Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Well I would do measurements and progress pics for yourself now so you have them. I have found them great at times like that

On a seperate note would anyone have any idea what a butchers burger would be syns wise? Very good quality mince and a standard size patty not a quarter pounder. Any ideas?

Possibly free unless they've used breadcrumbs in the mix.
    If they haven't it's likely to be just lean mince and seasoning.
    Maybe pop down a couple of syns though in case it's not <5% fat!

I'm so excited about my breakfast today.
    BLT using bacon medallions and brown bread as my HEXB - tomato and lettuce for speed.
    Was going to add cheese as my HEXA but then decided it would be yummy enough as is and I would save the calories.

Come on 10.30am :P

On another note though, this Friday is going to be so hard! We're having a bake sale at work AND we're being bought fish and chips. Jesus...I'll have to bring an extra tasty lunch to pass up that temptation.
    I'll have a slice of cake though for sure :D

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    I'm so excited about my breakfast today.
    BLT using bacon medallions and brown bread as my HEXB - tomato and lettuce for speed.
    Was going to add cheese as my HEXA but then decided it would be yummy enough as is and I would save the calories.

Come on 10.30am :P

On another note though, this Friday is going to be so hard! We're having a bake sale at work AND we're being bought fish and chips. Jesus...I'll have to bring an extra tasty lunch to pass up that temptation.
    I'll have a slice of cake though for sure :D
    I promised I'd bake the OH some Nutella brownies for Valentine's day...worked them out at 10 syns each so that'll probably be where the week's syns go! :eek:

I promised I'd bake the OH some Nutella brownies for Valentine's day...worked them out at 10 syns each so that'll probably be where the week's syns go! :eek:

Not a bad way to use your syns though! Yum :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

If you're like me and prefer homemade pizza made with an actual dough base and not mucking around with cauliflower/mashed potato/whatever my pro tip is to pick up a pack of wholemeal bread mix in Aldi or Tesco and make it up as instructed. Once it's risen, portion out into 60g balls and you can roll these out to make pizza bases using your HEB. If you do an SP day you can have 2 of these to make a bigger base, otherwise it's 3 syns per extra 30g you use. I freeze any leftover balls and then you can have pizza bases on hand for when you need :)

Regarding syns, best not to overthink what you ate for the weekend, just focus on sticking to the plan this week, maybe try an SP or keep your syns a bit lower during the week and you should be fine :)

Thanks, I'll give the breadmix thing a go! I'm also going to try make a little pizza someitmes wtih those Bfree wraps (which I havent gotten yet. I love pizza though, its one of my main weaknesses (alongside crisps!)

Had a good day yesterday actually - I'm counting it as 9 syns.
    Breakfast - overnight oats using my hexB. It was actually loads so I'd consider only using half in future. Used frozen raspberries also which were really handy. Also had an apple
    Lunch - bit random but I had 2x Linda McCartney veg sausages (I'd seen them on a SW consultants snapchat) and I pan-fried some tomatoes, mushrooms and chili flakes which was actually really tasty. I put both in a bowl and topped with a slightly runny fried egg - made it up as i went along but it was delish. 1 syn for the 2 sausages. Might do this again with Mallons GF sausages to make it free, but sometimes I like to go without meat.
    Snack - Muller light (free) and 2 tsps of chocshot for 1 syn. This was nice but honestly i think I'd rather eat the choc shot on its own, as its so delish and felt it got a bit lost in the yogurt.
    Dinner - (post work out) was spicy pasta with a tomato sauce with bacon medallion through it. 1 syn for a tiny bit of olive oil (spray from tesco, 2 cals per spray) on the pasta because I love the taste and again 3 sysn for some Parmesan.
    Snack - pack of raspberries and an apple and a hifi bar 3 syns.

I only used some of my hexA on 2 light babybells.

I would love to have a SW fry in the mornings :) toast with a fry is a much better use of my HexB IMO! Problem is I just don't get up early enough and can't face much faffing in the kitchen in the mornings. Maybe I need an airfryer so I can put it on and just walk away because sausages/bacon for breakfast are just delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Probably been asked already, but what are good things to snack on in between meals on slimming world? I have been eating carrot sticks but I'm getting sick of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Speed fruit... Tangerines are my usual go to. Or a free yoghurt.

This week has been a diet disaster.
    I'm just writing it off and starting afresh today.

Probably been asked already, but what are good things to snack on in between meals on slimming world? I have been eating carrot sticks but I'm getting sick of them.

My snack this week has been a pot of Muller light with a chopped up banana and some raspberries.

I've also developed an obsession with melon this week - €1.69 for a large one in Tesco, I cut it up into chunks and keep a big bowl in the fridge at work.

I actually really like the hifi bars or using light babybells for my hex A (you can have 3).

Free yoghuts are also good, planning to experiment with freezing them and adding a bit of chocshot :)

Just had one of those 'naked noodles' instant noodles for a snack- really flavoursome, don't normally like instant noodles much but devoured these. Only 1 syn!

Just had one of those 'naked noodles' instant noodles for a snack- really flavoursome, don't normally like instant noodles much but devoured these. Only 1 syn!

I've only tried the curry flavor which is syn free :) I'm planning on getting a few to keep at my desk for days when the canteen food is particularly grim :) They're really nice and guilt free :)

I've only tried the curry flavor which is syn free :) I'm planning on getting a few to keep at my desk for days when the canteen food is particularly grim :) They're really nice and guilt free :)
    I had the Thai Sweet Chilli one, my Tesco only had that and the Hoisin Duck one so I guess I'll try that one next!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Isn't it gas how everyone likes different things - I hated those Naked Noodle pots! I was hankering for a takeaway pad Thai when I tried one and it just didn't cut it lol! :D

tk123 wrote: »
    Isn't it gas how everyone likes different things - I hated those Naked Noodle pots! I was hankering for a takeaway pad Thai when I tried one and it just didn't cut it lol! :D
    Lol well it definitely isn't anything like a pad thai so I guess if I was expecting it to be I'd be disappointed too :P

tk123 wrote: »

Ha, to be fair it probably wouldnt satisfy me if I was hankering for a takeaway but for me its really just a lunch option which is not gross!

I'd say you could make a good Pad Thai at home though, and keep it low in syns :)

• Advertisement

I've seen pad thais quoted at around 5-6 syns so they're not that bad to begin with really.

Have my first weigh in today girls - I really feel like I've lost nothing!
    Not feeling very optimistic to be honest. Hopefully I'll get a nice surprise though.

Not feeling very optimistic to be honest. Hopefully I'll get a nice surprise though.
    Let us know how you get on, hopefully you'll be surprised :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

First weigh in for me too. However I joined a morning group last Saturday and had to weigh in to an evening group tonight because I'm in doing a 5k during my meeting. Was really worried because it was later in the day and so soon....

Down 6.5lbs!!

First weigh in for me too. However I joined a morning group last Saturday and had to weigh in to an evening group tonight because I'm in doing a 5k during my meeting. Was really worried because it was later in the day and so soon....

Down 6.5lbs!!

That's excellent! Well done.

I'm only down 0.5lb, really disappointed.
    A bit more portion control this week and lots of water.

I'm only down 0.5kb, really disappointed.

Don't be disappointed, that's just over a pound which is a healthy loss over the course of a week! I only ever lose about that per week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I do have an awful lot to lose and was coming out of TOM so I expected a decent enough loss for week kne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm the worst culprit for thinking in terms of 'only one pound/only half a pound/etc' but just think if you lost half a pound a week for the whole year, that's over 2 stone off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I don't know about anyone else as I've only been doing SW since September, but I find the smaller losses much more sustainable. Any week I've had a bigger loss (4lbs has been the most for me in any week), it's been because I've been sick or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement