Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am a year on Slimming World this week. Dreading weighing in tonight but it has to be done :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Lost 2 and half pounds this week. Last week I was up a pound so glad this is gone with and a futher 1.5 lbs with it.
    I have now lost 3 stone 11 lbs since the end of Jan 15.

At this stage it is noticable that I have lost weight. I will be meeting some freinds shortly that have not seen me since last Xmas. They know I have lost the weight. Along with this due to going to the gym I am getting toned and clothes look better on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Hi all. I'm new to this thread and new to slimming world. It was my second weigh I today. Not finding it particularly hard and have never eaten as well. Am going out this weekend though. Was wondering if anyone has any hints or tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

leelee77 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm new to this thread and new to slimming world. It was my second weigh I today. Not finding it particularly hard and have never eaten as well. Am going out this weekend though. Was wondering if anyone has any hints or tips!

Hi and welcome!
    Glad you're enjoying it so far :)
    When you go out this weekend, will it be for food or drinks or both?
    What do you normally drink?
    I'm not a big drinker but others in my SW group drink Coors Light (4.5 syns per 275ml bottle - other light beers are 5 syns per 330ml bottle) and vodka or bacardi with a diet mixer (4 syns for 35ml vodka or bacardi, diet mixers are free, nice slice of lime livens it up a bit!). Gin and whisky are 4 syns per 35ml. Dry white or red wine is I think 9 syns per quarter bottle - you could make this go quite a long way by making a spritzer with soda water or a diet drink. One of the girls in my group drinks shandy made with diet 7 up and Coors Light.
    As for food, you can't go too far wrong with a nice juicy steak, sauce on the side (or just left off altogether if you want to avoid temptation!), lots of salad with no dressing or dressed with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, and a baked potato (mashed potato is the work of the devil, syn city).

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hi and welcome!
    Glad you're enjoying it so far :)
    When you go out this weekend, will it be for food or drinks or both?
    What do you normally drink?
    I'm not a big drinker but others in my SW group drink Coors Light (4.5 syns per 275ml bottle - other light beers are 5 syns per 330ml bottle) and vodka or bacardi with a diet mixer (4 syns for 35ml vodka or bacardi, diet mixers are free, nice slice of lime livens it up a bit!). Gin and whisky are 4 syns per 35ml. Dry white or red wine is I think 9 syns per quarter bottle - you could make this go quite a long way by making a spritzer with soda water or a diet drink. One of the girls in my group drinks shandy made with diet 7 up and Coors Light.
    As for food, you can't go too far wrong with a nice juicy steak, sauce on the side (or just left off altogether if you want to avoid temptation!), lots of salad with no dressing or dressed with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, and a baked potato (mashed potato is the work of the devil, syn city).

Thanks Dee for the quick reply and such a comprehensive answer. Not eating out. I usually drink Prosecco, Corona, white wine, West Coast Cooler or cocktails. I know the cocktails are a definite no no. I don't drink spirits at all so am thinking Corona might be the best as the pub doesn't serve Prosecco.

How are you getting on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks Dee for the quick reply and such a comprehensive answer. Not eating out. I usually drink Prosecco, Corona, white wine, West Coast Cooler or cocktails. I know the cocktails are a definite no no. I don't drink spirits at all so am thinking Corona might be the best as the pub doesn't serve Prosecco.

How are you getting on?

No worries, I'm an old timer in SW terms, joined 54 weeks ago!
    I've lost 4 stone 9, had a little gain of half a pound yesterday which I'm ok with, but hoping for a loss next week to get me back on track!
    I'm 6.5 pounds from target now... I lost 6.5 pounds in my first 3 weeks but things are moving a lot slower now I'm closer to target!
    Have you much weight to lose?

dee_mc wrote: »
    No worries, I'm an old timer in SW terms, joined 54 weeks ago!
    I've lost 4 stone 9, had a little gain of half a pound yesterday which I'm ok with, but hoping for a loss next week to get me back on track!
    I'm 6.5 pounds from target now... I lost 6.5 pounds in my first 3 weeks but things are moving a lot slower now I'm closer to target!
    Have you much weight to lose?

Wow you've done so well. That is an amazing amount to lose. I'd say the last few lbs are the hardest.

Not quite sure of my target but I have between 22.5-20.5 lbs to lose. I've lost 7lbs so far. I'm expecting small losses from now on and am happy to play the long game as I view it as a lifestyle change.

I am shocked... I stayed the same, so delighted with that. Over the moon in fact :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

New poster.

Lost 1lb today, 10.5 in 8 weeks. Going on holiday in 6 weeks so setting a target of another 7lb before then. I ate far too much this week and feel much heavier, thinking of doing a few days of SP otherwise it might catch up on me next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

How are you getting on?

The majority of those are very high in sugar, thus calories, thus very high syns wise !

• Advertisement

I don't see the point in changing my drinks for my nights out (I don't go out too often), I am meeting friends tomorrow but will drink bottles of coors light, it is what I enjoy. If I gain weight, it isn't the end of the world. I refuse to be ruled by the numbers on the scale.

tk123 wrote: »
    I soak the quinoa during the day while I'm at work, cook it in a microwave rice cooker (from homestore & more) for 10 mins then leave it over night to soak up any water that was left - I prefer it fluffy than crunchy - if you're impatient just cook it without soaking! :p In the morning I just mix in a few spoons of liberte natural yoghurt (not a fan of muller), a sprinkle of sweetener and cinnamon and then mix in fruit - my favourite atm is berries and a peach/nectarine. A measuring cup of quinoa would last me 4 or 5 days

I had it this morning and it was just rather yum.

I'm going to try a hot milk based version next week to get ready for the winter morning. I'm trying to get a selection of breakfasts together.

I've already done reheated omelette and it was spot on. I have flat mushrooms, bacon and poached egg as well.

Main thing is my only way of cooking is the microwave in work so it all had to thought out in advance !

The majority of those are very high in sugar, thus calories, thus very high syns wise !

I know. I wish I liked spirits but can't stomach them. At the same time don't want to be sitting there drinking sparkling water. I want SW to fit into my life style though. I don't go out that often, so when I do I want to enjoy a couple of drinks. Decisions decisions

I know. I wish I liked spirits but can't stomach them. At the same time don't want to be sitting there drinking sparkling water. I want SW to fit into my life style though. I don't go out that often, so when I do I want to enjoy a couple of drinks. Decisions decisions

I don't drink spirits either and the majority of what you've listed above i don't touch either.

I'm a red a wine man and agree with Vahevala to a certain point. For the odd time i actually go out i drink either red wine or cider.

I feel no guilt about sitting down on a champ league night with a big bag of crisps and a few cans as ( thankfully ) its not something i do every night.

Go enjoy !!!!

Go out, enjoy yourself, drink the drinks you want, have a flexi syn day and don't worry about it. It is one day, you have the rest of the week to pull things around. This is a lifestyle change. You need SW to fit into the way you live your life.

At group last night, a lady was talking about low calorie wine and I thought, I can't be arsed with that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I had it this morning and it was just rather yum.

I'm going to try a hot milk based version next week to get ready for the winter morning. I'm trying to get a selection of breakfasts together.

!

I've been heating mine a little the last couple of weeks to take the chill out. I mix in the yoghurt and microwave for 30-40 seconds before mixing in the fruit.

This is rice cooker I have - http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/gadgets+utensils/klip-it-microwave-rice-steamer-26l/invt/056792

Oh love a packet of Tayto at night. That's my guilty sin! If I couldn't have them or a few West Coast Coolers I'd have given up fairly quickly!

My only negative about SW is that you don't get "credit" for exercise/training. I'm back training and will be doing it 6 days a week, yet i get nothing "extra" for that.

It will be interesting to see if i actually drop weight as muscle weighs more than fat ( if you get me ) so i might drop inches but not on the scales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Coors Light is lower in calories than other beers, it's nice enough I think.

Dolbert wrote: »

Personally i'd rather put a long straw into the jacks:D

I much rather the beers with more flavour !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I went to the 7.30pm class last night, I normally go in the morning, I was up 1.5lbs despite having a good week foodwise.

I didn't buy any hi fi bars this week so I need to work out my best option when it comes to my hex B, probably go for almonds and also need to plan some lunches.

Not a fan of Coors Light either. I'd rather a Coke!

My only negative about SW is that you don't get "credit" for exercise/training. I'm back training and will be doing it 6 days a week, yet i get nothing "extra" for that.

It will be interesting to see if i actually drop weight as muscle weighs more than fat ( if you get me ) so i might drop inches but not on the scales.

In fairness, they do have body magic awards for the exercise. I prefer that way rather than the WW way, you could earn extra points from the exercise to use on food/drink. Teaches you nothing.

It is my favourite. each to their own :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Not a fan of Coors Light either. I'd rather a Coke!

I think it's a grand, clean tasting lager, much worse "premium" beers out there IMO. Just trying to be helpful guys.

I think it's a grand, clean tasting lager, much worse "premium" beers out there IMO. Just trying to be helpful guys.

Just my thoughts, nothing against you:)

Its like the low calorie wine mention above. I'd rather have one glass of good red wine than 2 of that !

I made this collage to mark my 1st year anniversary with Slimming World. 5 stone 8 lbs down with SW and 7 stone 5.5 lbs in total.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qxns05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Vahevala wrote: »
    I made this collage to mark my 1st year anniversary with Slimming World. 5 stone 8 lbs down with SW and 7 stone 5.5 lbs in total.

It's hard to think that the person on the left is the same as the one on the right. Inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

You look so different, years younger too. You're an inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Totally agree with what the previous two posters said. You look wonderful and younger. Congrats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement