Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Has anyone seen the syn free Linda Mccartney sausages (red onion & rosemary) in supermarkets? I've tried my local Tesco and Dunnes but there's only the original flavour, which I think has syns

I think Tesco stopped doing them, the original has 2 syns each. I doubt we can get them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just saw on SW website you can sign up to 12 week Christmas Countdown anytime before 1st November, so loads of time left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Oh dear , i posted on this thread aaaaaages ago when i first joined slimming world in March and then i completely forgot to come back to it . Quick update so far i've got 5stone 7.5 lbs gone but over the past couple of weeks seem to have hit a wall , sadly it isnt because im close to target lol so i will just have to stick with it and keep plugging away !!

Hope everyone here has a great weekend ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just spent 45 minutes making the mushroom pappardelle for someone else whose on slimming world. They took a mouthful and gave the rest of the bowl to the dogs because it didn't taste like a dolmio jar of sauce. I'm absolutely fuming. I know the pasta type sauces don't taste like the jar sauces but that's no reason to turn your nose up at them. Clearly being nice and sharing recipes is no longer going to happen with me.

Sorry for the rant!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just spent 45 minutes making the mushroom pappardelle for someone else whose on slimming world. They took a mouthful and gave the rest of the bowl to the dogs because it didn't taste like a dolmio jar of sauce. I'm absolutely fuming. I know the pasta type sauces don't taste like the jar sauces but that's no reason to turn your nose up at them. Clearly being nice and sharing recipes is no longer going to happen with me.

Sorry for the rant!

Eek that wasn't a very nice (or grateful) reaction! Dolmio sauce is sooo bland compared to a good homemade sauce, (s)he doesn't know what (s)he's missing out on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Sorry for the rant!
    Oh my god , I would have went thru them for a short cut , how rude , I'd be fuming too .

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Sorry for the rant!

In my opinion, that was deliberately insulting behaviour. I wonder is there more going on with this person than just a dish not liked. It must have been a very unpleasant experience.

I would avoid any further contact with them, they seem to disrespect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

dee_mc wrote: »
    I just use balsamic vinegar, yummy! Maybe you could try using fat free natural yogurt and mustard powder with some white wine vinegar for something a bit creamy? I haven't tried it (I don't like creamy stuff!) but I remember someone I once worked with used to make a dressing like that.

I use creamy things like yoghurt or fromage frais with spices or herbs, they are very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Hi everyone,
    Could someone explain to me the science behind having to syn a protein shake? The one I have been taking is 91 kcal making it 5syns. I have been taking it a week now not realising this :-(

alanajane wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Could someone explain to me the science behind having to syn a protein shake? The one I have been taking is 91 kcal making it 5syns. I have been taking it a week now not realising this :-(

Protein powder doesn't contain 'free food' so it's synned. I suppose because they're encouraging people to fill up on 'real' food rather than on supplements. Maybe you could talk to your group leader about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Week one down and a 3lb loss, delighted with that :) Going to make a big pot of free soup tomorrow to set me up for healthy lunches

Just sorting out clothes in the wardrobe and found a pair of jeans I bought last Christmas that wouldn't even go up my thighs. And the best bit right now....... I'm wearing them! I swear I never knew that slimming world could change me so much! 3 weeks in and 11lbs lighter I feel like a bazillion dollars! It's a long road still but finding these jeans and them fitting like a glove just made this Wednesday the best ever! I never realised that my weight was having such a negative effect on me. But now I'm beaming from ear to ear for the rest of the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Just sorting out clothes in the wardrobe and found a pair of jeans I bought last Christmas that wouldn't even go up my thighs. And the best bit right now....... I'm wearing them! I swear I never knew that slimming world could change me so much! 3 weeks in and 11lbs lighter I feel like a bazillion dollars! It's a long road still but finding these jeans and them fitting like a glove just made this Wednesday the best ever! I never realised that my weight was having such a negative effect on me. But now I'm beaming from ear to ear for the rest of the day!!

You cheered me up reading that, well done. Great motivation to keep going. Delighted for you.

Was up half a pound today, not too disappointed about it, time of the month for me. Feel great though, put a pair of jeans on me a few days ago that I hadn't worn since last spring and the were falling off me. Motivated now for the week ahead. Good luck to you all :)

Another pound off and wearing a pair of totally rigid skinny jeans, a size smaller and when I put them next to my old super-stretchy not so skinny jeans there's no comparison - they're at least 5 inches smaller! Sounds like a few of us are having good jeans days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

1/2 a pound down after a week off so not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Was down 3 & half last night. Didn't go for 2 weeks as needed a bit of head space as was getting very disheartened as I was up 2 weeks in a row even though I was really good.

So the little break did me good. Will be happy with a lb a week from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Best thing I heard someone say was that pound and a half a week is 5 and a half stone a year.

A pound a week is still well over 3 and a half stone.

Every little bit helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Another pound off and wearing a pair of totally rigid skinny jeans, a size smaller and when I put them next to my old super-stretchy not so skinny jeans there's no comparison - they're at least 5 inches smaller! Sounds like a few of us are having good jeans days!

I'll confess to having left clothing I owned as a teenager in my spare room when I left home.

I've recently had a clear out and I am now sporting shirts, Jeans and jumpers (all still quite fashionable and in date) 16 years later.

Quite the self compliment really.

I must confess though, the dropping of jeans size and shirts size is becoming a bit bothersome. I am finding it difficult to keep myself looking somewhat presentable in clothing that fits me during this transition.

I suppose for the interim, that's where Pennys comes in handy !

MugMugs wrote: »
    I'll confess to having left clothing I owned as a teenager in my spare room when I left home.

I've recently had a clear out and I am now sporting shirts, Jeans and jumpers (all still quite fashionable and in date) 16 years later.

Quite the self compliment really.

I must confess though, the dropping of jeans size and shirts size is becoming a bit bothersome. I am finding it difficult to keep myself looking somewhat presentable in clothing that fits me during this transition.

I suppose for the interim, that's where Pennys comes in handy !

Yeah I've had a few hair-raising 'trouser loss' situations recently, the colder weather is great I'm wearing alot of thick tights and boots with dresses, much safer!
    I've a wedding in 3 weeks though so will have to buy something new... and new bras... It's an expensive time, but so worth it!

• Advertisement

Another great week for me!

I lost 3 pounds which brings me to 1st 0.5lb on Slimming World and if I include weight lost before SW and after it, I am two pounds away from a 3 stone weight loss. I love this plan. :D

Yeah I've had a few hair-raising 'trouser loss' situations recently, the colder weather is great I'm wearing alot of thick tights and boots with dresses, much safer!
    I've a wedding in 3 weeks though so will have to buy something new... and new bras... It's an expensive time, but so worth it!

I usually get fitted twice a year for my bras. Over the years always been a 40-42 FF, felt my bras were a bit big past couple of weeks so got fitted yesterday, now a 38 EE. Delighted they are shrinking, hated my big boobs.

As mentioned by some before, scales may not show it but there are inches being lost.

So my dress shopping for the wedding in a few weeks time has been cancelled - tried on the beautiful dress I bought for an occasion 7 years ago (when I was 3-4 sizes smaller than when I started SW) this morning, and not only does it fit, it looks better than when I bought it!! I'm delighted because I never actually got to wear it before and had considered throwing it away! Just the motivation I needed to keep plugging away at the plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Feeling frustrated today! I was in flying form all week, 100% on track, drinking water instead of beer in the pub, etc. I had a look at my own scales yesterday morning and was due for a 2lb loss for the week. Then I made the mistake of having a mahoooosive lunch before weigh-in today and I was up half a pound. :mad:

To be honest I should have just skipped weigh in altogether, I knew the big lunch was going to affect the scales but I didn't realise how much the gain would annoy me. Feeling doubly cheated as next week is 'star week', so Ill probably have a bloat-related gain then too. Just gotta put the head down and solider on for two weeks and hopefully the scales will finally be my friend again! :rolleyes:

Feeling frustrated today! I was in flying form all week, 100% on track, drinking water instead of beer in the pub, etc. I had a look at my own scales yesterday morning and was due for a 2lb loss for the week. Then I made the mistake of having a mahoooosive lunch before weigh-in today and I was up half a pound. :mad:

To be honest I should have just skipped weigh in altogether, I knew the big lunch was going to affect the scales but I didn't realise how much the gain would annoy me. Feeling doubly cheated as next week is 'star week', so Ill probably have a bloat-related gain then too. Just gotta put the head down and solider on for two weeks and hopefully the scales will finally be my friend again! :rolleyes:

Ah that sucks, but you know yourself that the scales was weighing you + lunch, and a gal's gotta eat, so don't beat yourself up! I've always eaten in the hour or two before my weigh-in because the session can be sooo long, I'm taking the guideline of 'never going hungry' rather seriously :D

Chin up teletext pear! Don't beat yourself up about next week just yet! It hasn't happened yet so don't write yourself off now! I had a 'star week' last week and still lost 4lbs. I was convinced I'd have a gain but I didn't! Keep on plan and I've my fingers crossed for a great weigh in for you next week!

What is "star week", time of the month??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

What is "star week", time of the month??

For me it the week before

Talking about Bras... I am quite big chested :o and after losing nearly 3 stone, I think I should get measured... where do you girls recommend?

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    Talking about Bras... I am quite big chested :o and after losing nearly 3 stone, I think I should get measured... where do you girls recommend?

http://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits
    I find this more useful than in-store fittings (which apparently used an 'outdated' method of measuring!) you'll also find brand recommendations on this site :)
    http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement