Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

First gain for me this week of 1lb, still a loss of 4st 1lb this year so I'm happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Does anyone know if there is a syn free salad dressing?

Does anyone know if there is a syn free salad dressing?

Balsamic vinegar is free, as is the fat free vinaigrette by Hellmans

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Quick question I know we do not have to weigh food but what size potatoe in grams is ok? Tonight I weighed the baby potatoes it's about 350gr with a striploin steak and lots of veg (onion, pepper , courgette) all done in frylight is this ok do you think on the weight of potato! Thanks for reading

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Valyawl wrote: »
    Quick question I know we do not have to weigh food but what size potatoe in grams is ok? Tonight I weighed the baby potatoes it's about 350gr with a striploin steak and lots of veg (onion, pepper , courgette) all done in frylight is this ok do you think on the weight of potato! Thanks for reading

If it's enough to satisfy you, keep you full as long as you need it to and you're making a conscious effort to stop when you're full it's perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

A woman in my group on Saturday got her 1/2 st, 1 st AND her 1 1/2 st award after her first week of joining ! - never heard the like of it

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Had to read that 3 times 1 & 1/2 stone loss in first week that surely is a record and wonder if she had a massive amount to loose, either way I never heard of it and doubt it is healthy and sustainable in the long run

My thoughts exactly - I bumped into her yesterday and she told me that our consultant had sat her down afterwards and gone through a retrospective food diary as she (the consultant) was concerned. She said that she'd been eating a whole heap of rubbish and literally cut it out when she joined (beer, crisps, chocolate, bread etc) and started walking and stopped picking.

From what she said, it certainly sounded as though she was eating well on plan - sounds like a complete lifestyle change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

As far as i know Woman's Way has a voucher in this weeks magazine. I saw a screenshot of it on Slim With Fiona's snapchat but don't have my phone with me now to double check.

• Advertisement

As far as i know Woman's Way has a voucher in this weeks magazine. I saw a screenshot of it on Slim With Fiona's snapchat but don't have my phone with me now to double check.

FB_IMG_1493730738554_zpslht1ghwh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

4lb loss for me this evening, 4st 5lb so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Congrats. :) I put 2lbs on! Working to get it off this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Congrats. :) I put 2lbs on! Working to get it off this week. :)

Week 2, down 3 lbs �� Happy with that, have a family occassion coming up this weekend out for dinner and cake, I hope to make right choices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Thanks for sharing that FizzleSticks, its amazing how the body gets accustomed to the same foods and how the change helped you loose 2lbs, I am trying to loose 4lbs for months but hanging in there, I know I need to focus more on the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Does anyone know how many syns are in a cappuchino from a shop coffee machine?? I checked the app and it's saying 4.5 but could I count it as less / free because I wouldn't normally use all of my HexA??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many syns are in a cappuchino from a shop coffee machine?? I checked the app and it's saying 4.5 but could I count it as less / free because I wouldn't normally use all of my HexA??

The official line is that you can't count it towards your hex a... but I always have and it never effected my weight loss.. I can see them filling the cup in Starbucks and they alway fill to the same line on it so the whole thing about it not being the exact amount of milk doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Does anyone know what the offer is for signing up to the 12 week countdown in May? (Like the free book in Februay)One of the consultants I follow on Snapchat mentioned one but I can't remember what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It's a food diary I think.

What's the best yoghurt to make overnight oats with?
    I use muller light vanilla and it's yum but I'm after a healthier alternative.
    TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Week 8. Am 1lb away from a stone gone. (another 2 to go!). I find that alcohol
    is the hardest thing to give up. I feel that the single biggest change I have made which seems to have worked for me is having "dinner" at lunch time and "lunch" at dinner time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Just joined SW last night. Pretty nervous because I've tried different things before all with varying results, some great, some not so great, but the weight has always crept back on as I slide back to old habits. I have at least 7 stone to lose, but I'm determined. My consultant from last night seems lovely. I've signed up for 12 weeks to make myself commit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The skinny chicken burgers from M&S are nice, 0.5 syn each

2.5lbs down in my third week, happy with that . Going to try a few new recipes to mix it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Just a little line to say that I started 7 weeks ago today with slimming world and I weighed 17st 13lb and already in the 7 weeks I have lost 2st 61/2 pounds I find this absolutely incredible and can't believe it I still have a long way to go but please keep at it as this group has changed my life forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

That's an amazing result.
    Well done you.
    You've formed the habit now.
    Have you found it difficult?

I haven't had the resolve to stick to it at all.

I'm starting to feel perplexed at how slow this is going, even though when my mam did SW and would text me she was "only" down a pound or a half I would remind her that its a process and it's going the right way. I need to take my own advice! But when I compare who I am now to who I was before, I don't know why it is slow. I am walking with the dog every evening (at least 40mins uphill) plus have completely cut out junk food and am mindful at every meal. I suppose, it didn't go on overnight....

Also suffer bloating occasionally which can send me up a couple of pounds. Melon cuts down fluid - any other food?

house45 wrote: »
    Just a little line to say that I started 7 weeks ago today with slimming world and I weighed 17st 13lb and already in the 7 weeks I have lost 2st 61/2 pounds I find this absolutely incredible and can't believe it I still have a long way to go but please keep at it as this group has changed my life forever.

Wow fantastic. Go you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Have to say I found it difficult for the first week or two but honestly have to say Its the most satisfiing thing I have ever done the one thing that I can't get my head round is how much energy I have now I'm bouncing round the place a real skip in my step but please stick with it as it's worth the hard work .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement