Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Drink is a killer for me on the scales. If I budget my syns for it and prepare myself (lots of healthy easy to make/premade food in the fridge for the morning after) then I'm fine...but if I haven't planned it, I'll ALWAYS see a gain.

I found this a good read (from the members area of the website I think):
    https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/useful-features/tipping-point-members.aspx

Also wine is quite high in syns comparably - https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/useful-features/alcohol.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Another 3.5lbs down last night, got slimmer of the week so I'm delighted! It's given me a great boost for the week ahead. Got my 1st half stone sticker last night, I'm very proud of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Down 3lbs last night after being up 1.5 the week before, so I feel back in controll. I definitely had a better week this week than the previous one but by no means perfect, so I'm pleased to have made a proper improvement, not just lost the same 1.5lbs from the previous week.

I've 3 dinners, 1 lunch and 1 brunch planned out this week so I'll be tested but I'm feeling really motivated and in control. I'm now only 4lbs away from 2stone and I'd really like to achieve that over the next 2 weeks which I feel is achieveable if I don't lose the run of myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Gave up the drink last night. Slept much better and feel like a fog is lifted today. 40 mins strenuous exercise yesterday, and a nice stir fry for dinner. Swimming today. I'd better be down on Friday!

Down 3lbs last night after being up 1.5 the week before, so I feel back in controll. I definitely had a better week this week than the previous one but by no means perfect, so I'm pleased to have made a proper improvement, not just lost the same 1.5lbs from the previous week.

I've 3 dinners, 1 lunch and 1 brunch planned out this week so I'll be tested but I'm feeling really motivated and in control. I'm now only 4lbs away from 2stone and I'd really like to achieve that over the next 2 weeks which I feel is achieveable if I don't lose the run of myself!

I had a Take That concert during the week and a brunch, but I just made sure to make smart choices, walked to the 3 Arena and back to the bus instead of taking a taxi. Also with the lunch, everyone else went straight to the cakes and desserts but I stuck to a salad! Also, after the Take That concert my friend insisted on going to McDonalds, I got out my phone to look at the SW app, went through the menu and settled on 4 chicken nuggets and put down the Syns for them!

• Advertisement

Areas wrote: »
    I had a Take That concert during the week and a brunch, but I just made sure to make smart choices, walked to the 3 Arena and back to the bus instead of taking a taxi. Also with the lunch, everyone else went straight to the cakes and desserts but I stuck to a salad! Also, after the Take That concert my friend insisted on going to McDonalds, I got out my phone to look at the SW app, went through the menu and settled on 4 chicken nuggets and put down the Syns for them!

Thanks, thats exactly what I'll have to do! Thankfully I've had input into most of the places I'm due to go (the lunch is with work so no choice there - its an italian so hopefully I can get a tomato based sauce and side salad) but generally I've managed to pick places that have good options for me that will keep me on track without feeling too deprived :)

It's so much easier when you can pick the place and have a look at the menu before hand and be prepared! Italian, is a great choice, as you said get a tomato based sauce and a side salad! Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Everything in 'moderation' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A few special offers that might interest ye:
    Frylight (olive oil and sunflower oil varieties) is currently reduced from €2.99 to €2 in both Dunnes and Tesco.
    Fibre One bars (90 calorie brownies, lemon drizzle thingies and salted caramel cake bar yokes) are on offer in Dunnes, I think they are €2.50 or €3 rather than €4 a pack.
    All Bran is €3 in Tesco, usually €4.85 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Down 2lbs this week , was totally convinced I had a gain, 12 down!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    A few special offers that might interest ye:
    Frylight (olive oil and sunflower oil varieties) is currently reduced from €2.99 to €2 in both Dunnes and Tesco.
    Fibre One bars (90 calorie brownies, lemon drizzle thingies and salted caramel cake bar yokes) are on offer in Dunnes, I think they are €2.50 or €3 rather than €4 a pack.
    All Bran is €3 in Tesco, usually €4.85 or so.

Dealz had a load of boxes fibre one brownies for €2 a box last weekend, dunno if they still do but worth stocking up if you find any!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Got a packet of Fitzgerald bagels there. One counts as your HEB. Tasted nice. Any Facebook group that anyone would recommend. Many refer to products not on sale here. Have local one for people in my town but pretty poor tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Got a packet of Fitzgerald bagels there. One counts as your HEB. Tasted nice. Any Facebook group that anyone would recommend. Many refer to products not on sale here. Have local one for people in my town but pretty poor tbh.

What type of bagel is it? I love fitzgeralds ones but didn't know I could use them as a healthy extra so this is fab news!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    What type of bagel is it? I love fitzgeralds ones but didn't know I could use them as a healthy extra so this is fab news!

You can only use the slim ones. Be very careful because the plan slim and normal plain both have orange packaging so easy to mix them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Yeah be so careful. Slims ones only. As said packaging can be very like regular ones which are high Syns . Available in Dunnes stores and Supervalu.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

It's the Fitzgerald Bagel Slims - either Wholemeal or Multiseed & Cereal.

I finally got down into the next stone! Although my loss was only about 2 lbs, the psychological boost of getting into the next "stone zone" is amazing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Syn value - Might be useful if the sun comes out again :p

sweet%20treats_zps2adbdwc0.jpg
    sweet%20treats1_zpsus4y3ofi.jpg
    sweet%20treats2_zpscfwm6ymy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Anybody found a nice sauce for salads ?

Love the chipotle southwest sauce

Any good ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

So I was out with old friends at the weekend, some of whom I haven't seen for years, and both their reactions and the photographs the next day, really gave me a kick up the bum. It's ridiculous how much weight I have on me. I feel sick...

I've joined online as getting to a class isn't possible at the moment.

• Advertisement

Weigh In last night - only down 0.5lbs even though I felt like I could have had more. As I mentioned previously, I'd had a lot of social engagements the past week so wasnt eating at home as much as normal. I made pretty good choices, but clearly not all my meals were perfect - although if I'd had the same week before joining SW I probably would have eaten all around me.

I also had drinks 2 nights this week, and even though I was only having G&Ts (slimline) I was probably over my sysn (not hugely, but a few over) each of those days.

Anyway, nothing much planned this week, so hoping to eat at home much more.

Down another 2lbs to 10 now in total! Delighted! Have a massive BBQ on saturday, college reunion we have every year, going to stick to chicken and proper meat and avoid the breads, fill up on salads, but there's no avoiding the amount of vodka i'll consume! I'm going to have my fakeaway and healthy fry ready to go on the sunday to get me back on track!

So I was out with old friends at the weekend, some of whom I haven't seen for years, and both their reactions and the photographs the next day, really gave me a kick up the bum. It's ridiculous how much weight I have on me. I feel sick...

I've joined online as getting to a class isn't possible at the moment.

Well done on starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Anybody know what section in a supermarket you'd find pan boxty or boiled boxty? I see the SW bloggers raving about it and want to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Anybody know what section in a supermarket you'd find pan boxty or boiled boxty? I see the SW bloggers raving about it and want to try it out.

In my Supervalu it's in the same fridge as where the rashers/sausages etc is. In a different branch I've seen it in the fridge on same aisle as the fruit and veg. I love it, it's so handy!

I've never seen it in any other supermarket actually.

Weekly update, down another 2lbs, got my first stone thrilled! I don't stay to the meetings as they are not my cup of tea! I'm on holiday next week so I have booked a week off must keep on track! Thanks for reading .Val.

Me again just got a Facebook message that I got slimmer of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Ive got the boiled boxty in iceland in the fresh salad fridge! Lovely fried with garlic frylight!

Down 1 and a half pounds last night, making it 12 pounds so far! Delighted as I had a big BBQ over the weekend. I really enjoyed myself but stayed away from the breads and taytos etc. My downfall was the bar, it was a free bar for the whole day and we had the run of the cocktail bar where we just got behind and made our own. So the 1.5 pounds down was great! Looking forward to getting my 1st stone next week!

• Advertisement

Down one pound. Suppose it is moving in the right direction! We had pizza last night. First time in 10 weeks. Instead of a medium each, we split a large and couldn't finish it. isn't it amazing when you get used to not eating junk food, that your capacity for it diminishes so much?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement