Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Set a mini target of 3lbs this week.
    Does everybody still do food diary, i find i am useless unless i do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

Fiona wrote: »
    Set a mini target of 3lbs this week.
    Does everybody still do food diary, i find i am useless unless i do one.

i do one every day, its far to easyt to 'forget' foods you have eaten during the day. updating as you go is a great way to moinitor and control your food.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So after a bit too much of a good weekend I got on the scales last night and couldn't look.

The shock on my face when she said I was down 2.5lbs was something else !

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

So after a bit too much of a good weekend I got on the scales last night and couldn't look.

The shock on my face when she said I was down 2.5lbs was something else !

I know the feeling was afraid to look to as Tuesday night I over indulged on wine and crisps and biscuit cake and on Sunday had a bad day too so was pleasantly surprised that I was 2.5lbs down.

shoes34 wrote: »
    I know the feeling was afraid to look to as Tuesday night I over indulged on wine and crisps and biscuit cake and on Sunday had a bad day too so was pleasantly surprised that I was 2.5lbs down.

I wasn't hitting my Syns.

I am allowed 25 and was averaging about 7 a day and couldn't get them up.

So I brought my average up to the female limit of 15 and did it daily and ended up losing an extra .5 lb. it's mad when you think about it.

Anyway, 3 weeks in so the running begins before the weight loss levels out !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 feedmeimhungry

Hi guys, Im just looking for some advice.

Is this a healthy diet? my issue has been dairy products, well milk to be exact. I want to loose about half a stone in 2 months. Im 9 stone atm and im 5'4 roughly.

Breakfast:
    Porridge made with water and a banana.

Lunch.
    1 egg yolk, 3 egg whites

Dinner

Chicken breast, broccoli and a red pepper.

during the day I dont really drink much water.. I drink coffee and sometimes green tea. Will incorporating more water actually help loose weight?
    I dont really snack much

Is this a healthy diet? my issue has been dairy products, well milk to be exact. I want to loose about half a stone in 2 months. Im 9 stone atm and im 5'4 roughly.

Breakfast:

Lunch.
    1 egg yolk, 3 egg whites

Dinner

during the day I dont really drink much water.. I drink coffee and sometimes green tea. Will incorporating more water actually help loose weight?
    I dont really snack much

Straight away you are not eating enough food to loose weight your body will be hanging onto everything you got to keep going!

I would actually cry trying to exist on food like that daily. Check out the slimming world website and have a look at the plan. Its very healthy and you will never be hungry on it that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

Weigh In day today. So scary!! Hehe anyone else feel like this??

Was away for the weekend so hoping/praying I didn't do too much damage. How was all your weighins?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lauzzy22

Breakfast:

Lunch.
    1 egg yolk, 3 egg whites

Dinner

I dont really snack much
    How can you only eat that each day!!! Oh my god I'd be starved!!
    I tend to use only 3 syns a day with all my meals and that gives me the option to have a bar of chocolate if I want but I'm mostly satisfied anyways with what I have every day. Your weight is low anyway so I'd go walkin or to the gym if I was u at least 3/4 days a week to lose it quick enough!
    Good luck and try eat more!! Fruit and water really helps I'm a big coffee drinker too but limited myself to 2 cups per day at the times I most enjoy a cup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lauzzy22

Breakfast:

Lunch.
    1 egg yolk, 3 egg whites

Dinner

I dont really snack much
    How can you only eat that each day!!! Oh my god I'd be starved!!
    I tend to use only 3 syns a day with all my meals and that gives me the option to have a bar of chocolate if I want but I'm mostly satisfied anyways with what I have every day. Your weight is low anyway so I'd go walkin or to the gym if I was u at least 3/4 days a week to lose it quick enough!
    Good luck and try eat more!! Fruit and water really helps I'm a big coffee drinker too but limited myself to 2 cups per day at the times I most enjoy a cup!!

• Advertisement

Week 2 weigh in and I lost 2.5 lbs. yesssssssss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

PennyPenny wrote: »
    Week 2 weigh in and I lost 2.5 lbs. yesssssssss!!

Woohoo! Congrats :)

PennyWren wrote: »
    Woohoo! Congrats :)

Thanks so much. Christmas party this week plus a birthday night out so gonna be tough!

Down 1.5lbs this week, not too shabby!

I have been having mental breakfasts and it appears to be working, I am bored of porridge and am trying to keep my hex b for sandwiches so I have been having the following:

tins of salmon

grapefruits

cherry tomatoes and carrots

tuna and sweetcorn mix with extra light mayo and sweetcorn

I had the tin of salmon this morning and I was stuff after it right up until 12 had to force some other superfree snacks into me!

Down 2 this week. Delighted again. I've passed my mini target of 10lbs before Christmas so hoping to get rid of another 2 1/2 in the next 2 weeks and that'll be a stone before Christmas! And I'm finally starting to like the grapefruit I've been eating every day. The M&S ones are really delicious. Hope everyone is having a good week :)

PennyWren wrote: »
    And I'm finally starting to like the grapefruit I've been eating every day. The M&S ones are really delicious. Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Seriously they are like the SW secret weapon, I am on 1/2 a day and it's the only thing I can put my weightloss down to!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Had been off plan for a number of weeks before rejoining two weeks ago.

Was up 6lbs last week and was feeling a bit down about it but I was determined to be down this week. Kept all my syns to about 7 every day and I was down 10lbs on tonight's weigh in. Delighted!

10lbs wow that's some achievement you must be over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Fiona wrote: »
    10lbs wow that's some achievement you must be over the moon!

I am yeah, it's funny. I've been yo-yoing weight wise since May or so, up a few down a few etc. Even quit Slimming World for a while as I was fed up.

Was back up to 16st 13lbs, 10lbs up since August or so. I was in the queue moaning to my fiancé saying 'bloody hell I'll never get back to my best weight' and up I go onto the scales and 10lbs down.

Totally unexpected.

Hopefully Christmas doesn't mess me up too much now!

Up tonight and not looking forward to it.

Had a bit of a mental weekend again so won't be too surprised with a rise.

Obviously praying for a miracle drop ! :)

• Advertisement

well at last reached my final target...
    got my 10st and slimmer of the week with a 5lb loss .:eek:

Just in time for the selection boxes this christmas :rolleyes:

Amazing! Absolutely amazing. What an incredible achievement. Fair play that can't have been easy. You are an inspiration to the rest of us!

I am delighted for ya woo!

Can you even imagine what your life was like back then with all the weight on?

Down 1lb last night, was happy with that as hadn't been too good the last week - back on track this week to get ready for the Christmas Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coughdrops

Well done on all the losses. Not been on here in a while, but I have lost 1st 10.5lbs in 15 weeks. Very happy with that, and I'm hoping for my 2 stone award soon.

This weekend and next week are going to be so hard - I have a Christmas party tomorrow night and also catching up with some friends next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

HUGE congratulations, that is a SERIOUS achievement! I am almost at 7 stone lost since January, it is such a great feeling, never though I could do it, just just stuck with it and thankfully week by week the pounds came off, little by little. I cant recommend Slimming World highly enough to anyone who will listen!! I havent been at group since September but have continued to follow the plan and am now a regular gym goer, NEVER though I would be saying that sentence this time last year!

Going to enjoy this xmass, not going to go mad on food, but enjoy it none the less :)

Mimojo wrote: »
    HUGE congratulations, that is a SERIOUS achievement! I am almost at 7 stone lost since January, it is such a great feeling, never though I could do it, just just stuck with it and thankfully week by week the pounds came off, little by little. I cant recommend Slimming World highly enough to anyone who will listen!! I havent been at group since September but have continued to follow the plan and am now a regular gym goer, NEVER though I would be saying that sentence this time last year!

Going to enjoy this xmass, not going to go mad on food, but enjoy it none the less :)

thansk a million, its life changing when you loose weight at any level. SW gave me something to stick to, that was the key. But do you find your overly paranoid about food now?:confused:

also i have incorporated the gym now and love it, well most days anyway.

I feel everyone has it in them to get their target weight, and will get there if they stick to the plan.

I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed at the amount of food I have put away this weekend.

My nieces birthday party with the baker and hostess of the family...... need I go any further????

Cakes, nibbles and red wine and then a lovely thai dinner with my boyfriend this afternoon as we won't see each other now until Christmas eve :(

I went and did a food shop on my way home and nothing but fish, fruit and veg went in my basket, total detox for the week.

Then ANOTHER family day out next Saturday as my brother is emigrating, I will do the best I can this week, damage limitation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

thansk a million, its life changing when you loose weight at any level. SW gave me something to stick to, that was the key. But do you find your overly paranoid about food now?:confused:

also i have incorporated the gym now and love it, well most days anyway.

I feel everyone has it in them to get their target weight, and will get there if they stick to the plan.

It really is life changing, sometimes I dont actually believe it myself! I was shopping at the weekend & that is the biggest thing for me, being able to walk into any high street shop and pick up anything from a rail and know it will fit, surreal!! I am almost a size 12 now (something have to go to 14 in jeans) and its just amazing! In the new year hope to get rid of the last stuborn stone and will be at my ideal weight, bliss!! Having a plan is def key, and for me keeping an accurate food and exercise diary is a hugh help and motivation.

the gym is great, I cant believe Im a regular gym goer! Same as that most days are great! This morning in a spinning class wasnt feeling that awake, but got through it! And I find that even thought my weight loss has really slowed down the gym is really helping with toning everything up!

Am I paranoid about food? GOD YES!! I find that I read EVERY label, I am SO careful, it prob drives people mad! I really try to stick to natural food, fruit, veg etc, natural yogurt etc. This weekend I was TOTALLY off plan, prob the worst I have been in the entire year, just was eating out, eating junk etc. I felt SO guilty, but then having thought about it, it was only 2 days, I am back on track today, and I know xmass is going to be hard, and I will be eating some bad stuff and there is nothing I can do about it, I am going to enjoy it, as I know that even if I am bad over the holiday period, I will be back on track from 1st January and I KNOW I will stick to the plan, so no point beating myself up about it! It is hard to constantly be worrying about food, but I think the longer I stick to the plan, the more familiar I am with it, and it becomes second nature..most of the time!!

I really believe that anyone, no matter now much weight they have to loose, can benefit from slimming world and get to target. On 1st January I said I would loose 7 stone, I NEVER said it out loud, but not it is gone, it was hard dont get me wrong, and every week they were small losses of 3 lbs, 2 lbs, 1 lbs, half a pound, maintains, but if you stick to it, stick exactly to the plan, it REALLY works!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement