Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I had it this morning and it was just rather yum.

I'm going to try a hot milk based version next week to get ready for the winter morning. I'm trying to get a selection of breakfasts together.

I've already done reheated omelette and it was spot on. I have flat mushrooms, bacon and poached egg as well.

Main thing is my only way of cooking is the microwave in work so it all had to thought out in advance !

Highl recommend you try the overnight oats. You could buy a plum pudding bowl for it as in a small bowl with a lid. It is massively filling and very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Was planning on doing SP today but things got away from me.

Had two hifi bars and a black coffee in the morning and then ended up in meetings all day with no time to eat. Grabbed a pepsi max on my way to do the shopping and then did huge shop in aldi. After all that decided I really wanted a takeaway.

But instead I made double bacon cheeseburgers and curry cheese chips, for far far less syns than a takeaway, and now I feel like I might explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Vahevala wrote: »
    I made this collage to mark my 1st year anniversary with Slimming World. 5 stone 8 lbs down with SW and 7 stone 5.5 lbs in total.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qxns05.jpg

You're such an inspiration on this thread. What's most remarkable aside from the weight loss is how much younger you look!! Its amazing!!

I remember now why I don't drink beer - had some beers last night and got awful post pub munchies! I know wine is higher synned but beer gives me such munchies. Came home and had a toasted bacon and egg sambo - I should have just gone straight to bed - I'm a dope. Extra good this weekend now before weigh in on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

why is alcohol so high in syns, i wanted to have a few drinks with the girls but there is 21 syns in a large bottle of west coast cooler, how can that be, i'd drink three of them!!

And im the type of person not to eat when i drink, so that wouldnt be happening, any tips? I also like cider

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

upinthesky wrote: »
    why is alcohol so high in syns, i wanted to have a few drinks with the girls but there is 21 syns in a large bottle of west coast cooler, how can that be, i'd drink three of them!!

And im the type of person not to eat when i drink, so that wouldnt be happening, any tips? I also like cider

It's really, really high in sugar. You could try mixing your own long drink instead (using wine or spirits and diet mixers) or take a flexi day/night. But if you're drinking that much on a regular basis you'll probably find it hard to lose the weight (I don't mean that in a preachy way, it's just that I've noticed from hearing what people say in group that a night of sugary drinks (going above 15 syns) is enough to cancel out an entire week of perfectly following the plan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Even though I've never been a big drinker I simply can't drink when trying to lose weight, even if I have one or two it will show on the scales, I haven't drank since I started sw 24 weeks ago, it doesn't bother me tbh, but I know the next time I drink I'll be a cheap date as I'll be pi**ed after one drink! The combination of my weight loss and not have had any alcohol will go straight to my head... Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Hey all, I'm not in slimming world (doing it on my own) but am lurker of this thread.Great tips:)
    Just wondering if you could advice which yoghurt is best fot me,
    Glenisk Fat Free Organic yoghurt, Liberte or Fage?

Thank you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think nutritionally they're much the same! I get the Glenisk because I like the small pots it comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

dee_mc wrote: »
    It's really, really high in sugar. You could try mixing your own long drink instead (using wine or spirits and diet mixers) or take a flexi day/night. But if you're drinking that much on a regular basis you'll probably find it hard to lose the weight (I don't mean that in a preachy way, it's just that I've noticed from hearing what people say in group that a night of sugary drinks (going above 15 syns) is enough to cancel out an entire week of perfectly following the plan).

No i'm not a big drinker at all, i'd drink that maybe 4 time a year at the most, haven't drank since i started sw which is about 6 weeks ago, so i think ill wait till i reach my target and the try a couple of bottles and see hoe that goes.

Might not even like it now because my taste buds have changed! Might try a shandy or something like that and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

seen a few sw meals with chicken cooked from frozen ( frozen chicken pieces )

is that even safe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

is that even safe ?

They're probably cooked a bit already. You would cook big als chicken fillets etc from frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

is that even safe ?

I'd imagine so, sure you can buy frozen chicken pieces on their own, I personally wouldn't touch them but they would be safe.

is that even safe ?

The chicken in ready meals tends to be pre-cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I'm away for the night to see family and it seems that any deviation in my routine and can't seem to stick to plan, just had oven chips and fish, no veg and even had some biscuits with a cuppa earlier! I didn't go mental, I'm still within my syns for the day but eaten very little and only food speed wise is an apple, anybody have any tips for how to deal when you're out of your comfort zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm away for the night to see family and it seems that any deviation in my routine and can't seem to stick to plan, just had oven chips and fish, no veg and even had some biscuits with a cuppa earlier! I didn't go mental, I'm still within my syns for the day but eaten very little and only food speed wise is an apple, anybody have any tips for how to deal when you're out of your comfort zone?

I just bring food with me everywhere I go! Some fruit or chopped up carrots etc just in case I don't eat enough speed with whatever meal is given. And Liberte fat free Greek yogurt, so filling and it's free.

Monife wrote: »
    They're probably cooked a bit already. You would cook big als chicken fillets etc from frozen.

no they came straight from the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

As in completely raw? That's a bit dodge then...

What meal are you talking about? I've tried a few and the chicken has always been cooked in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments, I really appreciate them :)

I had a major flexi night out on Saturday, drank too much but hey ho. I am going to be good now till my trip away in November and would love to lose quite a bit by then. :)

Dolbert wrote: »
    What meal are you talking about? I've tried a few and the chicken has always been cooked in them

english guy on youtube making diet coke chicken

im joining tonight

• Advertisement

english guy on youtube making diet coke chicken

im joining tonight

Oh yeah the chopped frozen pieces from Tesco. They're cooked as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Does Slimming World actually work? Can't decide whether to go to Ww or sw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

pinkstars wrote: »

I've done both and find SW completely different from a nutritional point of view, as in it actually makes sense, is healthy, and is far more sustainable long-term. And I'd be fairly well read up on nutrition ... even if I don't follow what I know is right a lot of the time. :o SW makes it easier to do so though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've done both and find SW completely different from a nutritional point of view, as in it actually makes sense, is healthy, and is far more sustainable long-term. And I'd be fairly well read up on nutrition ... even if I don't follow what I know is right a lot of the time. :o SW makes it easier to do so though!

I'd agree that it's sustainable, definitely. Far more sustainable than WW, imo.

Healthy though? I'd have to disagree. It's not very nutritionally balanced, what with it allowing a lot of sugar and not allowing much fats (unless you syn them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I'd agree that it's sustainable, definitely. Far more sustainable than WW, imo.

Healthy though? I'd have to disagree. It's not very nutritionally balanced, what with it allowing a lot of sugar and not allowing much fats (unless you syn them).

OK more that you can work a healthy diet around it, and still stick to the plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

OK more that you can work a healthy diet around it, and still stick to the plan!

Yeah, that I'd agree with 100%. It's extremely easy to follow it while being healthier than what they 'allow.' Swap refined carbs for non-refined (both free), don't bother with Muller Lights, use syns for healthy fats and boom, sustainable, fairly healthy diet. :)

So I should give it a go???

So I should give it a go???

• Advertisement

pinkstars wrote: »

i know at least 6 ladies who lost over 6.5 stone in a year so yes it does

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement