Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It's my opinion the only person I was insulting was Axl. I didn't insult you. I simply stated what you were doing.

Wrong. You've also insulted fans of Axl and GNR by suggesting that having items thrown at the stage was a good thing.
    Wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Looks like Steven has finally had enough of Axl and has washed his hands of him. I don't agree with his comments that only him, Slash and Duff care about the fans. I can only conclude that he's pissed off with Izzy for not going to the awards but I'm sure Izzy had very good reasons for not going, unlike Axl, who was just being a tosser.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-adler-on-axl-rose-he-showed-his-true-colors-to-the-world-im-done-with-him-20120423

And by the way, regarding some of the previous posts, anyone who advocates throwing missiles or bottles at the stage, regardless of who is playing, is a total gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Looks like Steven has finally had enough of Axl and has washed his hands of him. I don't agree with his comments that only him, Slash and Duff care about the fans. I can only conclude that he's pissed off with Izzy for not going to the awards but I'm sure Izzy had very good reasons for not going, unlike Axl, who was just being a tosser.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/steven-adler-on-axl-rose-he-showed-his-true-colors-to-the-world-im-done-with-him-20120423

And by the way, regarding some of the previous posts, anyone who advocates throwing missiles or bottles at the stage, regardless of who is playing, is a total gob****e.

True. The best way to protest against this f**ker and his "antics", is to keep your money in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Meh, part of me thinks he's just saying that, because he proberly thinks Guns N' Roses will never reunite so he's just saying this for the publicity and try and get some attention for himself. But if it ever occurred that Guns N' Rose was planning on reuniting(even if it will never happen) I bet Steven would jump out of his shoes. I mean he just said it should be about the fans, and the fans want this so would he be the one to go against them in the end and refuse to reunite?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Slash has spoken about the reunion of Guns N' Roses at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction and has said he views the induction as "closing the book" on his old band.

The guitarist reunited with former bandmates Duff McKagan and Steven Adler performed 'Appetite For Destruction' hits 'Mr Brownstone', 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and 'Paradise City' with Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy during the induction, which Axl Rose declined to attend.

Speaking about this, Slash said that he had hoped to play with Rose at the ceremony, but always knew that the idea was "wishful thinking".

He said of this: "In my heart of hearts I wanted to have the whole original band get together and perform – which I sort of knew was wishful thinking. It became apparent it wasn’t going to happen and I was like, 'Oh, ****.' I was disillusioned with the whole thing, but there was that commitment that I was going and I thought Axl was still going to go.

The guitarist also said that it wasn't his idea to go and get Kennedy to sing with the band, but that he and Duff McKagan agreed they had to replace Rose somehow.

He said of this: "Two days before the ceremony Axl said he wasn’t coming. Duff McKagan and I talked and we said, 'Okay, we’re just going to ****ing get together and play.' Duff goes, 'We should get Myles.' I talked to Myles – he was apprehensive about getting put in that position, so at first he turned it down. But finally he said, 'Okay, I’ll do it.'"

He continued: "I hadn’t played with Gilby Clarke in a long time and I hadn’t played Guns songs with Steven Adler in ****ing 18 years. It was a little bit foreign at first. After a couple of minutes it started to fall into place. I had a really ****ing good time."

Slash went on to say that as far as he was concerned, this "closed the book" on the chances of a reunion. He added: "I didn’t have any illusions or delusions of GN’R getting back together for anything. I maybe tried to see it happen for this one particular event. I didn’t have high hopes. But now it’s all said and done, it really felt like closing the book on the whole thing."

The guitarist also ruled out the band touring with Kennedy as their frontman, calling it "way too complicated".

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/63467

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 38,024 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing Block E seats are still avaible for GNR on may 17th in the o2.

I say the attendence would be similar to kiss in 2010 no way as big as the gnr gig in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PTH2009 wrote: »

I say the attendence would be similar to kiss in 2010 no way as big as the gnr gig in 2010.

I would imagine there is still loads of standing

I'd be delighted if this bombed. It would serve the muppets at MCD right for inviting him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd be delighted if this bombed. It would serve the muppets at MCD right for inviting him back.

Seriously man, we get this, you hate Guns N' Roses. This thread documents your hatred very well from the moment this gig was first rumored.

• Advertisement

Seriously man, we get this, you hate Guns N' Roses. This thread documents your hatred very well from the moment this gig was first rumored.

Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What was the story with the Kiss gig? half full was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What was the story with the Kiss gig? half full was it?

More than half full but the amount of empty spaces at it was very noticeable certainly not what you'd expect from a Kiss show (their first in the republic also) if I was to guess I'd say maybe 9000 r so at it. I personally wouldnt think twice about going to Kiss again but wouldnt bother me ring with the GnR unless it was at a festival r somethin,

Who will be first to release a new album though Kiss r GnR? That's the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

Who will be first to release a new album though Kiss r GnR? That's the question.

Kiss ... it'll be out later this year

RayCon wrote: »

Kiss ... it'll be out later this year

Really cool I knew theyre doing a tour of the US with Motley Crue, any preview tracks floating around yet?

And just so I'm not going completely off topic I will also mention it was interesting to read the interview with slash in the new classic rock magazine he says regarding RnR hall of fame he hoped a performance with the old lineup would happen even though he initially had his doubts and when it didn't materialize it was duffs idea to get Myles to sing at the RnR hall of fame he also goes on to say that event he enjoyed but also he saw it as shutting the door on that band.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

More than half full but the amount of empty spaces at it was very noticeable certainly not what you'd expect from a Kiss show (their first in the republic also) if I was to guess I'd say maybe 9000 r so at it. I personally wouldnt think twice about going to Kiss again but wouldnt bother me ring with the GnR unless it was at a festival r somethin,

Yea tbh i dont think Kiss were ever gonna sell out even though the ticket prices were very good (€50 IIRC) . Yea id say 9000 is about right but the band were still on form . Hope they still come back on the next tour but maybe bring a decent size support act (STEEL PANTHER :D ) it could sell well . Plus at least the turn out wasnt as bad as 30 Seconds To Mars 2 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Here's the pro shot version

Think slash wouldnt be to happy if he looked at this clown butchering it...

get the made in stoke album proper g'n'r feel

and slash at his best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I wouldn't have expected Kiss to sell out in Ireland. I don't know allot about them, but aren't they just a novelty act... I didn't think they were popular outside of The States.

As for the G N'R gig, they are also a bit of a novelty at this stage... You can't go on touring based on legacy material, without producing new songs. People will go and see them once, maybe twice, but the novelty will wear off. They can't just continue touring without giving the fans something new & Chinese Democracy was a good example of how they just aren't capable of the quality of the original band.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There is no such thing as free speech on this website.

Malice wrote: »
    There is no such thing as free speech on this website.

Please tell me you're joking!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hoping now more than ever they go on stage at a reasonable time. I have an exam the next day and don't fancy being out all night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Please tell me you're joking!?
    You've been on the site nearly six years and you didn't realise that? It's a sitewide rule but here is a good summary from the After Hours charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The fact that you haven't been banned or warned about offensive comment negates that you have been free to say as much as you want in this regard (I'm not, for the record, saying you should be banned btw), but there comes a time when you need to give it a rest, and just accept that you've made your point and if you've nothing new to add then please just move on. Constantly reminding us of your hatred simply means Guns N' Roses are renting space in your head and not paying for it.

I was one of the biggest advocates of people being given refunds after what happened in September 2010, and I agree the entire handling of that situation was a disgrace, and the subsaquent cover up and tight lipped Media coverage was even more disgraceful - and goes to prove Irish media is far from as free and independant as some of it's British counterparts.

It made me personally sick to see a company as big as MCD could simply control the national Irish broadcaster by waving cash (actually, what the hell is our national broadcaster so dependent on advertising for anyway), it goes against every feeling in me as a Journalist. I still feel disgusted but, sadly, there came a point where I realized I couldn't do anymore and nobody was going to give me a penny for my ticket. But despite the press release MCD released, there is evidence that certain people did manage to obtain compensation in the form of a full refund from MCD in relation to the GNR performance.

In any case, the point is, that we need to move past this situation and address the problems now. If you feel that GNR suck, that's your free and legal right to think and believe, but you need to move past simple hatred now and focus on something else - as I said, this thread documents your feelings well so nobody is going to forget.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hoping now more than ever they go on stage at a reasonable time. I have an exam the next day and don't fancy being out all night :(

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I hate Axl the person, and don't like what GnR has now become BUT I think that this Dublin gig is gonna be immense, don't know why as negativity and Axl go hand in hand (in my mind anyway).
    I just reckon he's gonna pull something BIG (not a reunion so don't go there) outta the bag, maybe on time and a 3hr show? Maybe a lot of rarities? If anyone can pull that off then it's Mr nutella himself, Axl

scudzilla wrote: »
    I hate Axl the person, and don't like what GnR has now become BUT I think that this Dublin gig is gonna be immense, don't know why as negativity and Axl go hand in hand (in my mind anyway).I just reckon he's gonna pull something BIG (not a reunion so don't go there) outta the bag, maybe on time and a 3hr show? Maybe a lot of rarities? If anyone can pull that off then it's Mr nutella himself, Axl

LOL. Do you not know his track record for turning up late, cancelling concerts at the last minute, walking off stage mid-set in a huff cos someone took a picture of him...............? He's done it numerous times. The man is a law unto himself.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I wouldn't have expected Kiss to sell out in Ireland. I don't know allot about them, but aren't they just a novelty act... I didn't think they were popular outside of The States.

As for the G N'R gig, they are also a bit of a novelty at this stage... You can't go on touring based on legacy material, without producing new songs. People will go and see them once, maybe twice, but the novelty will wear off. They can't just continue touring without giving the fans something new & Chinese Democracy was a good example of how they just aren't capable of the quality of the original band.

I think you are missing out to dismiss Kiss as a novelty act sure its well known that they bring extra cheese to the pizza of rock but its all in good fun and have some quality material to go along with that. I find it unusal someone posting in the rock/metal forum hasn't heard of them tbh one of the still active highest selling rock groups of all-time (over 100m) only other still active bands that fit in that bracket are Aerosmith,Depeche Mode,U2,AC/DC,Fleetwood Mac,Metallica,Bowie,Bruce Springsteen,Eagles,Bon Jovi,The Rolling Stones and of course the band on this thread Guns n Roses. It was written somewhere about them that Love em or hate em your favourite band loves Kiss. Not as big outside of the states true but Ireland was probably the only country on the 2010 European tour they didn't sell out as far as i'm aware. Funnily enough linking the 2 bands original GnR member Duff Mckagan recently tweeted about Kiss and a new track he has heard from their new album https://twitter.com/#!/DuffMcKagan/status/196318748255330304

I would agree on the GnR point although I think there is some great tracks on Chinese Democracy its not material that warrants touring again.

Dublin band 'Vengeance and the Panther Queen' have been added to the O2 bill, never heard of them, looked them up on youtube and found this

WTF are MCD playing at? Hoping to get a few hundred extra tickets sold??

If this song is anythin to go by then they're gonna go down like a fart in an Astronaut suit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ill be showing at the same time as Axl by the sounds of that ****e.

• Advertisement

Just found this, a full 3hr gig from Feb this year.

Axl's voice, IMO his 1 main feature, IS SHOT TO FCUK!!

Advertisement