Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

Fiona wrote: »
    Blondie get the slimming world app on your phone it will be your best friend when you are doing your food shop :)

yea the app is excellent, you will find me checking everything out on t he app as i walk around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

yea the app is excellent, you will find me checking everything out on t he app as i walk around.

I have yet to pick up a product branded or not and not find it, they even have Aldi foods in it, you would be lost without it!

There is another good app you can get for your phone called points trackers where you can enter in your syns for the day, it can be used for WW or SW, I rely on it most at the weekends when your out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Down a pound...3lbs left to my final 5 stone target. Its soooooo haaarrrrddd. Im so close but I want it over already. ..but then I don't want it over too far away from Christmas in case I do some damage in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Weigh in tomorrow!! I only seem to be able to go every second week lol so will be my 4th WI but 8 weeks in... I think. .. seems like a lot must check that!! lost 4lb the 1st 2 weeks, 3.5 the second two(half stone award!!) , then put on 2 :((... It's been 2 more weeks & I'm hoping for a good result tomorrow... lose the 2 I put back on & a couple more to bring me into the next stone bracket!!
    I love SW & really hoping it will continue to work for me!!
    Good luck all & Thanks for the inspiration!!

Down 2lbs tonight :)

Happy enough, I did have a bad dinner at my sisters last Wednesday, it was one of those unavoidable situations that you just have to endure, enjoyable but at the same time you don't want to be there as you know it's going to affect your result butttt at the same time we have to live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Weigh in tomorrow!! I only seem to be able to go every second week lol so will be my 4th WI but 8 weeks in... I think. .. seems like a lot must check that!! lost 4lb the 1st 2 weeks, 3.5 the second two(half stone award!!) , then put on 2 :((... It's been 2 more weeks & I'm hoping for a good result tomorrow... lose the 2 I put back on & a couple more to bring me into the next stone bracket!!
    I love SW & really hoping it will continue to work for me!!
    Good luck all & Thanks for the inspiration!!

Hi guys, got my 9st award last night with a loss of 7lbs, biggest loss so far in a week. I did put on 2lbs last week so i am putting it down to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi guys, got my 9st award last night with a loss of 7lbs, biggest loss so far in a week. I did put on 2lbs last week so i am putting it down to that.

Amazing! Well done, I was down 3.5lbs but that was over two weeks, so on 6st 3.5lbs now, I am finding it very slow now that I am close to target, what is your secret??! I am in the gym 5-6 times per week so I am hoping that I am building muscle which is heaving that fat and that is what is going on!!

Mimojo wrote: »
    Amazing! Well done, I was down 3.5lbs but that was over two weeks, so on 6st 3.5lbs now, I am finding it very slow now that I am close to target, what is your secret??! I am in the gym 5-6 times per week so I am hoping that I am building muscle which is heaving that fat and that is what is going on!!

it really does slow down as you have less to loose, i think your body is trying to hold on to reserves, as it gets close to target.

I would be in the gym at least 5 times a week, mostly cardio, s,mall bit of resistance.

i find you have to be even stricter with food as you get to target, watch exactly what you eat, question everything, how was it made, what was put in it etc.

also sysn, i keep below ten always... not much of a life i know but i will do this once and thats it. not going through this again.:D

it really does slow down as you have less to loose, i think your body is trying to hold on to reserves, as it gets close to target.

I would be in the gym at least 5 times a week, mostly cardio, s,mall bit of resistance.

i find you have to be even stricter with food as you get to target, watch exactly what you eat, question everything, how was it made, what was put in it etc.

also sysn, i keep below ten always... not much of a life i know but i will do this once and thats it. not going through this again.:D

Me neither! Plan is GET RID of the rest of this weight, and maintain a healthy weight forever more!!!! Not going through this again either, feel like I have NO life, but ya now it was well worth it, have never felt so good & being able to buy Size 12 clothes is amazing!!

Thanks for the advice, will have to start being more careful I think, but in fairness if I can get rid of 1-1.5 lbs per week I would be delighted, and I will get there in the end! Loving the gym too, really get such a kick of it it, same as that plenty of cardio and some weights, hoping to increase the weight training soon.

• Advertisement

Mimojo wrote: »
    Me neither! Plan is GET RID of the rest of this weight, and maintain a healthy weight forever more!!!! Not going through this again either, feel like I have NO life, but ya now it was well worth it, have never felt so good & being able to buy Size 12 clothes is amazing!!

Thanks for the advice, will have to start being more careful I think, but in fairness if I can get rid of 1-1.5 lbs per week I would be delighted, and I will get there in the end! Loving the gym too, really get such a kick of it it, same as that plenty of cardio and some weights, hoping to increase the weight training soon.

it seems to be in a wave for me, maintain loose, maintain loose, in fairness a week is a very short time to weight, should be two weeks minimum.

1-2 lbs is realistic and healthy.

Keep it up ;-)

it seems to be in a wave for me, maintain loose, maintain loose, in fairness a week is a very short time to weight, should be two weeks minimum.

1-2 lbs is realistic and healthy.

Keep it up ;-)

You too, you are STORMING through those lbs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

My mother just started at swimming world. Maybe it's the way she's explaining it or her understanding of it but I just don't get it.

She seems to be under the impression that she can eat as much as she like of certain foods, I can't remember exactly what she said but it was something like 'If I have such and such a breakfast I can eat as much pasta or rice as I like'. Is this a correct understanding?

I'm no expert but I told her she can't just eat as much carbs as she likes and in fact should be limiting her portions of such foods.

She wasn't able to fully explain syns to me either, can I get this information and more if I get her login details for the website? I want to know the ins and out of this diet as I really want her to succeed and be there to support her.

Thanks
    Beau

Hey there

You should be able to find a lot from their website without having to log in. Basically yes you can eat as much pasta, rice and potatoes as one wishes but if you follow the plan you will see that you should be eating veg with most meals which means you will naturally be having a lower portion of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rubylolz

Hi guys, just looking for some insight if possible... sticking to the plan but its being very slow for me :( this week did it to the letter of the law and actually ended up 1lb up :( using a food diary and everything... only thing is I am walking / exercising every day religiously for last two weeks and I am wondering if this is the cause? I would always have been big into exercising just stopped in recent months due to an injury... any body got any ideas? Also, I do eat an awful lot of fruit - grapes strawberries etc an wondering if that could be the problem either??? losing the will.... :o

Rubylolz wrote: »
    Hi guys, just looking for some insight if possible... sticking to the plan but its being very slow for me :( this week did it to the letter of the law and actually ended up 1lb up :( using a food diary and everything... only thing is I am walking / exercising every day religiously for last two weeks and I am wondering if this is the cause? I would always have been big into exercising just stopped in recent months due to an injury... any body got any ideas? Also, I do eat an awful lot of fruit - grapes strawberries etc an wondering if that could be the problem either??? losing the will.... :o

a lady in out group was eating 3 melons a day on the theory it was super speed fruit so would help the weightloss, but melons have 500 calories.

loads of fruit can hamper it i think, when i think i am having to much fruit i start on the raw carrots for a few days instead.

i am in the gym minimum 5 days a week which has helped speed my weightloss up.

are you hitting 15 sysns daily? having minimum 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tadgh1087

My sister in law has lost 6 stone since start of this year so it must be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rubylolz

a lady in out group was eating 3 melons a day on the theory it was super speed fruit so would help the weightloss, but melons have 500 calories.

loads of fruit can hamper it i think, when i think i am having to much fruit i start on the raw carrots for a few days instead.

i am in the gym minimum 5 days a week which has helped speed my weightloss up.

are you hitting 15 sysns daily? having minimum 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods?

Thanks for the reply... Not hitting the 15 sins daily at most 8-9?... Yep 1/3 super free all the way... Defo going to lay off the fruit although I love it :( .. Good to hear gym was helping, my friend just mentioned that the exercise could be building muscle an that's why wasn't losing... Its just getting a little frustrating, will keep plugging away an hopefully some day it will come good... Thanks again

I have had such a bad and a good weekend, bad in that I have gone over syns but good in that I didn't go as mad as I usually would so had a bit of restraint.

This weekend and next are very bad ones and I just can't wait to get them over with!

Bought some grapefruits today, the red ones are not that bad, just awkward to eat until I watched a youtube video on how to cut them properly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I eat grapefuits half of one every miring and I cut it in half than quarter the half of the grapefruit just eat it like an orange as its better otherwise it will be all over you.. Best of luck yellow more bitter orangey ones not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all,

I am relatively new to SW....i joined about 6 weeks ago and lost 7lbs in 3 weeks :D Howver, i havent been back to class in 3 weeks and cant really afford to go back paying the missed week fees :eek: so i am going to continue on alone and hope for the best. I think this plan is working for me as i havent been eating bread.

I would be grateful of any tips you all may have. The most difficult thing i am experiencing is finding something quick and easy to bring for lunch in work. :rolleyes:

Down 1.5 tonight, delighted with that as I went over my syns a little but I was very aware of it and didn't go crazy either.

Have Halloween party this weekend so dunno how I will keep it together as the boyfriend is up for the weekend as well and we are staying with the mother so there will be Superquinn sausages and roast on offer :D

Boop I have tried to do it on my own so many times and failed miserably, for me I need the class and the body therapy, it works.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am relatively new to SW....i joined about 6 weeks ago and lost 7lbs in 3 weeks :D Howver, i havent been back to class in 3 weeks and cant really afford to go back paying the missed week fees :eek: so i am going to continue on alone and hope for the best. I think this plan is working for me as i havent been eating bread.

I would be grateful of any tips you all may have. The most difficult thing i am experiencing is finding something quick and easy to bring for lunch in work. :rolleyes:

i think the class is at least 50% of the battle, you need the scales everyweek to keep you on track, it is expensive but if your going to do this, you need to put the cash into it. i decided to have 2 less pints a week to pay for it:D

Well done on the Loss Fiona.

I do realise that the class is always good for staying on track. But i cant justify paying €27 just because i missed 2 weeks due to being sick and other stuff i had going on :(. I cant believe that they charge you for every missed week unlike ww or unislim who cap the penalty fee at one week!!

Anyway, have being doing good on my own so far. And i have been exercising more, something i wasnt doing while attending class. I think threads like this are great for motivation and ideas. Hopefully i can keep it up on my own :)

You could explain to them that you were ill and they may allow you to take some holidays, it might actually be cheaper to join again, they normally have deals where you can join for €18, check their website :)

Re lunch that can be trickey at times, today I had some pasta and pesto that I made last along with some hot smoked salmon so all I had to syn was my pesto 2.5 for a tablespoon.

Otherwise I have left over dinners, beans on toast, baked spuds with cottage cheese or tuna or beef chilli, you do need to get inventive to keep the variety up it's not easy!

Thanks for those ideas Fiona, i was having rice with chicken or beef for lunches but i am kinda fed up with that now!! Will have to change things up a bit.

I was in contact with my leader in relation to missing the weeks and what was going on to see if i could even take one of the weeks as a holiday but she didnt even bother replying to my message which had kinda turned me off.

I have decided to weigh myself once a week in the chemist and see how i get on that way.

Fingers Crossed.....Only 8 weeks till Christmas :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

You could rejoin for € 18...you'd lose yourhhistory though

Thanks I wasn't sure if you could do that.... I might do that next week :)

Boop22 wrote: »
    I was in contact with my leader in relation to missing the weeks and what was going on to see if i could even take one of the weeks as a holiday but she didnt even bother replying to my message which had kinda turned me off.

That's strange they didn't get back my leader is very hands on he even wrote feedback for me on my food diaries I was delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

I have recently joined SW (online) and just a littled confused - are the extra easy "A" and "B" syn free as long as you don't go over the recommended amount & then a syn if you do? Also the milk the recommended daily allowance is that also syn free?

Thanks, want to lose 10lbs by Christmas ! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement