Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Three days of SP completed which included the entire weekend and a day out shopping today. Hoping for a loss on Thursday, would be so happy with 2lb but obviously delighted with even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sarah37

Some help please! I've lost 15 pounds in 10 weeks, but have put on .5pound two weeks in a row and expect to be up again this week. Finding it very hard to motivate myself. I've always had unhealthy eating habits, possibly to the point of an eating disorder so I know losing weight isn't a choice, it's a necessity. I just can't seem to push myself to try. What do you all do when you need to get back on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

sarah37 wrote: »
    Some help please! I've lost 15 pounds in 10 weeks, but have put on .5pound two weeks in a row and expect to be up again this week. Finding it very hard to motivate myself. I've always had unhealthy eating habits, possibly to the point of an eating disorder so I know losing weight isn't a choice, it's a necessity. I just can't seem to push myself to try. What do you all do when you need to get back on track?

I am sorry to hear that, in my case, I put old clothes that used to fit me back on, I look at old photos to see what I did look like. It is hard to keep going, think about what made you join SW in the first place and try to focus on what you would like to look like when you get to target. That's what I try to do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

1.5 pounds off today :):) delighted with that, 5 pounds to target now, yay!
    Also, Pink Lady apples are amazing, how did I not know this before?!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I have seriously fallen off the wagon the last couple of months. I've let myself put on 12 bloody pounds and those were the hardest ones to lose! I'll be keeping an eye here for motivation, it's great to see everyone doing so well!
    I'm so annoyed with myself because i had been doing so well and I felt great and now I just feel bloated and sluggish.
    It's so easy to put it back on!
    Hopefully I'll get my first loss in 8 weeks next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

sarah37 wrote: »

Try keeping all stuff that you know are bad for you out of the house, including bread if you're eating too much of it, just don't buy it.

I know it's hard when you sit down in the evenings or even daytime and would love something nice, try a hot chocolate or something like that, it helps, or even make up a big bowl of some chicken fried rice or noodles and leave them in the fridge for heating up any time you feel like something, i find this great and can you eat it as many times during the day as i like..

But don't give up, if you lost 15 pounds you can loose it again and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

dee_mc wrote: »
    1.5 pounds off today :):) delighted with that, 5 pounds to target now, yay!
    Also, Pink Lady apples are amazing, how did I not know this before?!

Well done on the loss. Am a huge fan of Pink Lady apples too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down 1.5 lb tonight and into another stone bracket :) We're away for a few days next week but it's self-catering so should be fine. Just goes to show you can enjoy yourself and still lose weight if you're sensible the rest of the time.

Dolbert wrote: »
    Down 1.5 lb tonight and into another stone bracket :) We're away for a few days next week but it's self-catering so should be fine.

Well done!

Who's up for a Christmas Challenge? 13 weeks to Christmas and I'd love another stone gone by then (counting tonight obvs ;))

• Advertisement

Who's up for a Christmas Challenge? 13 weeks to Christmas and I'd love another stone gone by then (counting tonight obvs ;))

Me! I've 13.5 lbs to get to target. My weigh in is tomorrow.

leelee77 wrote: »
    Me! I've 13.5 lbs to get to target. My weigh in is tomorrow.

Well done, it'll obviously be harder for you being close to target but how great to be nearly there :)

Well done, it'll obviously be harder for you being close to target but how great to be nearly there :)

Yeah not expecting it to be easy to get to target and not expecting great things at the weigh in as I was out Sat night and then at the All Ireland on Sunday. But I'm back on track since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Who's up for a Christmas Challenge? 13 weeks to Christmas and I'd love another stone gone by then (counting tonight obvs ;))[/quote

I'd be up for that, another stone and I'd be passed my target!

I'm thinking of doing sp for about 3 days, tomorrow Saturday and Sunday.. Has anybody done it before, and did they get better results?

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing sp for about 3 days, tomorrow Saturday and Sunday.. Has anybody done it before, and did they get better results?

I personally didn't but I know a few in group who had good results, I suppose it is down to the individual. Best of luck.

Weigh in later and I am seriously dreading it, I think I will be lucky if I get a maintain lol :eek:

Had my weigh in this morning.Lost 2lbs today Have lost 9lbs since I started 3 wks ago and have 11.5lbs to get to target.

Am surprised I lost that much because my antics at the weekend. Due my period Sunday so hope it doesn't mess me up for next week.

Does anyone here make bacon and cabbage? It's not something I ever eat but a friend asked me to recommend the 'slimming world way' of cooking various stuff and I'm stuck on this one, I presume the bacon is boiled as usual, but with all visible fat removed before cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

2lb off today, got my 3 and a half stone award and even got an extra pound off on top of that! I wanted 4 stone off for my wedding in 5 weeks so hopefully I'll manage 6lb in that time

2lb off today, got my 3 and a half stone award and even got an extra pound off on top of that! I wanted 4 stone off for my wedding in 5 weeks so hopefully I'll manage 6lb in that time

Huge well done. That's an amazing amount to lose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

dee_mc wrote: »
    Does anyone here make bacon and cabbage? It's not something I ever eat but a friend asked me to recommend the 'slimming world way' of cooking various stuff and I'm stuck on this one, I presume the bacon is boiled as usual, but with all visible fat removed before cooking?

I would take it off afterwards, might be easier as ham can have some fat in the middle also, if it's only herself on slimming world then all she needs to worry about is her bit.

Not sure on the cabbage, maybe google slimming world cabbage, you might get some ideas!

upinthesky wrote: »
    I would take it off afterwards, might be easier as ham can have some fat in the middle also, if it's only herself on slimming world then all she needs to worry about is her bit.

Not sure on the cabbage, maybe google slimming world cabbage, you might get some ideas!

I'm no cabbage expert :D but I'd say he just boils it which is SW friendly anyway. I'm not sure whether taking the fat off before cooking would effect the bacon, but I suppose it's worth a shot! Trial and error!

Weighed in tonight and was dreading it after the night out on Saturday but delighted to report that I lost 1/2 lb.. I have lost 5 stone 8. 5 lbs with SW and 7 stone 6 lbs in total! I am still shocked! :D:D

Now going to be good all this week, would like a good loss next week! :D

Down 1lb tonight. Bit disappointed after doing SP for 4 days. I was very strict and stuck to it rigidly.
    Going to do it another 4 days for this week and if I've the same result this time next week I'll go back to extra easy.

Vahevala wrote: »
    Weighed in tonight and was dreading it after the night out on Saturday but delighted to report that I lost 1/2 lb.. I have lost 5 stone 8. 5 lbs with SW and 7 stone 6 lbs in total! I am still shocked! :D:D

Now going to be good all this week, would like a good loss next week! :D

Well done. Delighted you had a loss!

ameliams wrote: »
    Down 1lb tonight. Bit disappointed after doing SP for 4 days. I was very strict and stuck to it rigidly.
    Going to do it another 4 days for this week and if I've the same result this time next week I'll go back to extra easy.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed. Every pound off is a pound less to lose!

leelee77 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are disappointed. Every pound off is a pound less to lose!

Oh I know, I know a pound less is still a good thing it's just disappointing. I don't find the extra easy plan at all difficult to follow I know it like the back of my hand now but I really put in the extra effort this week with SP and it's a bit disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

SP never worked for my wife. She had the same or even worse results as normal and really didn't feel the extra effort was worth it. It may not suit some people

I love carbs too much to even try it

I have tried SP twice and both times, I only lost between 1lb - 1.5 lbs so not worth the effort to be honest. I never had these big losses that SW say you can have!

• Advertisement

I don't think I'm going to bother trying sp.. Thinking about it I actually don't eat a lot of pasta/rice/potatoes anyway, so I reckon the extra HEB would actually make me gain/maintain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement