Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Got my 1 stone award this evening. So so happy :) I'll be expecting a gain over Christmas but I'm not too worried about it, I just think if I had waited till Jan id be in a much worse position and whatever I gain I know I will lose it once I am back on plan because this works.
    Happy Christmas slimmers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Up 4.5lbs and its not even Christmas week.
    I can't say i am shocked but i have one hard slog ahead of me in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Missed group last night, whoops!

Fiancé found me asleep on the couch after work and left me there, hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coughdrops

Down a pound this week, have our last w/i next Monday. Don't think I'll get the 2.5 I need for my 2 stone. With the busy weekend I have coming up, I'll be lucky to get a STS.

Fiona it's hard isn't it? Our festivities seemed to start about 2 weeks ago, unexpected nights out, guests staying etc. Don't want to be sat there, left out with a face on me, so I joined in! But it's hard to get back on track next day.

Over the next few weeks I'll be trying to STS, but reckon I'll have gained by NY. Hoping that a good couple of weeks in January will kick start my system again.

coughdrops wrote: »
    Fiona it's hard isn't it? Our festivities seemed to start about 2 weeks ago, unexpected nights out, guests staying etc. Don't want to be sat there, left out with a face on me, so I joined in! But it's hard to get back on track next day.

I seem to be ok getting back on track it's just all the temptation around me. Give me a normal month and I am fine well able to cope with my one weekend a month where I may have a few drinks and a meal but this is just torture.

I have another family party this weekend, then lunch with a my best friend, then off down to the boyfriend's parents for christmas where everything will be out of my control.

I just feel so lost that I have wasted all my hard work, but at the same time taking comfort that I am still in a better place had I not joined SW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Down 1/2lb this week, at my target. Now to maintain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coughdrops

Fiona wrote: »
    I just feel so lost that I have wasted all my hard work, but at the same time taking comfort that I am still in a better place had I not joined SW?

I don't think it's a waste, you're probably still more conscious of what you're eating, making wiser choices etc. Even if we put on, we've the tools to do something about it.

If I hadn't started SW I'd easily have had guts of another stone on me by end of Christmas :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chickatees

Hello everyone and happy Christmas!

I've subscribed to this thread to keep me motivated. I joined SW two weeks ago and had my first weigh in on Monday. I lost 6.5lbs. I was amazed and delighted. Not sure if I can make next Monday's weigh in which is a pain as the class finishes early, however I'm going to try be 100% until Christmas Day and then relax a little on the day itself. Hope you are all doing well x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Weigh in tomorrow, well that should be a good laugh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Joining sw on Wednesday!!! Need to lose 2 stone

• Advertisement

Dreading weigh in tomorrow. All my good intentions went out the window, got on a plane and disappeared! I ate and drank everything and anything since Tuesday. This should be the kick I need to get back on track, I just hope it's not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Hi guys, Joining Slimming World Wed, am fairly excited to tbh as this is a new one finally opening in cork. Did it about 2 and a half yrs ago online before I got married and lost about 2 stone which i've slowly gained back in the last 2 yrs! At least this time I'll have a support group in meetings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 loseit

Have to lose 30 lbs......

Had my terrifying weigh which turned out not to be terrifying at all, only gained 1lb. I almost fell off the scales with the shock. I was expecting around the 4/5 mark. I had a really good Christmas week and while I had pretty much whatever I wanted and definitely over indulged it wasn't nearly as bad as I would usually be at Christmas. I think just being aware of slimming world made me make slightly better choices like don't have a selection box for breakfast! I'm really happy and feel I'm getting off on the right foot for this year and will hopefully keep going strong. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and good luck to the people joining this week, I hope you love it!
    Penny :)

Just a quick question, can anyone tell me what star week is? I have heard a good few people mention it in my group and everyone else seems to know. Just wondering, thanks.

PennyWren wrote: »
    Just a quick question, can anyone tell me what star week is? I have heard a good few people mention it in my group and everyone else seems to know. Just wondering, thanks.

The week you have your period;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

up 3lbs,ah feck it, it was christmas, have 2 weeks to loose half a stone , have a big birthday coming up:cool:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    The week you have your period;)

Oh! Thanks. I'm kind of glad I didn't ask in class would have felt a bit stupid, although I wonder why they don't just say I got my period! Thanks Ms2011!

PennyWren wrote: »
    Oh! Thanks. I'm kind of glad I didn't ask in class would have felt a bit stupid, although I wonder why they don't just say I got my period! Thanks Ms2011!

No probs, I only found out when I asked on here too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 treelights

Hi all, have any of you any experience with Slimming World in Drumcondra in Dublin?

Also, how does it work with alcohol?? Whenever I've lost weight in the past, I've had to give up drinking completely in order to do it - hard going on nights out and not sustainable (long-term) for me, anyway. Uh, not that I'm an alcho, just that it's hard not to drink socially!

Thanks and best of luck with your New Year's resolutions!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I'm joining Wednesday. Mortified about standing on scales, do they call your weight out in front of everyone?

lukesmom wrote: »
    I'm joining Wednesday. Mortified about standing on scales, do they call your weight out in front of everyone?

No they just say how much you have lost/gained
    If you don't want this said out loud just say to group leader

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭glack

Delighted to have only gained 2 lbs this week. Was sure it would be more!! Determined to get back on track this week. My sister is gettind married in 8 weeks and would like another stone off by then. Hard when you're off work though!!

hows everyone getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Joined today!! Just had chicken chow mein for dinner and it was fab ;-)

Joined today!! Just had chicken chow mein for dinner and it was fab ;-)
    i had diet coke chicken, its the biz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Is there any other yoghurt I can get other than muller? Just waiting out my shopping list now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Murtymurry

Hi All,

Have been a WW for years and have decided I need a new challenge and am going to join Slimming World on Tuesday as am fed up after a year of ups and downs with WW am still the same weight I was this time last year, in total I have lost 5stone (maybe less after the Christmas:))

I am starting the 7 day menu as stated on their website as I am eager to get going. They mention syns in it on a few places but am just wondering which plan this is as it doesn't say, I know they won't give away too much on the website as they want you to join up and I presume ill get all the info I need on Tuesday. Which plan do you feel is the best, the red, green or easy one?

Any tips and advice would be greatly received.

Thanls

• Registered Users Posts: 26 loseit

[QUOTE

On 1st January I said I would loose 7 stone, I NEVER said it out loud, but not it is gone, it was hard dont get me wrong, and every week they were small losses of 3 lbs, 2 lbs, 1 lbs, half a pound, maintains, but if you stick to it, stick exactly to the plan, it REALLY works!![/QUOTE]

Have you lost nearly 7 stone since Jan 1st 2013 ? Well Done, that is excellent.

• Advertisement

My name is Fiona and I am a food addict.

I shall be starting back at my 'therapy' on Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement