Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

My first bad weekend :(

I was out on Saturday night but I had planned for it, Italian so had bruschetta to start with and then a pizza with parmesan, rocket and parma ham, I took as much of the fat off the parma ham as I could, my boyfriend thought I had lost the plot but maybe that little action could have saved me :p:p

I had a bottle of red wine then when I got home, I savoured every single glass of it as I have not drank it since I started the plan, did walk home from the restaurant though all uphill :)

Walked and collected the car on the Sunday but then went out for his mothers birthday, she bought me two glasses of red wine, had not seen her in a couple of months so kinda felt back declining them.

It was pub food so I went with a cheeseburger and chips as to be honest there was nothing on the menu I could see that would be decent or cooked in a SW way.

Right back on track today, trying to get lots of superspeed food into me. Cooked up a big pot of chilli for the week too and treated myself to a new pair of walking runners as I have walked a hole into the other ones.

I am doing good but still feel guilty even though I shouldn't, I had my treat and I got right back on track??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Almost 1 week in and I'm realising just how much processed food I eat :(
    I'm fairly happy with how it's going, finding it a little difficult to get my syns an healthy extra b in every day and I don't want tone eating for the sake of it!
    Question for those of you that have been doing this for a while, what do you snack on? Aside from fruits and yogurt and that, I want to find something to have instead if the crisps I used to eat watching a movie! O and tesco have the mullerlights in special, 4 for €2!

PennyWren wrote: »
    Almost 1 week in and I'm realising just how much processed food I eat :(
    I'm fairly happy with how it's going, finding it a little difficult to get my syns an healthy extra b in every day and I don't want tone eating for the sake of it!
    Question for those of you that have been doing this for a while, what do you snack on? Aside from fruits and yogurt and that, I want to find something to have instead if the crisps I used to eat watching a movie! O and tesco have the mullerlights in special, 4 for €2!

My healthy extras would normally be milk and then bread or porridge, if I need to have the two in the one day or milk and cheese in the one day then I syn the cheapest one and use the other as my hex.

I love the rocky road bars from class they are only 3 syns or else Freddo bars 5 syns or a curley wurley for 6 or else a hot chocolate made with skimmed milk 3 syns for 3 heaped tea spoons of Cadbury drinking chocolate but the Hightlights are way less.

Fiona wrote: »
    My healthy extras would normally be milk and then bread or porridge, if I need to have the two in the one day or milk and cheese in the one day then I syn the cheapest one and use the other as my hex.

I love the rocky road bars from class they are only 3 syns or else Freddo bars 5 syns or a curley wurley for 6 or else a hot chocolate made with skimmed milk 3 syns for 3 heaped tea spoons of Cadbury drinking chocolate but the Hightlights are way less.

Curley Wurleys!! Amazing,I can definitely manage that. Thanks a million, didn't know you could buy stuff in class. Appreciate it :)

Yup they have a few things, rocky roads, chocolate caramel and some other mint ones, they are a real life saver and decent price as well €3 for 6 bars I think.

You can get the magazine for dirt cheap too so don't ever buy it in a shop!!!

• Advertisement

Yup they have a few things, rocky roads, chocolate caramel and some other mint ones, they are a real life saver and decent price as well €3 for 6 bars I think.

You can get the magazine for dirt cheap too so don't ever buy it in a shop!!!

Good to know, I have class tomorrow (and first weigh in!)so I'll check them out. Funny you should the mag, I was only wondering today where I would get it! Thanks so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I used to save my syns for the evening. And would have my 5 syn tin in the cupboard. In it I would have the treat size bars...caramel, dairy milk etc. I would have one of them and savour every small morsel lol. If I was having one of those days where I wanted more I would have a packet of treat size crisps. I think rancheros were the lowest syns at 4.5 but I know there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I've mainly used my Syns on Porridge. not really a massive sweet eater and much rather a huge mega amazing Syn free dinner than nibble on sweets.

I feel exceptional now :D

I used to save my syns for the evening. And would have my 5 syn tin in the cupboard. In it I would have the treat size bars...caramel, dairy milk etc. I would have one of them and savour every small morsel lol. If I was having one of those days where I wanted more I would have a packet of treat size crisps. I think rancheros were the lowest syns at 4.5 but I know there are others.

That's such a good idea, and if I could have low syn supplies at home it would save me walking around the shop looking like an eejit checking everything on my phone! Thanks, I really appreciate it! First weigh in tonight so I'll see if this sorcery had started to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

That's such a good idea, and if I could have low syn supplies at home it would save me walking around the shop looking like an eejit checking everything on my phone! Thanks, I really appreciate it! First weigh in tonight so I'll see if this sorcery had started to work :)

Just so you know any treat food ie. chocolate, buscuits, sweets etc. can be syned by dividing their calorie value by 20, so if a chocolate bar was 100 calories it would work out as 5 syns, no need to consult your phone ;)

My new indulgence food is a plain rice cake with toffee muller light yoghurt spread on top with a sliced banana. Filling, syn free & curbs my sugar craving :cool:

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Just so you know any treat food ie. chocolate, buscuits, sweets etc. can be syned by dividing their calorie value by 20, so if a chocolate bar was 100 calories it would work out as 5 syns, no need to consult your phone ;)

My new indulgence food is a plain rice cake with toffee muller light yoghurt spread on top with a sliced banana. Filling, syn free & curbs my sugar craving :cool:

That is so handy to know! My phone can remain in my pocket and I won't be in everyone's way in the shop now! Thank you. Everyone in this thread is so helpful.
    Down 4lbs this evening :):):)

Well done !
    That's a great loss ! :)

That's such a good idea, and if I could have low syn supplies at home it would save me walking around the shop looking like an eejit checking everything on my phone!

It's gas, I never have sweets or chocolate in the house, unless I am on Slimming World yet somehow you would think I wouldn't be fat if I didn't have them in the house!!!

I only pic at them in work when the sweets come in for the bdays :o
    Ms2011 wrote: »

Toffee or vanilla yogurt over a meringue nest - 3 syns, nyom!

Down 0.5 lbs tonight am in shock! Going to work my ass off this week to maintain that loss.

Staying with my sister this Friday, have told her she is getting a SW cooked meal instead if her cooking and I got a nagon of vodka and slim line tonic so I can be in control.

I am going to Saba on Saturday night - there will be no control :D:D:D:D
    Gonna get a walk in and not drink so damage limitation, feeling quietly confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

I dropped 2 1/2 lbs this week, I have found the Muller Light turkish delight yogurts to be a nice desert or if you fancy something sweet.

Dropped 2 this week !

Bit disappointed as I gave it my all but in saying that I had a Dominos and a weekend away and NO exercise so not "too" surprised !

Aiming for 6 this week !

I can do this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Stayed the same this week, had an absolutely terrible week so I'm actually delighted. I didn't have a terrible week of just eating crap food, there was days when I didn't have time to eat during the day due to work stuff so I was having a massive dinner in the evening etc.

Feel very motivated for this week that I can lose if I can keep myself on track :)

I just made burgers salad and sw chips for dinner. Delicious, the chips are amazing! This is the best eating plan ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

Hi Everyone
    I joined Slimming World last night. A little bit daunted over everything with Free, superfree and healthy options, but im liking i dont have to point every single thing im eating like WW. any tops for a newbie?

Thanks!!

That is so handy to know! My phone can remain in my pocket and I won't be in everyone's way in the shop now! Thank you. Everyone in this thread is so helpful.

omg 4lbs lost in your first week is amazing!!!!!!!! my first weigh in is monday next week. eeeeeeeeeek

Up 2lbs this week.

The weekend was part one of my birthday celebrations which is tomorrow. I still have the birthday sweets in work tomorrow and a weekend away this weekend.

I am only 32 once **** it ill work extra hard next week.

• Advertisement

Up 2lbs this week.

The weekend was part one of my birthday celebrations which is tomorrow. I still have the birthday sweets in work tomorrow and a weekend away this weekend.

Ur dead right!! Enjoy yourself for your birthday and you will be back on track in no time :) happy birthday!

PennyPenny wrote: »
    omg 4lbs lost in your first week is amazing!!!!!!!! my first weigh in is monday next week. eeeeeeeeeek

Thank you, I am so delighted, second weigh in tonight and 3lbs down. 1/2 stonein 2 weeks I'm so so happy! Don't think next week will be so good as it's my birthday this week and I'm going out on Saturday! But I'll be happy next week if I just stay the same. Def not expecting to lose.
    I see your a newbie too! I found my first week tough, not from an O God I'm so hungry kind of way but more, I don't know what I can eat and a bit overwhelmed. But you'll settle into it, try and plan. I have the fridge and freezer stocked so I can either have food made in advance of know exactly what I'm making that night.
    Best of luck, I'm sure you'll have brilliant results. I'm amazed at how easy it has been. And apparently Monday night weighs get the best results, Starts your week of right!!

Up 2lbs this week.

I'm in the same birthday boat this week! You still have to live! Few treats and a few drinks then back on the straight and narrow! Happy birthday :)

Ur dead right!! Enjoy yourself for your birthday and you will be back on track in no time :) happy birthday!
    I'm in the same birthday boat this week! You still have to live! Few treats and a few drinks then back on the straight and narrow! Happy birthday :)

Thanks ladies!

Kinda secretly gutted to be honest, made a real effort on Friday night by cooking dinner for my sister and then she produces 2 bottles of bubbly sure I could hardly say no!

I was out on the Saturday night but wasn't drinking and got straight back on track on the Sunday.

6 birthdays this week in work the amt of sweets is shocking and I laid into the Roses yesterday I just lost all willpower.

I just wish I joined SW earlier and then I would be in a much position now but sure it could be worse I suppose!

Thank you, I am so delighted, second weigh in tonight and 3lbs down. 1/2 stonein 2 weeks I'm so so happy! Don't think next week will be so good as it's my birthday this week and I'm going out on Saturday! But I'll be happy next week if I just stay the same. Def not expecting to lose.
    I see your a newbie too! I found my first week tough, not from an O God I'm so hungry kind of way but more, I don't know what I can eat and a bit overwhelmed. But you'll settle into it, try and plan. I have the fridge and freezer stocked so I can either have food made in advance of know exactly what I'm making that night.
    Best of luck, I'm sure you'll have brilliant results. I'm amazed at how easy it has been. And apparently Monday night weighs get the best results, Starts your week of right!!

Half a stone in 2 weeks!!! That's amazing!!! I'm praying it works for me. Had a good first day n hoping tomorrow is as good. Need to exercise a lot more. You any good tips u can share?

Thanks ladies!

Kinda secretly gutted to be honest, made a real effort on Friday night by cooking dinner for my sister and then she produces 2 bottles of bubbly sure I could hardly say no!

I was out on the Saturday night but wasn't drinking and got straight back on track on the Sunday.

6 birthdays this week in work the amt of sweets is shocking and I laid into the Roses yesterday I just lost all willpower.

I just wish I joined SW earlier and then I would be in a much position now but sure it could be worse I suppose!

You could have easily not have joined until after Christmas so ur doing great so far. Just take each day as it comes n maybe days you have a little too much chocolate or sweets, go out for a walk the next day. We will do this!

You could have easily not have joined until after Christmas so ur doing great so far. Just take each day as it comes n maybe days you have a little too much chocolate or sweets, go out for a walk the next day. We will do this!

Thanks hun x

I am doing about 5k every day I am literally walking every oppourtunity that I can get to know that I am moving and getting rid of what I am putting into my mouth :D:D:D:D

Thanks hun x

I am doing about 5k every day I am literally walking every oppourtunity that I can get to know that I am moving and getting rid of what I am putting into my mouth :D:D:D:D

5k! That's amazing! Well done you! I deffo need to get off my backside n start moving!

I just love walking I do a bit in the morning and then on my way home from work and I add it up on the Runkeeper and it comes to about 5k everyday.

Plus you have the smug feeling when you get home that your walk is done and your evening is all yours :p

• Advertisement

Yeah my aim is to get out for an hour every lunchtime for a walk cos I know I won't in the evenings. Too dark!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement