Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

dee_mc wrote: »
    Good on you! Might I pass on a piece of advice given to me on this thread a few weeks ago? Don't spend real money on new clothes: consider cheap leggings etc and maybe just the one pair of jeans, because by the sound of things you'll be down to a 20 or 18 in no time at all!

My legs are too chunky for leggings so I will give that one a miss, I got two pairs of jeans and a smaller belt!. I bought a top in a size 20, still slightly too tight but it is going in the right direction! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Down 4.5 pounds this week :D Absolutely delighted because the last couple of weeks I've been struggling. I've switched to quinoa for breakfast so now I'm having a filling breakfast without using up my HEB which has really helped a lot.

I have a question for any of you who bake a lot. I made the 0.5 syn cake yesterday. (Ended up being 2.5 syns because I added options chocolate to the filling) Is there any reason it's 0.5 syns instead of free? It ends up pretty flat when cooled, and beaten egg whites are a raising agent, so why are we adding the baking powder? Would it work without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

It's for the baking powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

andreac wrote: »
    It's for the baking powder.

Yeah I get that, I just don't understand why the baking powder is needed. There's already a raising agent from the beaten egg whites, and it ends up pretty flat anyway.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Yeah I get that, I just don't understand why the baking powder is needed. There's already a raising agent from the beaten egg whites, and it ends up pretty flat anyway.

Oh right. Sure maybe try it without it and see how it turns out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow... I've had such an amazing week, probably my best ever, so I'll be really disappointed if I don't lose anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Hello,

is there any similiar out there for the scandinavian crispbread from SW? I really like it and I can have 5 slices as a HE but was wondering if there is other crispbread witch is comparable.

Thank you :)

Hello,

is there any similiar out there for the scandinavian crispbread from SW? I really like it and I can have 5 slices as a HE but was wondering if there is other crispbread witch is comparable.

Thank you :)

You can have 3 of some of the Ryvita for your HEB if thats any help to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

andreac wrote: »
    You can have 3 of some of the Ryvita for your HEB if thats any help to you?

you can have 5 finn crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm down 5lb this week! And I won slimmer of the week this week. I'm thrilled because it's more then I've lost in my first 3 weeks.

I'm expecting a rocky next 4 weeks because I've got a hen, a party and two weekends away. And I'll be staying in my parents and my mother is terrible for having tons of bad food in the house because as she puts it "Someone might want it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow! I feel I've either gained or stayed the same :( Finding it difficult to eat regularly this week, will need to plan my meals better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

gubbie wrote: »
    I'm down 5lb this week! And I won slimmer of the week this week. I'm thrilled because it's more then I've lost in my first 3 weeks.

I'm expecting a rocky next 4 weeks because I've got a hen, a party and two weekends away. And I'll be staying in my parents and my mother is terrible for having tons of bad food in the house because as she puts it "Someone might want it"

Well done gubbie, 5lb is fantastic you must be over the moon. Try to be good at your mums, buy a load of fruit & veg and offer to cook a few times, will limit the damage :)

Have weigh in at 9.30 am and am dreading it. I haven't done so well the past 2 weeks only down a pound and a half. But I have been fairly good, walking 4 miles 5 days a week, eating healthy, only a few drinks at the weekend. Fingers crossed I will be down at least a pound. See ye on wed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Have weigh in at 9.30 am and am dreading it. I haven't done so well the past 2 weeks only down a pound and a half. But I have been fairly good, walking 4 miles 5 days a week, eating healthy, only a few drinks at the weekend. Fingers crossed I will be down at least a pound. See ye on wed :(
    Good luck! Wish I had an early WI! Sigh!
    I'm always 3lbs heavier Wednesday evening than I am that morning! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Bit the bullet and signed up last night! Looking forward to having a good read of all my books today and getting to grips with the plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Bit the bullet and signed up last night! Looking forward to having a good read of all my books today and getting to grips with the plan :)

It's the best thing you will ever do. I only joined a few weeks ago. I had my 2nd weigh in Monday and I'd lost 8.5lbs in 2 weeks. I literally feel on top of the world! Definitely give the books a good read and if you can try to plan a bit. I know I sound stupid considering it's only my third week on the plan offering advice but I'm really after getting into it! I bought a diary and plan my dinners 2 or 3 days in advance because then I know I can have all the ingredients at home and have no excuse not to prepare an amazingly tasty dinner that's healthy! Also freeze your leftovers so if there's a time you're having a bad day it only needs to be whipped out if the freezer and defrosted.

Best of Luck with your first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Planning is definitely the key. Might sound boring but if you have a weekly meal plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner it really helps for weekly shop. Doesn't have to be the same every week but if you know how much fruit, veg and meat you need you won't be left short and spot a packet of crisps in the cupboard when you're peckish

Wellyd wrote: »
    It's the best thing you will ever do. I only joined a few weeks ago. I had my 2nd weigh in Monday and I'd lost 8.5lbs in 2 weeks. I literally feel on top of the world! Definitely give the books a good read and if you can try to plan a bit. I know I sound stupid considering it's only my third week on the plan offering advice but I'm really after getting into it! I bought a diary and plan my dinners 2 or 3 days in advance because then I know I can have all the ingredients at home and have no excuse not to prepare an amazingly tasty dinner that's healthy! Also freeze your leftovers so if there's a time you're having a bad day it only needs to be whipped out if the freezer and defrosted.

Best of Luck with your first week!

That's an amazing loss! Great advice on the planning, I'm trying to think really far ahead about what I'm going to eat, especially with having to include the 1/3 superfree. I think I'll also be investing in a diary to write it all down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

That's an amazing loss! Great advice on the planning, I'm trying to think really far ahead about what I'm going to eat, especially with having to include the 1/3 superfree. I think I'll also be investing in a diary to write it all down!

I'm not a big fruit or veg eater so I've been making lots of soup and having that either at lunch or dinner time. Don't think too far ahead with planning. A couple of days is more than enough. I spent one day last week cooking and freezing batches of food. The recipes online are really well written and so tasty. I've been trying things that I'd never normally eat and I'm really loving them. Diet cola chicken is the nicest thing I've tried even my fussy boyfriend loves it!

Two pounds down, finally got my stone award :)
    Made speed soup for my mum during the week and she loves it, I added some celery to add a bit more flavour. Great recipe, makes loads and freezes very well. Next project is roasted (in Frylight, naturally!) tomato and red pepper soup, should be handy for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 KVA60

Does anyone know if there is a group in Kimmage? I see there are some in Crumlin but I could have sworn I saw a flyer somewhere about one in Kimmage/Mt Argus.

Weighed in tonight (bearing in mind I had periods this week :mad:) and I ate way too much bread this week... I lost 1 pound, secretly I was hoping for at least 2 but at least it was still a loss! I was hoping I would have got to 15 stone even but not to be... 1 pound away!

I have signed up for the Christmas countdown... and will do the 12 week challenge too! :D

Vahevala wrote: »
    Weighed in tonight (bearing in mind I had periods this week :mad:) and I ate way too much bread this week... I lost 1 pound, secretly I was hoping for at least 2 but at least it was still a loss! I was hoping I would have got to 15 stone even but not to be... 1 pound away!

I have signed up for the Christmas countdown... and will do the 12 week challenge too! :D

Argh I keep forgetting to sign up for the Christmas countdown, the book you get with it is gorgeous! Hopefully I can sign up next week or that the Christmas book will be available to people not doing the countdown this year (apparently they ran out of books well before Christmas last year)
    Well done on your loss, you'll get there! Try the speed soup to fill you up and boost your progress next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

I had to leave after my weigh in, I missed the Christmas countdown, can someone tell me what it involves?
    Many thanks!

hbonbr wrote:
    I had to leave after my weigh in, I missed the Christmas countdown, can someone tell me what it involves? Many thanks!

As far as I know you sign up to attend for 12 weeks but it's a special offer thing so you only pay for 9 (pay full amount in advance) and as part of the offer you get a free Christmas cookery book - think that's all there is to it! A lady at my class says you can sign up to it as a regular member (you don't have to be a new member) but I didn't get to chat to the group leader to confirm

Had my weigh in on wed morning and I was down 3lbs. I am so happy, sticking religiously to the plan and walking 4 miles most mornings in all types of weather is working. Total weight loss in 8 weeks is 1 stone 4 and a half pounds. Hope to lose 2 and a half this week to get me to 1 and a half stone.

There's a short survey on the SW website at the minute where one of the questions is 'how could we make SW better/easier for you' (something to that effect anyway!). I suggested a more Irish-oriented syns/food value list - in my first week it really bugged me to see values for everything in Asda and Sainsburys etc and nothing from for example Dunnes or Supervalu own brands!

As far as I know you sign up to attend for 12 weeks but it's a special offer thing so you only pay for 9 (pay full amount in advance) and as part of the offer you get a free Christmas cookery book - think that's all there is to it! A lady at my class says you can sign up to it as a regular member (you don't have to be a new member) but I didn't get to chat to the group leader to confirm

You pay for 10 and get two free, anyone can sign up, you can still sign up next week :)

I think I need to up the exercise, feel down I only lost 1 pound. lowest weightloss so far :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

There's a short survey on the SW website at the minute where one of the questions is 'how could we make SW better/easier for you' (something to that effect anyway!). I suggested a more Irish-oriented syns/food value list - in my first week it really bugged me to see values for everything in Asda and Sainsburys etc and nothing from for example Dunnes or Supervalu own brands!

That actually bugs me as well ill put it on there as well

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the syn free Linda Mccartney sausages (red onion & rosemary) in supermarkets? I've tried my local Tesco and Dunnes but there's only the original flavour, which I think has syns

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement