Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Weigh in yesterday , had really really hope id lose 3lbs to take me into the next stone bracket - had a great week of body magic even started c25k and on my rest days i had a nice long walk nothing like a power walk though , had kids with me .. Went to weigh in confident that id done all i needed and stood on the scales and lost 1.5 lb , now i know i cant be unhappy with a loss but i just had myself psyched up BUT on the upside i'll do it next weigh in . Total lost now is 5stone 10 lb since March so i really shouldnt whinge about little blips along the way .

Have any of you had nominations for Ms/Mr Slinky ?? I've been seeing posts all over facebook mostly on the UK pages though so not sure if we do it here , there has been no mention of it in my group . What is it all about ? Do we vote like we did for Woman of the year ?

Weigh in yesterday , had really really hoped id lose 3lbs to take me into the next stone bracket - had a great week of body magic even started c25k and on my rest days i had a nice long walk nothing like a power walk though , had kids with me .. Went to weigh in confident that id done all i needed and stood on the scales and lost 1.5 lb , now i know i cant be unhappy with a loss but i just had myself psyched up BUT on the upside i'll do it next weigh in . Total lost now is 5stone 10 lb since March so i really shouldnt whinge about little blips along the way .

Have any of you had nominations for Ms/Mr Slinky ?? I've been seeing posts all over facebook mostly on the UK pages though so not sure if we do it here , there has been no mention of it in my group . What is it all about ? Do we vote like we did for Woman of the year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No idea what it is but was mentioned in our group that nominations for it will be next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tito try not get disheartened, you have done so well so huge well done!! I was having meltdowns over the last few weeks as i was trying so hard but yet was up weight 2 weeks in a row. Actually left the class crying as i was so upset. I took a break for 2 weeks, break from weigh in's i mean and came back the 3rd week with 3 & 1/2 lbs off so was delighted.

Maybe try changing around a few little things. Ive done that and i think its def helped, or keep a food diary so you can track everything.

Sometimes we can only do so much and the body will still not cooperate so getting a loss is still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Well done, a loss is a loss and you have done so well so be proud of yourself :)

It was mentioned in my group and nominations will happen within group, I am new (6th week) so will be interesting to even know everyones names lol

Going to my first SW taster evening tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

We nominated our Ms Slinky people last week (no men stayed to group so all ladies nominated), one lady who I think is at target, one quite close, and one who's steadily losing and doing brilliant things for her health but not so close to target. They're an inspiration (yes, I know how sappy that sounds :P )
    Delighted with a loss of 3.5 pounds; after a week with a heavy cold and the dreaded 'star week' I was expecting to be the same as last weigh in or maybe down half a pound, so I'm pleased :)
    Still amazed that I can afford to eat pasta several times a week and still lose weight - starting to think the starchy carbs are actually the key!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Feeling frustrated today! I was in flying form all week, 100% on track, drinking water instead of beer in the pub, etc. I had a look at my own scales yesterday morning and was due for a 2lb loss for the week. Then I made the mistake of having a mahoooosive lunch before weigh-in today and I was up half a pound. :mad:

To be honest I should have just skipped weigh in altogether, I knew the big lunch was going to affect the scales but I didn't realise how much the gain would annoy me. Feeling doubly cheated as next week is 'star week', so Ill probably have a bloat-related gain then too. Just gotta put the head down and solider on for two weeks and hopefully the scales will finally be my friend again! :rolleyes:

I understand your frustration, but the weight due to your lunch will disappear, as will the other temporary gains you mention. Weight loss is a medium term business, a rolling four week average is more significant, and consistent than an instant snapshot.

So stick at it, you'll get there !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Was down 1 and half tonight so that's 5 lbs this month, delighted! ! Finally feel back on track and only 3 and half lbs to get back to my lightest I've been since joining sw. On a roll at the mo so hope I can keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Great reading all the losses this week guys, well done and keep it up.

I was down 3lbs this week, over the moon. Had youngest 5th birthday on Monday so was a little concerned, although I don't eat sweets or crisps anymore.

But 3lbs is amazing, so so happy with myself after being up a half last week. I do think the walking most mornings is a huge factor in the weight loss though.

Got my stone and a half star today, 21lbs in 9 weeks, so chuffed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

How much is a 12 week countdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

shhling wrote: »
    How much is a 12 week countdown?

90€ but the offer ends this week:

This week is your last chance to commit to a 12-week Countdown and get A Slimming World Christmas FREE!

Another good week for me, I lost 2.5 lbs on my 6th week in slimming world and I bought myself this to keep me going! :D

http://i57.tinypic.com/rihv6q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Vahevala wrote: »
    Another good week for me, I lost 2.5 lbs on my 6th week in slimming world and I bought myself this to keep me going! :D

http://i57.tinypic.com/rihv6q.jpg

Well done, I love that little board! Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

PennyWren wrote: »
    Well done, I love that little board! Where did you get it?

Small world :D

My wife made that ! If anyone does want one drop me a PM and I can get you in touch.

My wife made that ! If anyone does want one drop me a PM and I can get you in touch.

No way! Very talented woman, it's so cute! I looked for something like it for ages after I joined for motivational purposes. She should get in you with SW Ireland and she if she can advertise on their fb pages they'd fly out!

No way! Amazing... so happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 snowflaked

Hey everyone, just wondering where you can buy quark cheese on the north side of Dub if possible.

Thanks

snowflaked wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wondering where you can buy quark cheese on the north side of Dub if possible.

Thanks

Dunnes on Henry st usually have it

New week new weigh in , Good luck at the scales everyone !! I weigh in tomorrow feeling slightly nervous despite being 100% on plan , have even upped my body magic but i think it might go against me on the scales . Only time will tell though :)

tito1212 wrote: »
    New week new weigh in , Good luck at the scales everyone !! I weigh in tomorrow feeling slightly nervous despite being 100% on plan , have even upped my body magic but i think it might go against me on the scales . Only time will tell though :)

I'm the same, I never have any idea how I've done - last week I thought I was either the same or slightly up, only to be told I was down 3.5 pounds! Have been painting like a mad thing all week, ravenously hungry and eating all around me but like yourself 100% on plan so fingers crossed it'll be a good one :)
    Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just home from weigh in another 2.5lbs down. Got my first stone award aswell! I'm so delighted I can't believe I'm down 15.5lbs in 5 weeks! I feel so good and to top it all off I got voted Miss Slinky in my group! I actually feel deadly! Can't remember the last time I felt this good about myself!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just home from weigh in another 2.5lbs down. Got my first stone award aswell! I'm so delighted I can't believe I'm down 15.5lbs in 5 weeks! I feel so good and to top it all off I got voted Miss Slinky in my group! I actually feel deadly! Can't remember the last time I felt this good about myself!

Congratulations Miss Slinky! Fair play to ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Nearly lost my life when I got on the scales this morning, down 5lbs! I was feeling really bloated and was hoping for a pound or two at best so it was a lovely surprise. Got my half stone award and im now down 7.5lbs in 3 weeks :)

Nearly lost my life when I got on the scales this morning, down 5lbs! I was feeling really bloated and was hoping for a pound or two at best so it was a lovely surprise. Got my half stone award and im now down 7.5lbs in 3 weeks :)

Well done you! Such an amazing loss!

Well done to you both! I have nearly killed myself over the weekend with the exercising, the body has only started to heal now! :(

Can't wait for weighing in on Thursday, it has become the highlight of my week :o:D

Up two :( Very disappointed, my first gain. Now I need to figure out where I went wrong - I didn't eat much yesterday because I was busy, and didn't drink enough the past few days, so that won't have helped... Woe is me :(:D

dee_mc wrote: »
    Up two :( Very disappointed, my first gain. Now I need to figure out where I went wrong - I didn't eat much yesterday because I was busy, and didn't drink enough the past few days, so that won't have helped... Woe is me :(:D

The dreaded gain hasn't happened to me yet and I know full well what I will be like when it happens. Your positivity on this thread has kept me going on days where I felt like devouring a 6 pack of crisps! Chin up and you'll do great next week!

Wellyd wrote: »
    The dreaded gain hasn't happened to me yet and I know full well what I will be like when it happens. Your positivity on this thread has kept me going on days where I felt like devouring a 6 pack of crisps! Chin up and you'll do great next week!

Thanks Wellyd, I haven't decided yet whether I'll have a little self-indulgent cry later or not! Trying to focus on the fact that I'm down a stone and 3.5 pounds since the start of September, onwards and upwards and hopefully will get my stone-and-a-half award and 10% of body weight thingy in the next couple of weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just a minor speed bump on the road to success! I had my first gain last week and it is a horrible feeling but hopefully you'll bounce back with a great loss next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

Don't worry about this at all... in our group we regard a small weight gain like this as "floating" - if you stick to the plan 100%, this and some more will be gone next week! Well done on your amazing progress this far! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement