way out to T384

[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]h500slp.png[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ECM clearly still pitted against the GFS

things could swing in our favour in the coming 2-3 days i feel.

Recm2161.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I suppose it depends on whether the GFS is being over zealous with the Northern arm of the jet stream. On the negative side the UKMO seems to move toward the GFS. GEM, ECM and JMA are the 3 models showing something like good Northern blocking. Agree it will be a few days to sort this pickle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭weathermaiden

I want to live on Fantasy Island. I'm emigrating. Who's with me?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭pauldry

I already live there. Cold Winters, Warm Summers and No recession.

The weather is never bland here always freezing or warm though there is an odd storm. Really extreme ones at that.

Minus 25 tonight with a blizzard tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

there seems to be a cooling trend from about the 19 or november on its a bit away yet but its a nice chartgfs-1-384.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

Just joined up...nothing wrong with a bit of fantasy! Love the FI charts...roll on this weekend which will bring it closer to a better outlook...to snow or not to snow...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Latest 06z GFS is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

arctictree wrote: »
    Latest 06z GFS is depressing.

I may be wrong of course but is there no a greenland high still showing up ?

This is a good thing ?

06 GFS ensembles for Dublin

Weather rarely set in stone but looks like there wont be a cold outbreak before December at least.

Only hope in the ensemble is that rogue thin green line ;)

t850Dublin.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

06 GFS ensembles for Dublin

Weather rarely set in stone but looks like there wont be a cold outbreak before December at least.

Only hope in the ensemble is that rogue thin green line ;)

t850Dublin.png

Any chance of a link to these charts?... i can never find these ones! :(

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to these charts?... i can never find these ones! :(

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ensviewer;sess=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yep looks like the Atlantic if finally going to wake up, GEM is the only model giving any hope of colder weather

gem-0-240_loj5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

Harps wrote: »
    Yep looks like the Atlantic if finally going to wake up, GEM is the only model giving any hope of colder weather

gem-0-240_loj5.png
    Is this good or bad? I'm not too familiar with all this. I'm a newbie lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Good assuming you want cold weather. Its showing the start of an easterly so that cold air over Scandanavia and Russia would eventually be blown our way

Nearly zero chance of it happening though, looks like we're back to Atlantic weather again next week

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

gfs-1-348.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

How often are the charts updated?

GFS - 4 times a day

ECM - 2 times a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

t|nt|n wrote: »
    GFS - 4 times a day

ECM - 2 times a day

Where can you find these charts on the web and what are they actually showing??? Sorry, I know it's an amatuerish question but would love to be a bit more literate in this area!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Where can you find these charts on the web and what are they actually showing??? Sorry, I know it's an amatuerish question but would love to be a bit more literate in this area!

There's a sticky all about it here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056447334

• Advertisement

Oh piss off !!!!!!! :pac:

181093.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

181093.png

God dammit!!:mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Love that :) save me money !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

181093.png

I've followed this forum for two years or so, and if that chart comes off I'll eat my hat (if I had one). I base this assumption, not on meteorological information, but on two winters extensive lamp post observation and frantic F5 pushing on this forum.
    The roller coaster hasn't even begun. We're only at the entrance to the fun park, wait till mid to late December :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

doccy wrote: »

I've followed this forum for two years or so, and if that chart comes off I'll eat my hat (if I had one). I base this assumption, not on meteorological information, but on two winters extensive lamp post observation and frantic F5 pushing on this forum.
    The roller coaster hasn't even begun. We're only at the entrance to the fun park, wait till mid to late December :eek:

I want it for Christmas though so mid December would be perfect thanks! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Even extreme FI doesn't give anything until the run up to Christmas. The waiting game indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Serious question about the models and FI.

Constantly when something good shows up in FI people say "it won't happen it's in FI", yet people are getting totally disappointed about the fact that FI is showing mild weather, why is nobody saying the same thing in this case, surely the same applies here and it's FI, so just as unreliable and could turn out the opposite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

srocliffe wrote: »
    Serious question about the models and FI.

Constantly when something good shows up in FI people say "it won't happen it's in FI", yet people are getting totally disappointed about the fact that FI is showing mild weather, why is nobody saying the same thing in this case, surely the same applies here and it's FI, so just as unreliable and could turn out the opposite?

Very true indeed... but thats why we rather see trends form, thus current trends are showing crappy mild crap.... :(....

All i have to say is , the 1947 Ireland's winter Siege book that im reading... that winter started in January... didnt end to APRIL! ...:rolleyes:

181112.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

181112.png

Whoop whoop!!

Advertisement