Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Guys can ye help me :) what baps do you use let's say as burger buns as your healthy b??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hoping that anyone here that goes to the meetings might be able to help me, batchelors (at least I think it's them) have a new range if beans that you'd have with rice/taco etc, does anyone know if they are syn free?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

m'lady wrote: »
    Hoping that anyone here that goes to the meetings might be able to help me, batchelors (at least I think it's them) have a new range if beans that you'd have with rice/taco etc, does anyone know if they are syn free?
    not sure , i know the chilli beans are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Gee_G wrote: »
    Guys can ye help me :) what baps do you use let's say as burger buns as your healthy b??

There aren't too many options. The country kitchen sandwich thins or bagel slims are healthy b but aren't great IMO.

We use Slimsters or Slimbos instead. 5 syns each but worth it and if you don't eat a healthy B that day it's pretty much the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have any of you seen this yet? An Irish lady was awarded Slimming World's Woman of The Year in the UK. How amazing. Shes truly an inspiration to anyone who wants to lose weight.

https://www.facebook.com/slimmingworldIreland/photos/a.602590246468064.1073741827.602536913140064/780729568654130/?type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

So I did it, I signed up last night ^_^ Leader is awesome and from what I saw in class last night she is super supportive! Just after printing loads of lovely dinner recipes, cannot wait to cook tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jaycees

Hi.

Just wondering. Can Irish Pride Slimsters be used as a HEB?

Thanks in advance.

Jaycees wrote: »
    Hi.

Thanks in advance.

I dont think they can be used. But the Brennans "Be Good bread" can be used. 2 slices and they are 2 good slices too. Not the small ones like the Hovis Nimble which can also be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jaycees wrote: »
    Hi.

Thanks in advance.

No, but they're worth the 5 syns IMO and if you don't have a HEB that day it's close enough IMO

They've just added Aldi Gluten Free "Has no" rolls as a healthy B and they're substantial enough IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Where can you find the recently added foods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Down 2lbs tonight, delighted with that. I had a meal out and too much wine on Friday and a stomach bug on Sunday/Monday so i went way off plan so lucky to have any loss at all. Back on it 100% now, only 4.5lbs to go to my 1 stone award!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Have a night out this weekend with work going for a Chinese anybody know what would be the best to eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Have a night out this weekend with work going for a Chinese anybody know what would be the best to eat?

Beef in Black bean sauce with boiled rice 5.5 syns (boiled rice is free! fried rice add 4 syns), chicken chow mein 7, sweet and sour chicken 8.5 syns, watch the serving sizes though because I'm pretty sure those syn values are for about half the portion of each main course... so fill up on the rice!
    Prawn crackers are apparently only 1.5 syns for 5 which sounds like good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dee_mc wrote: »
    Beef in Black bean sauce with boiled rice 5.5 syns (boiled rice is free! fried rice add 4 syns), chicken chow mein 7, sweet and sour chicken 8.5 syns, watch the serving sizes though because I'm pretty sure those syn values are for about half the portion of each main course... so fill up on the rice!
    Prawn crackers are apparently only 1.5 syns for 5 which sounds like good value!

God i always thought prawn crackers were loads of syns!! Put them in a fire and you see how much oil they hold so I just presumed they were a no go! :)

Gee_G wrote: »
    God i always thought prawn crackers were loads of syns!! Put them in a fire and you see how much oil they hold so I just presumed they were a no go! :)

I know that's what I thought too! To be honest I haven't checked that in the book, someone said it online (another site) and I just saved the list of syn values in case I get a craving for a takeaway! I've searched again now and someone else says 1.5 syns for 2, which is quite different. I could eat a whole bag of them so avoiding them altogether is the way to go for me :D

Just checked the app. It says for 5 crackers from Chinese it's 1.5 syns so that's not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Oh, speaking of Chinese. If anyone is in the killarney area there's a Chinese restaurant called Golden Chopsticks that has a page of syn free meals in its menu! Went there for dinner a few wks ago with the intention of just blowing my syns for the night and couldn't believe it when I saw the page. Food tasted great too, the exact same as a normal Chinese meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Oh, speaking of Chinese. If anyone is in the killarney area there's a Chinese restaurant called Golden Chopsticks that has a page of syn free meals in its menu! Went there for dinner a few wks ago with the intention of just blowing my syns for the night and couldn't believe it when I saw the page. Food tasted great too, the exact same as a normal Chinese meal.

Wow that's impressive, handy to know if I'm back there, thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

If anyone is on Instagram, please follow me: www.instagram.com/emsiesw :)

yes theres a chinese in drogheda/dundalk and navan that have a sw menu, its briliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

is the Aldi brand pasta sauce jar free of syns?

Three and a half down and feeling great :)

Was taster night in group this evening, was stuffed leaving.... so many great ideas, i was down 1 lb;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Maintained this week hoping to be down again next week

Can't believe it. I was down 4 lbs this week!! Wasn't expecting that at all. In the 3 years I'm doing this its only the second time I've got a loss this big so I'm chuffed to bits.

ja1986 wrote: »

I doubt it. Most of those jars of sauces are very high in syns so be careful. They are full of sugar and most people don't even realise that. I haven't used a jar of sauce since I started sw nearly 3 years ago.

ja1986 wrote: »

Just had a quick look on the app there and the bolognese aldi sauce cucini one is 11 syns!!

andreac wrote: »
    Can't believe it. I was down 4 lbs this week!! Wasn't expecting that at all. In the 3 years I'm doing this its only the second time I've got a loss this big so I'm chuffed to bits.

Any tips. Well done 4lbs in fantastic

Just really stuck to plan and watched my syns. Ate loads of superfree too.
    Not sure why it was such a high loss to be honest so I'm chuffed.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to figure out why my weight loss was higher this week; I'd say it's down to the fact I only ate pasta once (as opposed to four times last week, when I ended up with a gain of 2 pounds) - I had SW chips every other day! I also ate about twice as much superfree, and 9-10 syns per day (as opposed to about 5-6 per day last week when I had the gain). I was also slightly less active this week than last.
    I won't be expecting great things this week as I've a family wedding and visitors staying from tomorrow on and off for the next few weeks, intending to stick to plan every day except Saturday though! Hopefully won't end up on the floor after my first few drinks since August :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement